The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+18
Rainjar
chocobot
Motinator
TripOpt55
ajapam
BretBaber
Methane_Max
pspiddy
Captain N
Nephilimi
AlexC-25
Krubixcube
Keith_Games
volvocrusher
avidacridjam
b.b.hagen
Bannen
TheMatt
22 posters

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 13 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Based off of the story alone, I never wanted to give Looper a chance. The concept sounded incredibly lame.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 13 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by avidacridjam Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:58 am

Obviously they're doing it to pave the road to an eventual JLA movie but they're a long way off if they're following anything like the Marvel model. They'll need to make films for Wonder Woman, The Flash, maybe give Green Lantern another go and possibly Aquaman.

I'm happy that Man of Steel is getting a sequel but I don't like the idea that they'll have Superman & Batman square off at some point. At Comic Con, Snyder or someone made a reference to The Dark Knight Returns as a hint of what they're going for and to me that sounds wrong for a followup to Man of Steel. The conflict in DKR is its own thing and its creator Frank Miller, for whatever reason, had a hostile opinion of Superman (judging by Dark Knight Strikes Again and All-Star Batman & Robin, he still does).

What it really comes down to is the script and what direction it'll take both in the relationship of those two and how Batman/Bruce Wayne is portrayed overall (that latter is what makes bitching about Affleck pointless, because we don't know anything at this point). I would've preferred a Superman-focused sequel but it may still be that. Again, we don't know anything.

avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 am

You know, to be honest I'm completely uninvested in the news because I think Batman + Superman on screen just isn't going to work in my humble opinion. But Affleck is a very respectable actor with a good jawline so...yeah
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Looper is one of my current favourite movies. I guess I didn't hear that much hype over it in the first place to get me going.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:11 pm

I enjoyed Looper. I'm a fan of Brick and The Brothers Bloom as well so I'm into whatever Rian Johnson makes.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Most of the hype I heard from Looper was from friends. Wasnt a bad movie just seemed like the 2nd half of it didnt quite do it justice.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 am

I liked the second half. It was a nice change of scenery/pace and brought in some of the best characters
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 am

Rewatched the original Tim Burton Batman after years. Jack Nickelson is great as always, but parts of the movie definitely haven't aged well. I enjoy how all the batman villains have gotten such drastically different interpretations over the years. All of the major jokers (Ledger, Nickelson, Hammel) are all excellent for very different reasons.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 am

I felt the same exact way Spiddy. At first I was telling myself it didn't suck it was just disappointing, then I realized that movie did suck. I should have seen Pacific Rim instead.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Did I tell you guys I finally saw the new Star Trek? Well, it was good. Not amazing, but I was very entertained.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Used some of my birthday money to purchase Star Trek Into Darkness on blu-ray, something I wasn't going to do since some assholes at Paramount's home video division thought it would be a good idea to split up the special features and make them exclusive at selected retaliers. They're betting on poor bastards buying multiple copies. Just put everything in the same set, you greedy motherfuckers! You're going to sell copies regardless!

Anyway, Wal-mart was selling combo packs with the previous Star Trek film for $20 so I jumped on it. At least the film is still wonderful and entertaining, with great video and audio quality.

Rented some oldies from Netflix: Chinatown on Blu-ray, which I chose simply to listen to the audio commentary with Robert Towne (screenwriter) and David Fincher. It's a great track; and Chungking Express, which is somehow one of the few Wong Kar Wai films I haven't seen. Enjoyed it, although I may be sick of the song "California Dreamin'".
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Have you seen The Grandmasters yet, avid? One thing I will say about it...it is getting the worst US trailer I have ever seen in my life, holy shit.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 pm

I'd love to but I'm not too happy to find out that the U.S. cut is shorter than the Chinese version by 22 minutes. Thanks, Weinstein Company. It's playing at my local theater right now but I doubt it'll last long past this weekend.

That being said, it's sounds great. Haven't seen the trailer.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm

How intimate would you say your knowledge of Kung Fu is? As in, not just watching a lot of it, but the actual schools and stuff?

And 22 minutes? *facepalm*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:00 am

I didn't know much going in and i got a bit lost, but lost in a way that made me want to read into it more before I watch it again.

You have any recommendations for books on Japanese history by chance?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 am

Any chance I have to deprive you of sleep I will gladly take...also, thank you.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:33 am

I liked it, didn't think it was amazing and some of the jokes were a bit much but I enjoyed it. If it makes you feel better though, man, my favorite film comedy is still Dr. Strangelove
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:51 am

I saw that Amazon had some good warehouse deals on most of the Harry Potter movies except Deathly Hallow part 1 (waiting for that to hit a good deal, hopefully happens between now and when I watch it). Since I loved these movies but never saw either DH part (which ironically was my favorite of the books) I decided to watch one of these movies a week so I can see how they compare back to back. So I'll be posting something on each one here and probably rank them when I'm done.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 am

Downloading Rope! since I haven't seen it. With October approaching anyone have any good horror recommendations that i may not have seen?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:19 pm

pspiddy wrote:Watching Conan the Destroyer on Netflix. The audio is for Serenity. Pretty funny. Subtitles are still Conan. Wonder if it's just on mine or universal. I reset my ps3 and haven't checked it elsewhere, but it's still happening and still hilarious.
This sounds hilarious.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next