The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Next Gen Consoles

+20
pspiddy
Rainjar
BretBaber
AlexC-25
Nephilimi
Methane_Max
Krubixcube
chocobot
ajapam
Captain N
b.b.hagen
Bannen
avidacridjam
Motinator
TheMatt
TripOpt55
KillaAssassin11
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
24 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Next Gen Consoles - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Gen Consoles

Post by ajapam Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 am

I'm definitely not adapting early. Between a lack of games, high prices, and hardware issues, I see no reason to do so. I already have so much to play

Eventually I'll probably buy end up buying a WiiU and something else. That "something else" will probably be a gaming PC and/or a Ps4
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

I probably won't be an early adopter. I very rarely adopt early until games I like come out. I do have a Wii U, which my wife bought for me, though. I kept on my PS2 long after the PS3 came out, and I expect to do the same with the PS3.

I do own a Wii U which my wife bought for me. I will probably get a PS4 at some point, particularly if Final Fantasy XV ends up being a thing. I think I'll probably skip the next Xbox altogether.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 am

I'm actually looking forward to not getting one right away. Great chance to really enjoy some games I've hardly played
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Wii U is getting Bayonetta 2, and Windwaker HD I'm sold on it. PS4 needs more games though. Doubt I'll get NextBox we'll see.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm definitely getting a Wii U for WWHD. PS4 I see myself picking up at some point for Knack and because Sony makes really good exclusives. I want to say I can ignore the next XBOX, but I really want to play Halo 5 and 6, maybe I should just move in with one of my buds who has one when I get out of the house.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilim Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 am

What's with all this "I'm going to wait" bullshit? Part of new technology is buying it early for way too much money and for almost no benefit.

I will be lining up day one for the ps4.

There is also the irony of not buying a new system because it doesn't have enough games... causing new games to come out much slower because the system hasn't sold very well.

Nephilim

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am

I'm still undecided on getting a PS4 day one or not. I'm weak and just can't seem to resist the excitement of buying a new system. So I'll more than likely end up getting one..

I'm curious what Microsoft has to show but they would really have to wow me to convince me I need an Xbox this time around. It's not exactly impossible but I really don't see it happening.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 am

I wont be early adopting, probably wont be good financially, but also nothing makes me feel like I NEED the PS4 day 1. Looks good just not WOW right now
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 am

haha neph... Honestly though, I think the big 3 should always expect slow sales in the beginning, especially after the whole red ring fiasco. Unless they can provide some huge games right off the bat.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 pm

I would like to buy one day one. But for me it depends how much I'm still playing my PS3/360. I still have a pretty triumphant backlog and nothing will make it more difficult to plow through it and an entirely new system. It's going to be hard to resist through if they come out with some killer launch titles... But I don't think Sony has a game that will make a large group of people feel that they need to jump to the next generation right away until they just stop making games for the PS3 entirely. It's going to be interesting to see what happens come this fall.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Everyone here is thinking so logically and waiting. I feel like an immature child who can't control myself. Oh well, I guess I can talk about how awesome the PS4 is day one with Neph (lol).

Oh but I wish Sony would say if the PS4 is region free or not. It would really crush my heart if it turned out to be region locked after spending nearly a year now learning Japanese, partly so I can import and understand Japanese games. The thought of it just.. Ugh.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm

chocobot wrote: I feel like an immature child who can't control myself.

This is how I feel when I'm alone with you Razz
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Since it took me until 2009 to get my PS3, I don't think I'll be lining up day one either. That's not to say that I'm not interested but I feel like everyone else in that I just don't feel the need to replace my PS3 yet. The same could be said about my Xbox but I'll wait to pass judgement on that.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 pm

I'll be getting a PS4 Day 1 as well in all likelyhood. Unless something happens to convince me otherwise. I've been pretty happy with my PS3 and Vita launch buys.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm going to wait on a PS4 too, I jumped in the HD boat in 2010 and I still see PS3 games I wanna play before I make the jump. Plus there's also alot of 360 games I wanna get too. That and the backlog I have is big and mainly rpgs. And for those games I need to upgrade my 160 gb drive into a bigger one on the PS3.

I also have a Wii U now and that will be my main focus for a while. I wanna see a game that tells me "this is why you need a PS4" I've yet to see a game like that, Drive Club is the only game I found interesting but if I want a racing sim, I'll get Forza 4/Horizon or Grand Turismo 5 XL instead and have roughly the same experience.

And not having backwards compatability is what's making me wait and yes I'm aware of the reasons why it doesn't have it. If it did, I'd gladly trade in my PS3 for the big 4. Till then I'm gonna wait and see what games it has and see if this thing doesn't have hardware issues, I wouldn't want to shell out 500+ bucks for another PS4.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm

I've never been an early adopter for anything (for fuck's sake, I'm the goof who just bought a PS3) so the likelihood is that I'll wait a while to see all this system offers. Right now, it's too soon to tell and we don't have all of the information yet, like all of the game available at launch or soon after, all the services or if certain services will continue.

Also, I have to see what Microsoft offers and I've been loyal to them since Halo 3 came out. And there's no way in hell or the physical universe that we occupy that I can afford both consoles around the same time, let alone either of them. It's all a waiting game at this point but it's fascinating. Besides, like I've mentioned elsewhere, I've got lots of catching up to do. Smile
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 am

All this talk of waiting is making me think the WiiU sales might not actually be that bad. As a group we care enough to log onto forums and talk about video games (mostly Sony games)... I don't know what other demographic they can count on more than us. So if like two thirds of us are out for a day one buy then things will be off to a slow start indeed. It's just such a different climate now then when the last systems were released, both financially (in general) and people's general anger towards the industry.

