The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What have you been listening to?

+10
Motinator
TheMatt
Krubixcube
AlexC-25
ajapam
pspiddy
BretBaber
avidacridjam
Miraculous Kaydybug
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 3 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by avidacridjam Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 pm

I can't stop listening to the new QOTSA. It's brilliant.

On initial listening, I liked the new AIC but don't consider it anything next to their best. I spun it yesterday and for some reason it just didn't impress me. Guess you need to be in a certain mood.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 3 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by BretBaber Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 am

Not everything that goes around comes back around, y' know?

That's an awesome line.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 am

Been listening to Kanye West's Yeezus. I didn't really care for it on my first listen, but after going through it a few times, I really dig it. It's no My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but then again, I don't think I'll ever enjoy a rap album as much as that.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Kanye West is the only rapper/rap music that I like.  I think I prefer 808's and Heartbreaks the most.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TheMatt Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 am

If you like 808's and Heartbreaks, you might actually like Yeezus. It's probably the closest thing to that album... but Yeezus is very weird. It's probably the weirdest album I've heard in a long time, not made by Tyler, the Creator. It's worth checking out if you can find a stream of it somewhere.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 am

Is it out yet?  

Weird music is usually my favorite music.  My favorite Radiohead song is Fitter Happier, which is all about the weird.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:17 am

Yeah, it came out on Tuesday. I actually didn't like it all that much the first time I listened to it... But I love it now. There are some really fun songs on there.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 am

I am having a hard time enjoying the new Kanye. It feels like the result of putting out an album that is considered one of the genre's best. After that album, you just go ahead and put an album like this out because... why not?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:12 pm

I love the new Black Sabbath album. Old-fashioned doom/stoner metal like their first four albums. Kinda sucks that Bill Ward couldn't make it (contract disputes) but Brad Wilk does a damn good job on the drums.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:43 am

Honestly I'd love everyone's opinion on why they actually dislike (HATE) Nickelback. To me it just seems like people like to say they hate them just because everyone else says so.

Daniel Adair is great, one of my favourite drummers. And ya, I realize Chad Kroeger's voice is nothing angelic, but it works for the songs they play. There newest albums have been getting a bit more formulaic but All the Right Reasons is one of my favourite albums.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:10 am

Nickelback is generic in every sense of the word. Their work is uninspired it makes me feel nothing, and that defeats the purpose of music to me. It's supposed to make you feel emotion, want to scream, sing along, dance, and all their music does is make me stand and stare. It doesn't inspire me to do anything. I can't stand music like that.

Music shouldn't be about making money it should be about making something inspiring something beautiful. Thats my opinion anyways.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:34 am

I feel like Nickelback is bad but they're not AS bad as people say they are. I mean, I'm not going out and downloading...I mean, buying, any Nickelback stuff myself but I somehow feel they get an unreal amount of hate for being a mediocre band, of which there are many mediocre bands.

Now if you had found Justin Bieber CDs...well, divorce the bitch.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:21 am

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A CD COLLECTION, WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE IMPRESSIVE!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am

While I haven't heard everything Nickelback has made, there are 2 things that hurt them: 1) they've established a songwriting pattern for their songs (especially their hit singles) that many consider a lack of creativity or innovation (me, I just think it's boring after a while), 2) it really doesn't help that radio and MTV/VH1 (back when both played vids) played the ever-loving shit out of them to the point that it reached a ridiculous level of over-saturation.

Concerning that first reason, some bands make that work (Slayer, AC/DC) for a while but eventually it can bite you in the ass. Those two bands were operating in a time where their genres were young and in constant state of being refined or challenged. As far as I can tell, Nickelback came in where pop rock felt safe and never did anything to elevate the genre. At the very least, they put out dependable tunes over the years that their fanbase will enjoy. I don't find them offensive. They're so harmless that I just don't care.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:42 pm

I think Avid just summed Nickelback pretty well.

But even if you hate Nickelback more than anyone in the world, at least they don't do stuff like this
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:47 pm

huh. I guess I argue against their songs being generic in part because I know them so well that it's easy to find how they're unique. But I just can't believe that they're that much more generic than usual. I also don't always find that a bad thing. I think a lot of country music can have that same argument applied, but there's times when ya, I just want to blast a song about drinkin on friday after work.

Would you guys compare them to like call of duty?
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm liking how Kanye West is embracing his more experimental side on this new album. But the fact that it's called 'Yeezus' basically sums up everything I don't like about him. So I don't know if I like or not, haha
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 am

That song is super cool, am digging it. Might check out this album. I'm a sucker for lots of...layers...I'm not musically versed, as you can see, but when I feel a song has a lot going on and builds/changes. I don't want to play a song and skip around in the song and have it sound hte same no matter where I stop.

That said, I like my cheesy pop music, but it's just in a different part of my brain.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 am

=D!!!!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:53 pm

I picked up a book on early twentieth century composers and I've been listening to each piece as I get to them in the book. Right now I'm on Arnold Schoenberg. So that's what I'm listening to.

Also, I'm super late on this, but Death was an awesome find, spiddy.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum