The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 30 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by BretBaber Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:58 pm

thanks for the heads up. i have a chocobo for a commando and i can't imagine much else being better than him since he's a staple of the series. I'll look those characters you mentioned up.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:44 pm

FUCK YOU PERSONA 4 GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I FUCKING HATE VIDEO GAMES AGAIN FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.

Thought I finally got the true ending after all that bollocks where you have to follow a very specific set of dialogue options to unlock last section of the game and doing all that shit, then while I'm flicking through this P4 artbook I just bought because it was starting to grow on me I find out there's an entire fucking LAST LAST LAST boss with MORE MORE MORE story that I didn't get to fucking see. Who the FUCK tells a story like this? I'm so fucking pissed off again, this looks like it'd have been a MUCH cooler last fight.

Fuck Persona 4. This artbook is going to a friend who still likes this pleb shit instead.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 pm

I actually liked the path to the true ending. It was much better than that stupid dialog tree to get out of the bad endings. I had to look up a walkthrough for that part, and the fact that I only ran into one huge spoiler is probably a miracle.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:39 am

Aw, Rainjar. You're adorable.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:28 am

I kind of thought i was just bored with the Ratchet and Clank series since i found ACiT so boring, but i got Into the Nexus and I played uest for Booty while it was downloading, and enjoyed that except for the part where theres like endless waves of pirates on the beach fuck that part. Kind of want to replay Tools of Destruction now. I guess i just dont like ACiT. No matter how hard I try.

but anyways i ended up playing Into the Nexus all day after that, and I really love it. Everything from the new weapons, the upgrades (Zurkon Family is the best thing ever) it controls a lot better the shootings way more fun, but it takes a little getting used to since having to aim while doing platforming things takes sometime to adjust to, but im really impressed with this game. It's easily my favorite in the series. Though its length seems short as expected, but whatever it's still amazing, and also $15 for the rest of the weekend.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:30 pm

That's cool you liked it so much Kay. I think Into the Nexus proves that the North Carolina studio really is capable of making a great Ratchet title. I know Brian was involved in this one, but I think the previous two titles were more held back by concept than the new studio.

I finished Remember Me this morning. The art, world and music really were top-notch stuff. The gameplay had some cool ideas, but was only okay. The traversal is that really forgettable ledge hopping that has become the norm these days. I wish people would look to Sands of Time and Tomb Raider Anniversary when trying to do this style of platforming. We'd all be better for it. The create-a-combo system was a cool idea, but a little too limited. It did grow on me as the game continued and the strategy became a bigger part, but once you set your combos a certain way that is solved too. The memory remixes were pretty great. Really interesting concept. A bit unsettling to do at times, but very neat and a fun little puzzle aspect to the game. Wish there were more of them. The game is like alarmingly linear. I rather enjoy linear games, but with this world, it was a bit disappointing because it just begs to be explored, but you can't. I enjoyed it overall though. I might pick up a cheap copy some day to add to the collection.

Also, I'm really liking Gamefly. I'm a little stingy with buying new games and since I don't trade in anything, I have to be a little choose-y. So it's been fun to play some games that might have been bargain bin only type games. It's a little weird not being able to keep them since I always do typically, but I can always buy them later I figure if I want. I have Bioshock Infinite coming in next. Should be here before Christmas.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:59 pm

I think they are more than capable my only real complaints are the length (but considering its price i can let that slide it's just i like it so much i want more. Hopefully challenge mode and going for the plat will help that) and the damn hooverboot segments. I hate the hoverboots. Though the jetpack segments are great. Turning a dropship into a giant snowman with the winterizer while on jetpack was the greatest thing.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:08 pm

The jetpack was awesome but I wish it had a shift gear kind of thing. Let you go at faster speeds but have less controls. For combat it worked perfectly but I wasn't a fan of the escape the sewer bit. Hope it's in the next Ratchet whether they change it or not.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I always hate parts like that. Escaping raising water levels so you dont drown is one thing games need to stop. That said it was the only jetpack related part i really didnt enjoy. Exploring that jungle planet with it was great.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Postal 2 is the video games.

I went into a corner shop to get people to sign a petition to make a politician play violent video games then accidentally miss-clicked and pulled out my shotgun, which had a cat I stole from the neighbour pushed onto the barrel of the gun. The muslim store clerk, that wore a head garb and a short skirt, reacted to this by pulling out an M16 then started running at me screaming "ALALALALALALA". This then turned into a fight between me, her, and a cop, while people in the store ran around screaming as I used the dedicated piss button to move people out the way.

