The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 19 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:30 am

Literally considering pirating the ME3 DLC when I get to it because fuck me EA's method of getting shit is ridiculous. Not to mention overpriced. Assholes.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:11 am

EA will price fix that shit for eternity. I'm more considering it as a middle finger to EA more than anything. But knowing me, I will likely buy it. I rarely EVER pirate games (unless it's EMU stuff), but man...I go on bioware's main page to download some stuff for ME1 and it's full of broken links. You even LOOK for the DLC through Origin and you can't find it without breaking your leg. It's a horrible system, and it feels shitty supporting that. And yet, I want to support bioware for the content that I (obviously) want to play. Moral conundrum.

I guess when I see Mass Effect 3 the game itself go from $60 to $20...and I was one of the people that bought it day 1, a loyal customer, and my reward for wanting that extra content is to have to pay $30, which is now more than the value of the 30+ hour game itself to get 5 or 6 hours of content (maybe). That feels like the company is taking my loyalty is spitting in my face. I'm not in the habit of pirating stuff I can buy, even with movies I pirate as a form of rental and will buy when I like something. But as with movies, if a DVD company really botches a release and a better one exists somewhere else...I will pirate that version. I didn't buy the Star Wars trilogy on blu-ray, but I pirated a re-cut version because George Lucas and Fox are giving me the finger.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Trading and battling online is simplified in XY you just click on a persons icon from your bottom screen and select trade/battle its really nice.

Anyways i'm off to buy the last copy of SMTIV within a 60 mile radius of where i live now.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:05 pm

pspiddy wrote:I updated my sig with my friend code. My username is 3-spiddy. No idea when Poke'mon is getting here. The shipping status hasn't changed so I'm about to send in a CSR ticket. Hope to be playing with you guys soon.

My 60gb PS3 came in today so I'm retiring my PS2. So long, good buddy Sad
I love my 60GB PS3. My first 60-gigger died, so I sent mine to Sony to see if they could fix it. And lo and behold, they sent me back a refurbished 60-gigger, looked like new!
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubby Jubbleton McJubson Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:16 pm

I've been playing the original Persona and Persona 3 a lot lately. I feel bad since I bought Kingdom Hearts ReMix and it's just sitting in my PS3 unplayed, unloved.
Jubby Jubbleton McJubson
Jubby Jubbleton McJubson
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:50 am

Happens with me and games on Steam all the time...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Theres a censor for nicknames and stuff now cause of the online stuff and whatnot.

It wouldnt let me do this

Now Playing - Page 19 BWaUrdRCUAA8YxZ

or most of the bad stoner jokes i wanted to name my grass pokomons. Also no more Eeveelutions named My Pussy i has a sad.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm naming mine Volvosaur.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:02 pm

That's bullshit. It should just put a flag on it, say, "If you try to go online with this pokemon it wont let you" and leave it at that. That type of stuff really annoys me. Especially as I'm the 20th century backwards man who will never go online.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Well the game does a lot more than just turning online on and off. You can always check your friends' Pokemon profiles at any time plus when you trade it has the entire PC box open for you, not just your team. And really, that's the better option IMO than restricting nicknames.
You just have to remember that at the end of the day Pokemon is a series for kids and that makes perfect sense in that mindset. It sucks for us, but that doesn't really make it bullshit.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Yeah, I suppose that's a good point. Moreso here, I would admit that I want the new Pokemon here but I'm pretty sure my kids would laugh me out of the room.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 am

I get the censor on pokemon to an extent but i was playing SMTIV an "M" rated game it wouldnt let me name my terminal "Vaginae" or even "V@gin@e" i had to settle for "P3n15" Now thats bullshit, but getting around the censors with "P3n15" is pretty funny though. I will admit

Now Playing - Page 19 BWqgN8RCAAADF51
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:19 am

You know, my memory always placed ME1 ahead of ME2 but having just played through it again...I forgot how much filler bullshit is in ME1 despite its solid story. Also, in ME in general I wish I could just be honest with people. "WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP HIM?" "Sorry dawg, my charm stat wasn't high enough!"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Finished playing MGS2. Really neat, clever game but has quite a lot of flaws.

First of, the obvious problem that everyone knows, the fucking cutscenes. HolyshitKojima, you are making a video game, not making a fucking movie. There was literally a cutscene one corridor after another, it's ridiculous.

In terms of the actual gameplay, the entire tanker environment felt a bit dull the first time round, although I think I'd enjoy it upon a replay with
Spoiler:
Thankfully a lot of the terrible enemy camera placement that plagued the first game is gone. It was perhaps a little too easy, I'd just walk into a room and use the tranq gun to headshot everyone straight away. I'm looking forward to seeing what MGS3 does to change things up.

