by Krubixcube Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:39 pm

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Games You Played in October 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games You Played in October 2015

Post by TripOpt55 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:00 pm

The usual. Give us your thoughts on the games you played and/or finished this past month. Also let us know what you plan to pick up in November.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Games You Played in October 2015

Post by volvocrusher on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:51 am

Metal Gear Solid 5- Best stealth gameplay I've ever seen. Story is disappointing but it stings less when its this much fun. A My review http://www.pixlbwww.pixlbit.com/review/942/metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_review
Life is Strange-Episode 5 really hurt this one for me. Just didn't like it which is especially bad in an episodic game building at a big finale the whole time. Gonna review it more in depth but for now C+
Halo 5- Very disappointed. Campaign was just mediocre, with some downright baffling design choices I'll get into when I review it. But for now, campaign gets a C- while the whole package is a C+. Cause Warzone (basically capturing bases against players with AI enemies running around) is fantastic.
DBZ Extreme Butoden-  DBZ fighting game on 3DS. Neat ideas, but pretty shallow. Think I'm trading it in. D+

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - I went into this thinking this was going to be a Warriors game with Dragon Quest fan service. And while it does have a lot of the elements of a Warriors game, they did flesh it out with a lot of Dragon Quest mechanics. It's my favorite Musou game to date and one of the funnest games I've played this year. A-

Tales of Zestiria - liking the cast of characters and the more open, Dragon Quest VIII-esque world so far. Namco really tried to make this a more seamless experience than past Tales games. This game is great, and I can't wait to see what they do with Tales of Berseria. A

PSN: Super_King666
Nintendo: SanAndreasX
Steam: San_Andreas_X
3DS Friend Code: 2294-5129-1033
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:47 am

The Beginner's Guide - Really enjoyed the story on this one. It gets pretty serious but it manages to stay down to earth for the most part, and it's something I've never seen a game attempt. It kind of makes you want to create your own game. Some of the later level designs in particular are fantastic. The $10 entry fee is a bit steep but my first playthrough was probably the most engaging and affecting gaming I've done all year. A-

Alone in the Dark (1992) - The controls have obviously aged poorly, and the goofy monster designs and Banjo-Kazooie xylophone don't help it as a horror game. Yet, there's something satisfying about it. With the help of numerous saves and an occasional walk-through, it was a neat little run-through a piece of history. Despite it's age you can still get the sense that it was cool and important in it's time. Plus, it feels like a classic haunted house full of traps and curses which I still love for some reason, as silly as it is. Considering it's over 20 years old, I'd give it a B-

Kind of cheated with the latter because I just played it in the past few days, but I figured I might forget about it by the time we do november.

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Just realized I never did this:

Life is Strange Episode 5: My least favorite episode. I like my ending, but it was missing some of the things I liked so much about the game in previous episodes. I still enjoyed the game overall. Episode Grade: B- Overall Grade: B+

Sunset Overdrive: Really like the way this game added challenge to platforming in an open-world. And how it combined traversal and combat. Also has the weapons and humor I covet from an Insomniac game. Grade: B+/A-

Yoshi's Woolly World: Fantastic exploration-based platforming wrapped in an incredibly well-realized and adorable art style. Love the way it constantly keeps you on your toes with new platforming mechanics and level design ideas. Grade: A-

Also replayed the Uncharted games on PS4. I love this series.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:17 am

Wipeout 2048 - finally put some time into this on my Vita. I think I like it better here than on console—it's one of those games that you can never sit close enough to. I like that I can jump into it and do half decent. It would also be really fun to get really good at the tracks and nail every boost. A-
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top