This actually happened.
Ingame.
Unscripted.

GOTYAYEY.

Krubixcube wrote:Aw, Rainjar. You're adorable.

I just want to enjoy da vidja gaems mayn ;__;.

Keeping the artbook though, it's a sweet ass artbook.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:13 pm

We have this big ass blanket that we sleep with. It's thicker than hell, and traps heat in like an igloo. Sometimes at night when I'm sleeping under it, I get so hot I have nightmares. They're random nightmares, but I'll wake up hotter than hell and confused. After so many nightmares I started to realize it was the blanket that was doing it, trapping in so much heat making me have these crazy nightmares. Why do I bring this up? Well I call the blanket "Nightmare Inducer", and I think it would be a fantastic weapon in the Ratchet and Clank universe. Imagine spraying enemies with the "Nightmare Inducer" and they run around screaming saying things like "Spiders are everywhere, they're everywhere!!!!" I think it would be a hilarious, fun, and fitting weapon for the R and C world. They don't have a weapon like this do they? I've been living with the nightmare inducer for so long I don't know if I created the name or stole it from Ratchet.

If you made a Ratchet weapon, what would it do?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:21 am

Bringing my ps3 to my parents' house was such a smart move. I can play ACIV over the break.

I also bought Tearaway last night. Love it.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:58 pm

My copy of Tearaway will arrive sometime later today according to Amazon. Cant wait to try it out. Until then I'm going to try and play some more Demon's Souls. Should be able to finish it up in the next few days. At the final area but want to go back for some more items I missed first.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 pm

I got Bioshock Infinite today. Hoping to give it a try after MNF, but maybe tomorrow morning if I'm too tired. Still working on Guacamelee too. Has some surprisingly challenging platforming bits. Good game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Last of Us playthrough number three underway. Still love it as much as the first and second playthroughs.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:34 am

Now Playing - Page 30 BcO8XL4CYAABkDc

Took about 20-25 hours. Really enjoyed this game. It's length is really the only real issue i had with it. Would have been so much better with a bit more content. I loved every weapon in it which is pretty rare for me. The Netherfiend, Winterizer and Nightmare Box are my favorite weapons in the R and C series they were so great.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Keep your filthy trophy hunting in the trophy hunting thread *throws cane at you*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:14 pm

No one has a Ratchet weapon idea? You bores.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:40 pm

One that turns enemies into ponies. Wait, that would only make things worse
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:26 am

I've been playing the Last of Us. Really enjoying it, and I don't suck too badly. I can't believe I'm already 48% through; I guess time flies when you're having fun. Should be able to finish it before the end of the break
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:10 am

Reading some of the weapons Kay was talking about makes me think my Nightmare Inducer might be in the game! We will see tomorrow when I boot it up.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:36 am

Got so hooked on Persona 3 last night I actually fell asleep playing it. Eyes slowly closed until I accidentally fell asleep, started having this weird dream then towards the end of it I could start hearing "BABYBABYBABYBABYOHBABYBABYBABY" in the background. Woke up to find my face on the Vita with me being in a battle for 4-5 hours listening to that song in my sleep the entire time. Truly horrifying.

BretBaber wrote:No one has a Ratchet weapon idea?  You bores.  

From what I remember the R&C guns were pretty fucking crazy as it was. I'd be down for a gun that turns people into orange juice though.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Well, I'm full of shit, but those other guys...most definitely. Got some games on steam mostly including Metro: Last Light which I'm digging so far. Other games I got include the new Splinter Cell, FTL (THANKS BRAH), and Outlast. I also got Ni No Kuni for PS3...probably wont start it for a while, but I'm glad i have it!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:23 pm

I ended up getting Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 as a gift. So if anyone wants to we could start a thread to discuss our pirate adventures together. I noticed about four people from here playing it on my friends list recently. I haven't gotten to do much pirate stuff yet, but the map seems really awesome.

I also tried a bit of Bioshock Infinite and the shooting/combat doesn't feel all that good to me so far. World is cool though. Hoping the game grows on me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:53 pm

I recommend playing it in a style that is NOT cautious. Like just blaze in shooting and throwing powers around like it's your birthday. I mean...you shouldn't have to tell someone how to enjoy something but I don't know, maybe that way will get more enjoyment from you?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Also gets better when you get more powers but I'm definitely on the side that the gameplay isn't that great. It has it's moments and Vigors are fun but there are better shooters out there. The games great because of the world and story, not the gameplay.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeah...which makes me hope for a Deus Ex type gameplay in a Bioshock like world. I would literally die and go to heaven.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next