The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Next Gen Consoles

+20
pspiddy
Rainjar
BretBaber
AlexC-25
Nephilimi
Methane_Max
Krubixcube
chocobot
ajapam
Captain N
b.b.hagen
Bannen
avidacridjam
Motinator
TheMatt
TripOpt55
KillaAssassin11
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
24 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Next Gen Consoles - Page 16 Empty Re: Next Gen Consoles

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Haha
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:25 pm

pspiddy wrote:

Then again, you do seem to dig flamboyant dirty birds ; P

uhm....>_>
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Captain N Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:05 pm

I do most of those signatures are just trolls, and it's fucking hilarious.

Except this one I can tell this dumb bitch was being completely serious

Next Gen Consoles - Page 16 BO7omrACIAEEk65
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:41 pm

That is fucking hilarious, I wonder who she is Razz
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:41 pm

^ Sounds like some nice features.

I'm still debating if I want to preorder one or not. Do I want one? Yes, oh yes I do. With planning a wedding coming and funds being an issue, it's something I'm debating if I desperately need. The game that makes me want it above all else is the new Killzone game. I love Killzone. In fact, I think I'm the biggest Killzone supporter on the club. Another problem is the onslaught of great PS3 games still to come. Games like Puppeteer, Final Fantasy X and X-2 in HD, new Ratchet game, GTA V, etc... My PS3 still has so much life left in it. If there wasn't a wedding coming I'd be all over this. Anyone else like me where they want it so bad but don't necessarily need it and have other monetary commitments that are making you question your purchase? The Killzone bundle is once again back on amazon, and I want it so bad, but I just don't know if I should do it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm

There are games I want for it, but there are more games for the PS3 I'm still excited about. It's a dilemma, that's for sure. Plus I got the sweet 20th anniversary edition of Nirvana's In Utero coming out. I'm gonna spend around $200 on those.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:05 pm

I'd be happy to stick with my PS3 another year. Tales of Xillia 2 comes out next year, among other things. But my wife already preordered a PS4 for me. I'll probably get The Order: 1886, but I'm really waiting for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. Hopefully there will be other announcements.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 pm

I originally didn't want a PS4. Then I wanted one just to spite MS. That ended up getting me hyped even though MS changed it. Helps that Killzone is making the exact changes I wanted the series to make.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:30 pm

I have to admit, the launch lineup doesn't have me particularly enthused, but I just sort of want it... so I'll be getting it. I do like the hardware alot. I do really want Watch Dogs (and not the sure to be shit current gen version). The rational part of my mind says I don't need a PS4 at launch, the other part of my mind says "Fuck it who cares, new PlayStation!" Obviously it will pay off in the long run. I definitely don't blame people for waiting especially those planning a wedding.

I also see myself playing the PS3 more for the time being. Though I could see myself buying some launch games that don't excite me much just to be playing the PS4. Hopefully some of them surprise me and are cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:23 am

pspiddy wrote:Killzone does look interesting and Watch Dogs is DEFINITELY to be played on next gen. Fighting the "oooh look a new shiny" is dfficult. It's not that buying on launch is a bad investment, it's what we're all saying about how much awesome is still left in PS3.

Now if there were backwards compatibility I'm sure I speak for everyone here that there would be zero hesitation.
Quoted for truth. As slow as the Wii U's launch has been, that's one good thing it has going for it: I can play the Wii games I haven't finished yet on it. And Earthbound has been a pretty sweet game.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:58 am

I just don't understand why they leave that feature out? I know hardware sales of the PS3 would drop, but software sales would pick up. Plus, they know it's something gamers want. Underneath my TV stand I don't have anymore room for a new system. Would have been nice to take the PS3 out and replace it with a PS4. It's never a deal breaker for me, but I know for others it is.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 am

BretBaber wrote:I just don't understand why they leave that feature out?  I know hardware sales of the PS3 would drop, but software sales would pick up.  Plus, they know it's something gamers want.  Underneath my TV stand I don't have anymore room for a new system.  Would have been nice to take the PS3 out and replace it with a PS4.  It's never a deal breaker for me, but I know for others it is.
Too much difference between the architecture of the PS3's Cell and the x86 processor that will be used in the PS4. Sony would either have to include a Cell and PS3 GPU on the PS4 motherboard - which the first-gen PS3s did with regards to PS2 compatibility, only to have Sony drop that idea for cost-cutting - or include software-based emulation, and that would stress out the PS4's CPU.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 am

I would personally be all for some kind of adapter that would allow backward compatibility with PS1/PS2/PS3 titles on PS4. I'd love to have an all-in-one PlayStation console like I do now with my PS3 60-gigger. Unfortunately, there isn't enough demand for that sort of thing.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:01 am

I get why backwards compatibility is bothering a lot of people, but it's not that much of an issue to me this gen with the PS4. I plan on keeping my PS3 so it's just a matter of shelf and outlet space, which isn't that big of a deal. Still am going to get annoyed when PS3 collections start coming out for PS4 though, but I'm sure I'll buy the Mass Effect one.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Yeah...still gonna hold off a year but there's stuff coming down the pipe that unless my life changes drastically I'll be getting it eventually for sure.

As for MS...I'm still bugged just in my gut. Yeah, they changed stuff, but it doesn't change that they're just backpeddling. It's like if you had a friend who said something to insult you then took it back. Yeah...he took it back but he still had the mindset to say it in the first place. Just says to me that they don't have their customer's best interest in mind, they're just backpeddling in a desperate attempt to still get some money out of the whole thing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:10 pm

I can't really agree with that because it's not like when you find out a friend thinks that way. Video game companies try that shit all the time, but if EA, Ubisoft, or Activision make a game I really want to play, I'll still buy it. The only difference is MS makes a console which is a lot more of a long term investment than an individual game to experiment with that anti-consumer crap.

And honestly, I don't think Sony planned to go the other route the whole time. Reports were saying they didn't decide until a few hours before their conference, I think they were trying to figure out if being customer friendly really would help them more than putting all those restrictions. I'm still going PS4 100% and respect Sony more than MS, but I'm not going to act like this changes my perception of them.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah, I suppose that is true, they're not the only ones to have done shit like this. It's just my integrity meter flashing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:16 pm

However Sony decided to go about this route, I'm glad they did. There isn't anything insidious about it. Sony just saw an opportunity to cozy up to consumers that hated Microsoft's ham-fisted DRM policies and took it. That's one thing I like about competition: it forces companies to see who can make consumers happier. And as a bonus, Sony made MS reconsider some of their uglier practices with regards to the Xbone. I'm still PlayStation all the way, but it's always positive when shit like MS was trying to pull gets soundly rejected by the market. The next generation, they'll probably try to be all-digital and possibly all-cloud. But the tougher the market makes it for them to pull stunts like that, the better for everyone.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Yeah, I get that San Andreas. That's why I respect Sony for going the way they did. But acting like that changes the way I see MS, no I wouldn't put this past either of them. MS could have very easily pretended the Xbox brand was strong enough they could keep these features, but they admitted they weren't a good choice. Sony gets my support for what happened, but I'm not going to boycott MS over trying the same kind of shit EA and Ubisoft would do if they had a console.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next