The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gaming Chat Thread

+4
TripOpt55
TheMatt
SanAndreasX
avidacridjam
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gaming Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming Chat Thread

Post by ajapam Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:00 am

Previous gen to current gen is such a small jump that $60 for the Bioshock Collection seems a bit ludicrous to me. I'd definitely pay that much for the Crash remakes, though (actually $80 because RIP Canadian Dollar.) All the other remasters have been priced somewhat fairly I think. Except for the ones that were just plain bad like Silent Hill.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Microsoft has apparently said that every game they publish will be on both Xbox and PC (complete with cross-buy and cross-play.) http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/07/04/all-microsoft-published-games-will-now-be-xbox-play-anywhere

Obviously I'm a fan of this but I was wondering how XB1 owners feel. It seems like a bit of a ripoff for those who also own a gaming PC, but do those of you who only play on consoles think this is good or bad news? Or does it really affect how you feel about your Xbox at all?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:29 pm

As a non-Xbox owner, I guess if I were interested in MS first-party games (which I'm generally not) and didn't want to spring for an Xbox I'd be cool with it. I'm not sure how it's a ripoff for PC gamers, though, they can play Halo and Forza without having to invest in an Xbox if they don't want to.

If I were an Xbox owner I'd probably still favor the Xbox over the PC, though. I can get a lot of third party PS4 games through Steam or GOG, but would rather play on my PS4 instead. But given the way Microsoft has handled PC gaming since they brought out the original Xbox, I wouldn't get too excited yet.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant for people who own both an Xbox One and a gaming PC. I can see how they'd feel a bit ripped off by this
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:20 pm

I think there's probably only a very small population of people who own both gaming PC's and X-Boxes and for them too it might not be too bad simply because someone might want to play a game in a home theater set up one day and in their room another. I guess that example only works if the saves transfer though.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:00 pm

I'm happy about this because it means I can play with my friends who only play on Xbox if they get Gears or Scalebound.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm

wouldn't the PC players have a huge advantage in shooters though?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:10 pm

I think they said co-op will allow cross play but not PvP. Don't quote me on that though. But I feel it's less of an issue with 3rd person shooters like Gears.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Are there any recent standout mobile games you guys have played? Got the new phone with the room to add more apps/games, so think I will look into what I have missed recently.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 am

We both know I'm going to say Pokemon Go, so I'm not even going to bother with that one. So I'm gonna go with an Ace Attorney game. They even give you a good size demo which really lets you know if it's something you'll like.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Good idea. Maybe I will give one of them a go.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Anybody have some thoughts on the new NX rumors (seems these are pretty legit):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:24 pm

The bookend controller bit is especially interesting, makes me feel they'll have motion controls built into those two, take them off and you can play Wii esque MP games. Would actually be a pretty smart move since everyone would automatically get to play MP games.

As far as a handheld you just plug in, I like this idea. I have a PC, PS4, and XB1, I don't need another console just like them that also has Nintendo games. Them combining portable into one means they can possibly bring along their 3DS 3rd party support and not divide their 1st party games among two platforms, which would mean fewer droughts for the system.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Yeah If they can combine their portable lineups with their typical console output, I think it'll be solid as far as games go. But I really just want to see the thing already
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 pm

That is the bright spot. Nintendo can't support two systems, so just having one would be a plus. Not sure about the rest particularly it seemingly being a handheld first kind of thing, but we'll see.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Seems a smart move on the Japanese market side. Any market consoles do have over there is PS4's territory, and handhelds are huge. And on the western market, like greenie said it makes sense to not compete with current consoles.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 pm

I have some doubts about this thing actually being portable, though. Size and battery life being two big concerns
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm not sure if bring the thing anywhere is what Nintendo wants to go for anymore though. That's been taken over by smartphones, and not so much with games but with social media and news as well. People turn to their phone when they have some minutes to kill and a handheld when they want to play something anywhere around the house. That I feel is what Nintendo is truly after with the NX if this is true.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:04 am

