The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+7
ajapam
chocobot
volvocrusher
TheMatt
Krubixcube
pspiddy
avidacridjam
11 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 4 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by ajapam Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:04 am

Watched The Wolf of Wall Street. Is it just me or does this movie legitimately want people to become criminals? It's a fun watch either way. Not sure exactly how I'd rank it among Scorsese's other movies but I can say for sure I enjoyed it more than The Departed

Also finished up the epilogue of Berlin Alexanderplatz which was some of the most bizarre stuff and unsettling stuff I've ever seen. I can't really complain about any one scene in particular since I love weird dream sequences, but they took up like 3/4 of the runtime which was way too much for me at once. It almost broke my brain. Counting it as a movie since the whole miniseries is promoted as one, plus the epilogue is quite a different beast
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 4 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:14 am

I visited Alexanderplatz in real life the summer after the Berlin Wall fell, in 1990. This was part of a trip to Germany that also included both West and East Berlin and the Buchenwald concentration camp.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:08 am

I watched Jon Favreau's new film Chef on VOD last night and it was, among other things, the kind of palette cleanser I needed after the bad taste that Transformers 4 left in my mouth. It's smart, funny, endearing and an effective tribute to the art of creation and the effect of criticism (in both good and bad forms).

It is also a film you should never watch hungry because the display of food preparation made my mouth water over and over again. For example, there's a ham and cheese sandwich that Favreau's character makes for his son so I so desperately want now. Anyway, highly recommended.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:41 pm

I just saw Edge of Tomorrow and lemme tell you: IT'S AMAZING.
I don't care if you're not a big fan of Cruise. If you want an excellent sci-fi/action film with brains and heart, you need to see this.

Trust me. Wink
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:15 am

Agree with avid on this one. That said, Cruise doens't make the movie bad, as always he's OK. But tell me it wouldn't have been better with a better actor in the role.

That said, it's on my wishlist to buy, which means I would definitely watch it again.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:02 am

Tom Cruise is one of those actors for me. Can't really think of any beyond him and Mel Gibson.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:54 am

There are certain actors I don't particularly like, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:35 am

Cruise is better than expected but the film's secret weapon is Emily Blunt.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:48 pm

It's less their performance and more that I can't separate the shit they've done in the real world with the movie I'm watching. A combo of them being too famous and too big of douchebags.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm

The problem with the internet age is how tabloid journalism is unavoidable. I yearn for watching films in my youth, back when I didn't know shit about anyone because it didn't matter.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:10 pm

I try to avoid it to and for the most part will give celebrities the benefit of the doubt when they have shit stories about them, mostly because nobody's perfect. But Cruise and Gibson really go out of their way to make themselves unlikable.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:54 am

pspiddy wrote:
The final act was disappointing Hollywood bullshit, but the rest is pretty awesome.

Ok, we need to have a spoiler thread regarding this or just cloak everything in spoiler text. And I think I know what you're getting at. I actually love the ending.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Agree about the final act of the film, but I think that movie did a lot more right than it did wrong.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Okay, we really need to talk about this. I'm gonna set the both of you straight on this matter. Bring it. Twisted Evil
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:40 pm

B-b-but you're so much better spoken than me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:37 am

Nonsense. I just use big words every now and then.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:30 am

Honestly I'm not sure if I remember the film clearly enough to have an in depth discussion of it in the way you could having just seen it. But I'd still be game for trying!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Because I'm so up to date on movies I just watched X-Men First Class. Definitely a huge step up from the recent wolverine movies and probably the best of the series I've seen so far. I'm a bit confused by diamond chick's powers and Fassbender's accents though

And Hugh Jackman's cameo was hilarious
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Emma Frost's powers are actually pretty simple. She can manipulate minds like Professor X, just not quite to the same degree and also turn her skin into diamond. But she can't use her mind powers if she's using her diamond ones.

I'd rank the X-Men movies overall as DOFP>FC>The Wolverine>2>1>3>XO:W
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Switch The Wolverine and X2 spots and that's where I stand.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, I think I like The Wolverine more than the average person. But it was a good use of the character and had some of the better action scenes in that series. That train fight is my favorite in the series, unless you count Quicksilver's slow mo bit.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:26 pm

I actually liked 3 less than Origins, but that movie is basically my own personal Spider-Man 3. I don't even remember exactly why I hated it so much anymore but I'm not gonna watch it again to find out. I just remember watching it and being so incredibly disappointed by everything I saw.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 pm

ajapam wrote:I actually liked 3 less than Origins, but that movie is basically my own personal Spider-Man 3. I don't even remember exactly why I hated it so much anymore but I'm not gonna watch it again to find out. I just remember watching it and being so incredibly disappointed by everything I saw.

See if you can find your reason among this list

Mutant cure seen as the good side
Cyclops killed off screen
Angel is set up as a huge part in the beginning, then just a cameo
Dark Phoenix looks like hung over Lyndsay Lohan
Kelsey Grammer is Beast and they don't try to give him as much screen time as possible
Halle Berry has more speaking lines than Beast
Nightcrawler was one of the mutants they did the best job with in 2, then they drop him
Too much Wolverine
Juggled two plots about mutant cure and Dark Phoenix, each of which deserved its own movie
Seriously, they got the perfect Wolverine, Magneto, and Professor X and did awesome things with them. Then give us the perfect Beast and did nothing cool with him (I really, really like Beast and Grammer)

And I still say Spider-Man 3 is a pretty good movie.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:03 am

[quote="volvocrusher"]
ajapam wrote:
Cyclops killed off screen
Nightcrawler was one of the mutants they did the best job with in 2, then they drop him

Yup, that explains it. They were two of my favorites at the time, too.

Decided to go all the way and watch DofP today as well. I'm not sure if it was intentionally designed to make everyone forget about 3 but I'll take it. Great movie
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 am

DoFP is the most comic booky movie I've ever seen. Not because of how it was filmed or full of weird shit, but because the reason it was made to undo all the stuff fans hated about the bad movies.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 am

If we redid the superhero movie top 5 it would definitely be in there, along with Caps 2. Need to rewatch both before I can say which is higher.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next