The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 8 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:44 am

I got to play some of the Temple of Osiris co-op. It is so awesome. My friend is afraid of snakes, so this one level became kind of hilarious because of it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:56 am

Dragon Age Inquisition pretty much solidified itself as my GOTY at this point. I know, "Greenie loves Bioware, BIG SURPRISE," but I'm not that into the series prior to this one. Origins could get exhausting and was padded as hell even without the DLC while 2 was pretty damn uncompelling. I've only beat it once, that NEVER happens with a Bioware game.

But here, exploring areas is really fun, like it took the side planets from Mass Effect 1 (minus the Mako) and gave the areas Far Cry 3's level of detail giving a nice balance of variety both between areas and within them.

Story missions keep getting better and better too. My only gripe is the beginning isn't that good and super directionless. But once the story gets rolling, it is so good.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:58 pm

I never liked Dragon Age but wanted to. There was a bunch of games this holiday season I wanted so I passed on this, but once it is $20 I'll probably give it a try.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 pm

I think you'd enjoy this one a lot more than Origins Bret. I've seen a lot of people who don't care for Bioware games praise it. Feels quite different from their usual stuff too, but most of the important things I love about their games is intact.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:20 am

$20 feels like a good waiting point, because even if it disappoints not like I'm out too much. The videos I watched of it looked really good. The combat is what I didn't like about the first one, everything else seemed fine.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:45 am

Combat has a much better interface in Inquisition than Origins did, which should help a lot. I can't say it's 100% better, but I'm having a lot more fun here than I did in that game. And you'll be pleased to know that I just got to a snowy area, which seems pretty sizable.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:56 am

I bet it is white and beautiful and that snow crunches as you walk. Snow worlds, always the best.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:36 am

I finished Captain Toad. It is a clever little game. I love games that focus on puzzles and this is a fairly original take on that style of game. If you just buzz through the game, it is pretty short. Though collecting all the doodads will add some playtime. It is a very beautiful game too. 3D World's engine looks great here with these small contained worlds and the character animations are hilarious. And playable Toadette is a plus!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:12 am

Glad you liked it, asking for that one for Christmas along with DKC Tropical Freeze. Can't wait to play them
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:32 am

Online strategy guide that I use to track my progress tells me that I'm 18 missions away from finishing GTA San Andreas. I'm trying to average 3 a day, so if I keep that up I'll be at 18 before Christmas. Good game, but I can't wait to be done with it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 am

volvocrusher wrote:Glad you liked it, asking for that one for Christmas along with DKC Tropical Freeze. Can't wait to play them
It has some control quirks that I wasn't a big fan of, but otherwise it was good.

BretBaber wrote:Online strategy guide that I use to track my progress tells me that I'm 18 missions away from finishing GTA San Andreas.  I'm trying to average 3 a day, so if I keep that up I'll be at 18 before Christmas.  Good game, but I can't wait to be done with it.
You really make something that should be fun sound like work.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 am

It's a really really long game. Not to mention a really big game as well. I started playing this in September I think and have played it pretty regularly. All in all though I really just want to play the new one on Christmas day so it is a race against time.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:
volvocrusher wrote:Glad you liked it, asking for that one for Christmas along with DKC Tropical Freeze. Can't wait to play them
It has some control quirks that I wasn't a big fan of, but otherwise it was good.

BretBaber wrote:Online strategy guide that I use to track my progress tells me that I'm 18 missions away from finishing GTA San Andreas.  I'm trying to average 3 a day, so if I keep that up I'll be at 18 before Christmas.  Good game, but I can't wait to be done with it.
You really make something that should be fun sound like work.

I honestly think a lot of mission-based games like GTA with a laundry list of tasks to be done make themselves feel like work.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:20 pm

I definitely felt that way about Oblivion. It felt like work, not a game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am

I have definitely got into some bits where a game felt like work, but I usually shelved it until I was more into it. Seems like once you get into V, you just wouldn't get back to it though, so I can see where you are coming from.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 am

I can't play two of a similar game style at the same time because I'll always just play the game I enjoy more. San Andreas at the time might have been better than V is now, but my first play through of San Andreas is 10 years after it released and as far as combat goes it doesn't hold up.

