The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 32 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:04 am

That is also a possibility.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:20 am

Hyrule Warriors is about what i expected as in a Musou game built with an actual budget with tons of Zelda fanservice as in its pretty damn amazing. Played through the story and made it to last chapter (Story is 20 hours give or take) One thing i loved about what they did with the story
minor spoilers if you've played Zelda before its kind of obvious but im gonna tag just in case:
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:36 am

I played Fibbage with my family yesterday for about 4 hours. Probably the most fun I've had with a video game all year. I can't recommend it enough... but only if you have a crew of people who you can play couch co-op with. If you don't know what it is, watch this trailer that explains it. We couldn't stop laughing yesterday while we were playing it. Just so much fun.

TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:01 am

Oh man that looks like great fun! I might suggest to to a group of people I do game stuff with on occasion!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 pm

I beat Super Mario 3D World. It was pretty awesome. Looking forward to Captain Toad even more now that I have played those levels in 3D World. They were rather neat and if fleshed out a bit more (rewatching the trailer, I could see some new ideas they are adding already) it could be really cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:52 pm

I'm really looking forward to Captain Toad also. About time the guy got his own game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 am

I recently realized that getting brutally slaughtered in FTL is kind of expected at some point. That made it a lot more fun for me. The whole idea behind this game is the greatest
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:11 am

As you say aja, I think getting wiped out is kind of normal for that game. But it's so enjoyable getting to that point and even having a bad playthrough where you KNOW you're going to get wiped out is kind of fun just seeing how long you can scrape by.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Started up Bioshock Infinite again. This game looks and plays so much better on PC. Enjoying combat so much more this time around. Story's fun to go through again as well, they paid a lot of attention to detail with foreshadowing the twist.

Also makes me realize how much this year sucked so far. Haven't played anything this good and the only things I missed and think could fix that is Dark Souls 2 and maybe Wasteland 2.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:58 am

volvocrusher wrote:Started up Bioshock Infinite again. This game looks and plays so much better on PC. Enjoying combat so much more this time around. Story's fun to go through again as well, they paid a lot of attention to detail with foreshadowing the twist.

Also makes me realize how much this year sucked so far. Haven't played anything this good and the only things I missed and think could fix that is Dark Souls 2 and maybe Wasteland 2.

I've had a good year, but I've done so by roaming through mid-tier games. This year isn't like last year, where Bioshock Infinite started out as one of my three most anticipated games but ended up eighth or ninth on my GOTY list because so many other great games came out. Surprisingly, Koei Tecmo has been my steadiest supplier of games other than Nintendo and Namco this year. On the other hand, I was kind of interested in Destiny early on but at this point I'm probably just going to pass on it completely.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 am

pspiddy wrote:@San: Destiny is basically WoW/SWG/FFXI with Halo mechanics. The negativity the game gets is almost unwarranted considering the game that it is shaping up to be. There's a steep learning curve but actually playing the game opens it up into a whole different beast. I'd advise you to rent it one weekend and jump on with me and Avid to sort of test the waters. It takes more than 20 hours in and finishing the main story to get a grasp around the concept of it.

Hmmm. I might do just that, try a Destiny game night with you guys. Weekends are kind of hairy right now though.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:18 am

volvocrusher wrote:Started up Bioshock Infinite again. This game looks and plays so much better on PC. Enjoying combat so much more this time around. Story's fun to go through again as well, they paid a lot of attention to detail with foreshadowing the twist.

Agreed. One of those years where I'm glad to have a bit of a backlog. I still barely managed to make a dent in it, but at least I beat RE4 and Dark Souls for the first times ever while y'all were playing chump games
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:46 am

SanAndreasX wrote:

I've had a good year, but I've done so by roaming through mid-tier games. This year isn't like last year, where Bioshock Infinite started out as one of my three most anticipated games but ended up eighth or ninth on my GOTY list because so many other great games came out. Surprisingly, Koei Tecmo has been my steadiest supplier of games other than Nintendo and Namco this year. On the other hand, I was kind of interested in Destiny early on but at this point I'm probably just going to pass on it completely.

