The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+18
Rainjar
chocobot
Motinator
TripOpt55
ajapam
BretBaber
Methane_Max
pspiddy
Captain N
Nephilimi
AlexC-25
Krubixcube
Keith_Games
volvocrusher
avidacridjam
b.b.hagen
Bannen
TheMatt
22 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 31 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by BretBaber Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Volvo, I forgot to mention I really liked the second Spider-Man movie. A lot better than the first movie in almost every way. Didn't really like the way Green Goblin looked though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 31 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 pm

The Green Goblin did look really bad. Like if you took the worst combination from 616's cheesy, fun Goblin and Ultimate's giant intimidating one. Glad you liked it
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Just got back from How to Train Your Dragon 2. Say what you want about Dreamworks, that company nails every movie with a 2 in the title. Always funnier, more creative, and more fun and this was no exception. Had no idea where the plot was going for most the movie, action was on par with all these superhero movies, flight scenes were always fun, and I really like Hiccup as a character. Even more than the first.

Also the direction they take that girl twin from the first movie (forget her name) is absolutely hilarious. I was dying every scene with her.

Last edited by volvocrusher on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:53 pm

I'll definitely see it this weekend. I was low on money last weekend. Not to mention, I need to have enough money to see something else like Edge of Tomorrow or 22 Jump Street.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:58 am

I thought we could bond over westerns...I WAS WRONG!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 am

I love you spiddy, but sometimes I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 am

There's probably a correlation there worth exploring...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 am

I think I've seen bits of both of those movies when I was younger but remember nothing about either of them.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:38 am

Why not make a list of this myself?

Kubert- 2001: A Space Odyssey so I can keep humming the Jeopardy theme song during all of the slow bits just to see how annoyed he would get

Kay- Kill Bill parts 1 and 2 to see just how much she masturbates during these movies

Spiddy- Man of Steel so I could keep playing Dragonball Z music during the fight scenes and go on about how this is the perfect DBZ movie. Or if he has a weapon/blunt object on him, I would go with Red Dawn so we could fuel our plans for when the US government gets too much power and we need to fight back.

Trip- The Lego Movie to see the look on his face when he sees all the master builders build things super quick

Bret- There are actually two choices I would pick with him. First would be Indiana Jones (any of the first three) because he seems like the kind of guy who's fun to watch a lighthearted adventure film with. Second would be Lord of the Rings so he could wake me up every time I fall asleep so maybe I could give those movies a chance. Though I'd prefer Indy.

Matt- How to Train Your Dragon followed by Toy Story 3 so we can keep arguing which is better

Aja- Dr. Strangeglove so we can point out every scene that's been referenced in The Simpsons

San- I'd throw out every movie and just watch a bunch of Simpsons episodes with this guy while he talks about how awesome the 90's were.

N-Gamer- The Adam West Batman movie so we can enjoy cheesy Batness together.

Chocobot- Any good Disney or Pixar movie.

Avid- Mystery box where he picks because I know that fucker would pick something awesome I haven't seen that would suit better than anything I would choose.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:19 am

I can tell the love I command in this forum...everyone just wants to annoy me. I like this topic though!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:30 am

I do like Indy, but my favorite is usually the least favorite of the 3 and that's Temple of Doom. When I was younger that was the one we seemed to have taped on VHS so it was always the one I watched, so for that reason alone it holds a special place in my heart.

But I would be rooting for Lord of the Rings all of the way, the greatest trilogy in my opinion.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Temple of Doom is my favorite too
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Despite never ever seeing a commentary before, I checked it out for The Lego Movie because I'm obsessed. Turns out listening to Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Charlie Day, and Allison Brie chat with one of the directors is hilarious. Chris Pratt especially is a very naturally funny guy. Also cool hearing them point out little touches with Lego pieces used I never got when I saw it before.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:20 pm

I too never watch commentary, but if it's something I really like then I do.

Temple of Doom is great, it's just pure adventure the whole time. Also, it's rather creepy. I remember being very frightened when they ripped his heart out of his chest.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:19 pm

I still think Raiders is the best but Temple of Doom is the best possible sequel because its so different in tone and approach and gives Indy a great character arc.

I love audio commentaries. They're not always well-executed but when they're done well, your appreciation for a film just increases.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:09 am

YES! I love Temple of Doom! Now I don't feel so alone in this cruel world filled with people who don't like Temple of Doom nearly as much as they should.

Hopefully I'll see How to Train Your Dragon 2 this weekend. I'm trying to find someone to watch it with me but it looks like I'll just have to drag my step-dad along so he can complain the whole time about being stuck in a theatre filled with children.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:02 am

I normally don't watch commentary but if anyone is a Blade Runner or Alien fan, Ridley Scott does very good commentaries.

Also, watched A Very Long Engagement and This is England over the weekend. The former was a bit of a blatant tear-jerker but well-done and I enjoyed it. This is England was EXCELLENT and I'm normally not the English social drama type but I really loved it. Some nice little vignettes of life and great performances if that kind of thing is your bag.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:45 am

Just watched The Lego Movie and it was great. It was consistently funny, had a great cast and the animation was incredible. I'm either seeing 22 Jump Street or How to Train Your Dragon 2 tonight. Can't really decide which one I want to go to... but I'll see one of them!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 am

I saw The Lego Movie earlier today and I'm pretty damn sure that this is my favorite film of the year so far. Visually spectacular and a script that delivers on dialogue (just one damn bulls-eye joke after another), themes (so damn rich you could drizzle it over pancakes) and so wonderfully, cleverly subversive throughout.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:18 am

I love you guys
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:21 am

Yeah the animation was AWESOME. I couldn't tell if it was stop motion or CGI which is a great thing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:44 pm

My wife and I recently watched the first Mortal Kombat movie on Blu-Ray. When that movie first came out in theaters my dad and I went to see it. It's cheesy as hell, but still a funny movie. The best part is Johnny Cage getting pissed off because Goro broke his sunglasses and doing his split punch right from the video game right in Goro's huge nutsack. My wife and I were both laughing our asses off at that one.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:46 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Why not make a list of this myself?

San- I'd throw out every movie and just watch a bunch of Simpsons episodes with this guy while he talks about how awesome the 90's were.

I approve of this.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next