The boss fights really pale in comparison to the original, although they're certainly not bad, and to be honest MGS1 has a lot of really awesome boss fights that are difficult to top even today. There were some really clever (As well as INSANELY BADASS) sections in the later half though that make up for it I feel.

The best section though was for sure the last few sections, both in terms of gameplay and dialogue. I really liked
Spoiler:

Overall, pretty gud. Knew most of it already but I wanted to see how it all came together. It had the potential to be the Evangelion of video games but its slightly flawed execution with all the FUCKING CUTSCENES really let it down which is really unfortunate.

Now Playing - Page 19 EXMWLQS

Next up, MGS3. I already know the fucking ending, and about some of The Sorrow bossfight godfuckingdamn it.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:55 pm

I have always liked MGS2, but I think MGS3 is a lot better. Enjoy it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:01 pm

So I picked up NBA 2K13. It does a lot of things that are really cool in a sports game, but it pulls the NHL 08 fake difficulty bullshit in literally EVERY GAME.

You were doing well, so your players are useless now! Oh, that ball was literally right in your hands? TOO BAD, THE OTHER TEAM GETS EVERY REBOUND AUTOMATICALLY!
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Same thing happens in FIFA now. Doesn't matter how good I'm doing, the game has to be close so everything goes the computer's way. Pisses me off.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:39 pm

I think you'll like MGS3, Rainjar. I've been playing the HD version on Vita during my work week and I've had a more successful playthrough than I did on the PS2 for some weird reason. I guess taking a nearly decade-long break (playing other games) led me to better understand the menu systems (the cure/camo/food sections) and the gameplay itself. It's not that I didn't admire the game but the difference in gameplay approaches between this and the previous game left me cold somewhat. This time, I've progressed further through the game; I'm pretty sure I'm about to come up on the battle with The End.

As far as cut scenes length, I'm afraid that they're still lengthy in spots. I think the narrative is far more interesting but I've skipped through some of them. Still, as much as I enjoyed MGS2, I'd call this the better game.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm

I think I've cleared up most of the notable stuff in The Stanley Parable now. It's a bit lacking in content but what's there is great
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:09 am

Well, from what I've played so far, MGS3 is really awesome. It feels like a proper stealth game now with the camera position (The previous games camera position and stealth annoyed me a bit just because it makes no fucking sense). The camo system is really neat, same with having to eat food to regain stamina. Both aspects really make a great use of the jungle environment.

The characters are pretty great so far too, way more enjoyable than 2s. It doesn't seem like it's a completely stupid game either, it's still raised and posed a few interesting questions for the characters to get over/maybe for the player to think about.

Judging from it so far, I'll probably end up preferring MGS3 over MGS2. Although MGS2 will probably still end up have the more intelligent dialogue, MGS3 just feels so well executed and right that it's difficult not to love it more thus far.

Another game I just finished playing is The Walking Dead. That game sure is heavy with how it fucks with your emotions. Although none of the scenes were suddenly "OHNOES, I AM CRYING TEARS, I AM CRYING TEARS" in terms of getting an emotional reaction, it all just manages to build up and crush you.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 pm

I've got like 40, but half of them use names different from their own and shit i dont know who they are.

I got Nier dirt cheap and ive been playing a bit of that too. Want to play it cause DRAKENGARD 3 NEXT YEAR. It's not bad, and I LOVE KAINE, but that fishing minigame (which is actually easy) pissed me off so much. I was fishing in the wrong spot and apparently the fish in that spot are impossible to catch with my current rod and stuff. So I screamed at my TV for 40 minutes till i figured out that i should go fish at the red X on my map, and caught what i needed on the first try.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 am

Sounds...engaging?

In addition to Mass Effect 2 I'm also working on Bayonetta. That game is haaaaaaard. Also, Bayonetta has a sexy voice. I looked into the voice actor expecting her to be all old and shit, and no, she's pretty good looking. So there's a good looking woman walking around somewhere with that voice. Kay would be pleased.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Loved Bayonetta. Really excited for the second one.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 pm

NIER's an interesting game. It's not terrible, but it's not amazing as the small following would make it seem. The world is way too small, I remember the gameplay having quite a few problems as well as being really easy, the quests were also very generic and the side things like fishing being mind-numbingly dull.

The story is kinda interesting in a way, I never did get all the endings, but there's just one major part about midway through that ruins the entire thing for me with how stupid it was. (I also found it kinda predictable, which somehow everyone else I spoke to who likes it didn't.) Kaine and Weiss are fucking awesome though and the dialogue between them is hilarious at times. Weiss is probably one of my favourite game characters ever.

The best part of NIER though, without a doubt, is the soundtrack. The multiple albums after the main ones that either remixed it or was just plain piano covers were all very good too. I remember being super hyped for the final remixed OST to come out, still got 'em all downloaded and listen to 'em.

Still need to play Bayonetta. Should probably do that before I replay DMC3, again.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next