The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+18
Rainjar
chocobot
Motinator
TripOpt55
ajapam
BretBaber
Methane_Max
pspiddy
Captain N
Nephilimi
AlexC-25
Krubixcube
Keith_Games
volvocrusher
avidacridjam
b.b.hagen
Bannen
TheMatt
22 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 14 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:07 am

Haha, that's awesome. Gotta love happy mistakes.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 14 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:30 am

I don't gots it but I gots it in my brain because of you...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:51 am

Gonna be perfectly honest with you guys...Rope is pretty great.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Watched my copy of Iron Man 3 over the weekend. Still such a blast.

I want that Peggy Carter show SO BAD.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 am

Stoker, much like My Blueberry Nights has that curse where the style of a particularly stylish asian director comes through but yet something doesn't quite come across in the translation. It's still a pretty cool little movie though. I would recommend it if you're a Park Chan-Wook fan.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:23 am

I watched that movie "Kairo" that Twolf mentioned in the horror films thread. It was an interesting mix of fantastic and incredibly confusing... haha. There were a number of scenes that I really loved, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:23 am

It's part horror, part social commentary, part apocalyptic melodrama. It's a very weird mix of genres. Glad you enjoyed it though!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Just came back from seeing Gravity. People aren't lying about this one. It's fucking amazing.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:19 am

If there's an IMAX theater in your area, I'm told IMAX 3D is the ideal format. I don't have that but regular 3D format was amazing anyway. Just make sure it's 3D. The space debris attacks are astounding.

avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:51 am

Gravity is one of the few films I actually want to watch in 3D. And if any of you have talked to me at all about 3D that is saying something...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:50 am

Rewatched the first Harry Potter. It was good, but not great. Some of the stuff they left out put in some plot holes, especially with Hagrid's dragon. Made it seem so a lot of things just happened. Casting was really great though, especially Hagrid and Dumbledore. Kid actors weren't perfect by any means, but better than usual. A few cheesy stuff also, but did a great job building the world.

Remember liking this a lot at first, but less as the new ones started coming out. Expecting it to be low on the list, like the book. Both are good, but Sorcerer's Stone was always my least favorite book.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:57 am

So...I'm getting the feeling (the vibe, perhaps) that you disliked Man of Steel.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 am

If you do like anime, and can get over the slightly furry premise (yeah, I said it) The Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki (not sure what the English Title is but that's the literal translation) is pretty good. Same director as the exceptional The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and the very good but not as great Summer Wars. Also one of the head directors on Samurai Champloo which is kickass.

If you hate anime and everything in it...then this wont change your mind.

If I'm going to be nitpicky though...and you ALL should know by now that I am, the water in this movie looks fucking awful. It's like they MS Painted some realistic looking water into fairly simply drawn (and I don't mean that as an insult, it's a nice looking style) environments.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 am

Saw a couple of movies Sunday night:

This Is The End

Hilarious send-up of the apocalyptic genre, insightful take on celebrity culture and a touching, sometimes poignant view of friendship and maturity. It even manages to throw some good scares here and there. It even found some room for demon penis (erect and limp), which is more than one can say for most films.

The Devil's Backbone

For some reason I kept overlooking this one, even though I've seen everything else of Del Toro's directing career and even though he considers this to be one of his two best efforts. I suppose I was waiting for the Criterion blu-ray to be available and it was worth the wait: the film looks fantastic and its one of the best ghost stories: creepy, humane and tragic. And like all of Del Toro's Spanish films, the villains are always human beings, never the supernatural, and the one in this case is particularly vile. Great cast, set design and effects and script, especially the latter: I had no idea where the film was going or how far it would take its conflicts. Just well-done all around.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Saw Star Trek: Into Darkness on the plane yesterday. I've never been an old ST fan, I know I'd probably like it, but it's not really something I really want to get into because I had Mass Effect by the time I probably would have checked out ST for sci-fy. But I liked the reboot and thought this one was really good also. Nothing too amazing, just a solid movie from start to finish that had just enough fun action sequences and funny moments to be memorable. If anything,
Spoiler:
(which was awesome by the way) makes me excited for Star Wars because I kept thinking how everything would be better with lightsabers. Though I do think that about pretty much everything.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Pretty much completely agree with that...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Tonight I plan on watching Phantasm, Halloween, and Night of the Living Dead. Night of the Living Dead is currently playing and Barbara is whining like a little bitch.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Still haven't seen the remake. Watched Rosemary's Baby, The Shining and Invasion of the Body Snatchers this week. All great, great movies.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:22 pm

I liked the remake, but was really annoyed with the sprinting zombies.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm a BIG fan of the Romero Dawn of the Dead...so I would definitely have to try and forget it to enjoy the remake as its own thing I think.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 am

I've never watched it but always considered it horror.

Finished Night of the Living Dead and I moved on to Halloween. I think it's funny how much Loomis bosses the cop around.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:34 am

Just finished Halloween and am watching Scream now.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next