What you are suggesting sounds similar to the Wii U and I can't imagine them doubling down on that. The NX supposedly uses a popular mobile chipset. Ubi mentioned they think it will bring back the Wii audience. Sounds like they may be going after the mobile market rather than avoiding it (which worries me to be honest). Regardless I can't imagine it being so handheld-first like all the rumors suggest if the main intention is to use it around the house. Maybe it will be mobile like a tablet is? I don't know. I wish we could just see this damn thing already.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 am

I don't think I made it out like the Wii U since you could only use it within about 25 feet of the console as opposed to anywhere around the house, which is how people use tablets. Not to mention the Wii U was actually a solid idea marketed horribly which worked wrong. Just being able to actually take it anywhere and letting people know what this is right out the gate could be enough to make this more successful than the Wii U.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:37 am

I'm not calling into question whether the Wii U was a good idea. Everyone knows I loved the actual system. I just think all these rumors suggest they are going for a bring it anywhere system (though I find plenty of people bring tablets anywhere, so maybe that is where we are differing).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:41 am

I was more differing on the audience than how they'll market it. I know they'll market it as bring it anywhere if the rumors are true. But the audience they want to go after will mostly play at home, occasionally bringing it along for things like airplane rides rather than pull it out whenever they have a few minutes to kill. It's more the audience will think they want to play it anywhere when in reality they will mostly just use it at home.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 am

Anybody else wondering what detachable controllers would mean for touch screen use?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Not sure I get what you mean ajapam. Do you think that would limit your use of the touchscreen, or do you mean it would be used more since you could potentially bring it without the controllers altogether? Sounds like they want you to be able to play some of their mobile games on there going forward too, so I would think there would be plenty of touch screen use right?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:22 pm

I mean if you can detach the controllers and just use those, you can't use the touchscreen in that case. And when you're using the touchscreen you can't use the motion controllers. So will there be games that only work one way? Games where you detach the controllers for multiplayer? And so on.

Come to think of it I'm not sure the rumours included either motion controls or a touchscreen. I think I just assumed because it's Nintendo. If I'm right I'd be really interested to see the controller, since I'm a big fan of the Wii-U gamepad and... not such a big fan of the wii remote

edit: I guess it'd probably be the same as the wii-u. Totally over-thought this.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:50 pm

One thing that would make me think this would be an upgrade over the Wii is the image on the speculation posts. The Wiis biggest issue was it's lack of buttons but if they had an analog stick and 4 buttons/a D-Pad and (what I would assume) two shoulder buttons on each side, that would give six buttons per controller. Something which would open up games which use motion controls.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:56 pm

There are so many potentially cool ways they could use this setup (at least the way it is described/way I'm imagining it), I hope we see them used to their full potential. I thought the whole assymetrical multiplayer thing on Wii U didn't really get enough mileage, but was really cool when done right.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:13 am

More NX rumors:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

That exec comment about going for the mobile market lines up with how I was reading earlier rumors. What do you guys think the Pokemon and Mario titles will be (assuming this is true obviously)?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:30 am

First six months makes sense for Pokemon, guessing it's another third pillar like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum (Eclipse maybe?). Maybe a sequel like Black/White 2 could also happen, but that one will be Fall if so. I mean, Crystal was technically a new platform since it was GBC exclusive so I could see this happening if the other NX rumors are true. If GF is making a Pokemon it basically confirms the hybrid IMO.

Mario could be a lot of things depending on how far away it is. Towards the end of the 6 months, I see 3D, if it's launch then 2D to not take the light away from Zelda. Could be a Kart also though, especially since they'd only need to do one if it's a handheld/console hybrid. Don't see this being an RPG though, we had two this year. Anything else I feel wouldn't grab the attention Nintendo needs to get early on for this thing.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:58 pm

My first instincts were that third pillar Pokemon game you mentioned and a 2D Mario game. But I do wonder what a 2D Mario game will be like post-Mario Maker. I wonder if that has changed their thinking towards that line of games.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next