Actually with exception of The Last of Us, my list 2013 top 10 list here was dominated by mid tier and Nintendo games. GTA V also at the time, but when I got to the heists centered around gunning down police officers then the game expecting me to still think Michael and Franklin were alright guys, that game ended up on my shit list.

Mid tier games have also disappointed me this year as well, Layton vs Wright turning into a Shyamalan movie (not even exaggerating here, it literally copies a twist from one of his bad movies at the end) and Kirby Triple Deluxe nixed some of RtDL's best parts, and . The only game that I beat really satisfied with was South Park, which looking back I actually do like more than BI. If it had leveling like Kotor or Dragon Age with a better difficulty curve it would have been perfect.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:16 am

I'd agree as well. I keep thinking "man, maybe I should look and see what's new. Splurge a little bit." and always find myself shrugging and going back to my backlog.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:14 am

The only games so far this year that stand out in my mind are Drakengard 3 (which is literally my favorite game), Hyrule Warriors, and Tales of Xillia 2.

Lightning Returns is kind of there too, but that game for all the fun i had with it is fairly unmemorable, and one of its main features new game plus and hard mode actually kind of make it worse. It's so much better playing from the start

And i need to actually beat Bravely Default.

I have no doubt Smash and Bayonetta will see their way onto my GOTY list, but really this year has kind of been dry for me. ESPECIALLY with AAA games, but i guess I got Hyrule Warriors, and Drakengard 3 and they do make up for it seeing as they are literally things that i never thought would exist
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm

For me, Mario Kart 8, Xillia 2, and Bravely Default have been the best games. I've also enjoyed Atelier Escha & Logy, One Piece Unlimited World Red, Hyrule Warriors, and Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I'll join in on the list as well, and so far my favorite has been MGS: GZ. Despite how short the game is, it's just such a beautiful executed experience. All of the side-ops give you a lot of content that the short campaign seems to make everyone think is lacking.

I've actually bought very few new games this year, I think I've only bought MGS, infamous, FIFA, and Final Fantasy HD remake.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:29 pm

The presentation is just phenomenal. You play it in one sitting, it's like you're living a movie. My only disappointment is not partaking in that final scene at mother base, there could have been some gameplay added right there.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Definitely not nearly as good as last year for games. My favorites this year so far are Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. Hoping something like Far Cry 4 and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris are good enough to be in the mix at year's end. Loved the TLOU Left Behind and Resogun Heroes DLCs too. Both Infamous games and Watch Dogs were really fun too, but not GotY worthy or anything.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 am

It'll be hard for a game to be better than Ni no Kuni for me personally. I just don't see it happening for a while. Just when I think my love might be fading for RPG games, some J-RPG comes out and blows my mind.

Have we ever done a list for games of the year for the last 20 years? I think we did on 1up, but I might be wrong.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 am

BretBaber wrote:It'll be hard for a game to be better than Ni no Kuni for me personally.  I just don't see it happening for a while.  Just when I think my love might be fading for RPG games, some J-RPG comes out and blows my mind.  

Have we ever done a list for games of the year for the last 20 years?  I think we did on 1up, but I might be wrong.

For me, only about five or so games in my entire lifetime have been better than Ni no Kuni. Don't see anything other than maybe Zelda U that will change that for now.

Yeah, there was a list of lifetime GOTYs somewhere on these boards, but I guess we could do it again for kicks.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:05 am

Mario Kart 8 was great too, but i dont know about GotY worthy. DW8XL was fun as always but the same game i played last year so.

We should make a new list or dig out the old one
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 am

TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:09 am

Necrobump.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:29 am

I am playing Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4 and I am really enjoying it so far. Really fun campaign. Seems like it will be pretty lengthy. Lots of cool weapons, upgrades and tools. Has a nice wide-linear level design. Story isn't too bad so far either.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:58 am

Picked up Rogue Legacy again. This game is so damn addicting.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next