Right now I really want Fantasy Life for 3DS, but I know if I get it I won't beat Final Fantasy X-2. Not sure how everyone else is, but I have to set certain rules (not really rules, but I only allow myself to play so many story related games at a time) that I try to abide by. If I just started playing 3 or 4 story games at a time I'd probably only finish 1 or 2 of them.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:48 am

I bought Sunset Overdrive and Dragon Age Inquisition, but since my Xbone is my christmas present they are sitting here NOT being played and sned help
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Eight more missions!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:19 pm

I forgot to mention that I beat New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS yesterday. That game was so easy, I finished with 130 guys left and that's without going back and replaying levels. I know the meat of the game is probably unlocking those other two worlds and getting all of the stars, but I was kind of amazed how easy the game was. The game for the DS didn't seem that easy or short, but it has been probably 7 years since I played that one. Fun game, but like I stated above surprised how short it was. How much better is the 3D Mario game?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 pm

A lot
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Yeah 3D Land is way better. Also NSMB2 is my least favorite NSMB. Both the Wii and Wii U one are much better than it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 pm

So I have 1 mission to go. Get a phone call from my bro Sweet telling me that I need to capture as many territories as possible. Knowing that I'll have to capture some areas before tackling the last mission I go to the strategy guide to see how many, and it says "About 20". 20!? Are you fucking serious? Just reaffirms that this game is WORK!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:04 am

Beat Dragon Age Inquisition. Gonna type a review of it tomorrow for Pixlbit, so look for that sometime soon. Gotta say, it's my GOTY (though Bayo 2 was REALLY close) and finally got me fully invested in the series. I still say it's the weakest of Bioware's franchises, but I'm now really engaged with what's going on.

Also has a mind fuck cliffhanger. Not the kind that irritates you like 2's or Halo 2's for those who didn't play that, but more like a Marvel post credits scene. Feels too big for them to cover in DLC or even an expansion, think we're getting a fourth full DA game. And I've never been more excited for more Dragon Age.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:39 am

Still chipping away at Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon when I get the chance. I thought I was at the end, but it was a fakeout! Got a bit more to go I guess which is fine by me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 am

I bought Fantasy Life so I started that. First 2 hours have been boring, but I think that's because they're holding your hand telling you how to do everything. Sadly with all of the Christmas events coming up probably won't get to play it or anything else too much. 3 more days of Christmas customers, can't wait until I'm done.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:31 am

I beat San Andreas! Now I can play GTA V Christmas Day! Was kind of shocked to see how the final events are similar to what's happening today with police. What I mean is how Tenpenny walks free and everyone starts rioting, kind of similar to Ferguson. Good game, glad I played it. These games age really well minus the combat, but driving around and doing the missions (except for any involving flight or RC toys) are still fun today. Still prefer GTA 3 and Vice City solely on a story merit, but as far as gameplay goes this is definitely the best of the 3. Out of all of them though, I might prefer PSP's Vice City Stories, that was one hell of a game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:38 am

Finishing up some side quests in Dragon Age, which mostly consists of liberating giant bases from the enemies and battling dragons. The dragon battles are fantastic, they all feel so big and epic, then give the best loot. Killed five of the ten so far, two of which I did tonight in the snow area. Both in the ruins of giant coliseums. Awesome.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:42 am

volvocrusher wrote: Killed five of the ten so far, two of which I did tonight in the snow area. Both in the ruins of giant coliseums. Awesome.

I bet it looked amazing.

Started up The Last of Us for PS4 last night. I've only had one play through of the game so it should feel pretty fresh since it has been over a year now. Decided to play on Hard, so any tips you might have Trip I'll be thankful for. This is an early present because Lindsay got a purse I got her early, so this was the early gift I picked.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Sunset Overdrive is like Ratchet and Clank combined with THPS, with a sense of humor like Saints Row 3/4, and holy fuck is it amazing it treats combat like doing tricks in that you fill up a meter by grinding, wall running, kill streaks, combos etc and you get powers based on how full it is, and when it fills up BATSHIT CRAZY MODE which is exactly what it sounds like
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Awesome. Make sure to give us some impressions of the Xbox One around here somewhere when you get the chance.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next