I fully expect to buy a PS4 with the new Killzone. Set it up downstairs... then go back to playing PS3 for the next year or so. I just want that machine day one.

I decided I have to try and get to PAX again this year even though it's almost impossible for us financially with our trip to DisneyLand. There won't be a year this awesome or exciting for another decade. Hell this could be the last console generation.

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 am

Well, I just think it's cool but not the same huge JUMPS that the other systems were. And a lot of the big franchises that would have convinced us to absolutely get a system eventually (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear etc) are multi console or not really announced yet. So it's definitely a different climate that they're releasing it to.

Not to mention gamers have just grown up...more and more the average age is getting higher which means we dont' have our parents to buy it for us anymore and see how it goes. The main adopters are now grown ass men and women who have to weigh if they really want it or not.

Interesting times...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 pm

This/Last gen whatever you want to call it I was an early adopter (it was the first time I was one since I never really got into games until 06) and i really felt i got burned by it tbh. I got a 360 purely for Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. There were really NO other games i wanted on it for the longest time, and to add to that it was a shitty launch model that ended up RRoDing on me. I spent way too much on the damn thing and barely played it and then the newer not shitty models came and fuck I feel like I should have waited. My PS3 on the other hand I bought that in 08 (along with my PSP) just because I could I had a decent job back then, but still ended up playing my PS2 more. Lastly I got my Wii to play Mario Kart with my family that worked out better tbh.

I just dont want to get the launch models that have NO games and end up exploding on me, when i couldve waited till they get games and actually fucking work. FUCK MICROSOFT FOR THIS!!
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 pm

I've never been an early adopter of a system, the only time I got a system at launch was the 3DS, and look how that turned out, price cut just shortly after it's launch but the early people got 20 free games, and I'm throwing the free term loosely here. So I understand Neph why he wants a PS4, I got a 3DS despite it not having any games worth getting at launch, but the PS4 looks like it will have some good games at launch.

But that's the point, there hasn't been any console with must haves at launch, the only ones I can think of is SMB on the NES and SMW on the SNES. The Wii U didn't look like it had must haves at launch, but the thing is that it depends on the person whos buying the thing.

I wanted a Wii U because I know it will have all the game franchises I grew up with and still enjoy and will get good games eventually. The PS4 will have good games eventually for those who are on the fence. Like I said, it depends on the person who thinks system X or Y is worth getting.

On a side note, Neph, your kids are going to have fun at Disney Land. I haven't been there since I was a kid but when I went as a kid, I had a blast.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 am

Yeah it will be the best week of my life. I actually proposed to my wife in Disney Land... fuck that was like 7 years ago... ughh I'm old now.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:22 am

The ONLY console I"m glad I got early was the PS3 since mine happened to be solid as a rock AND have full backwards compatibility. Awesome
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexC-25 Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:45 am

I was never an early adopter of a console, except for the 3DS which I bought it after the price drop.

I want to get a Wii U in a near future and although I can see the potential of the PS4, I can leave or take it as I prefer to just have one console.
AlexC-25
AlexC-25
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Krubixcube wrote:The ONLY console I"m glad I got early was the PS3 since mine happened to be solid as a rock AND have full backwards compatibility. Awesome

That's the strange thing about the ps3. Normally buying a console at launch means you get the first round of potentially defective hardware and fewer features. Like the launch 360s that had a 60 percent failure rate within a year. 60 freaking percent!!! Within a year!!! Try to rap your mind around that.

On the other hand the ps3 was rock solid and you were rewarded with BC, memory card, 4 usb inputs. The PS3 only lost features from launch.

Whatever anyone does... just don't buy a WiiU.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Most of my college friends who bought 360s at launch had red rings within the first year or so. Pretty inexcusable. My brother bought his in fall '07 and it still works to this day. I bought mine 2 years after and still no problems. Microsoft has the opportunity to prevent RRofD with their next console and while there may be some problems (as there usually are), I think they've learned their lesson. Also, give me more value for my gold subscription, like taking off those fucking ads.

I won't buy a WiiU for a while until the game lineup improves and the system is firmwared to death so the interface works better than it currently/reportedly does. It's the same reason I didn't buy a Wii until early last year. For example, the fact that there was a period where you couldn't run games off of a SD card is tragic.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Anyone have a reaction to the whole always-online stuff that is rumored to be a part of the next Xbox? Figured it might be a good discussion point.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:16 pm

I hope it does. It'll be a foolproof way to keep me from getting a Nextbox for Halo 5 and 6. Between PSN purchases not transferring to PS4 though and that, it's like Sony and MS are trying to keep me from jumping to next gen.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Always online, no sale. I'm already tired of EA and Ubisoft forcing always-on connections without dragging a hardware maker into this. I won't support business practices that treat me like a criminal. Fuck that shit.

At this point, it's PS4/Wii U for me.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Always online is bullshit, I mean hell even Steam has an offline mode. Just seems like they're letting their rampant hatred of pirates get in the way of making a good consumer product.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:51 pm

The next Xbox was going to be the last system I bought next-gen anyway, so it doesn't really bother me in particular. The system will fail miserably if it's always online, though. If Microsoft is so dumb that they won't see that, they deserve to fail.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next