The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Next Gen Consoles

+20
pspiddy
Rainjar
BretBaber
AlexC-25
Nephilimi
Methane_Max
Krubixcube
chocobot
ajapam
Captain N
b.b.hagen
Bannen
avidacridjam
Motinator
TheMatt
TripOpt55
KillaAssassin11
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
24 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Next Gen Consoles - Page 8 Empty Re: Next Gen Consoles

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

The PS4 will play them that's the only thing I know
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Sony was really vague about the PS4 playing used games so I'm pretty much expecting them to restrict them in some way too. I just don't think Microsoft is stupid enough to do something so drastic without knowing Sony is doing something similar. Either way though, I have to agree with Trip that was possibly the worst console reveal ever. The bad news just slowly leaked out all day and got worse, with Microsoft executives sharing conflicting information. Such a disaster. E3 is going to be really interesting.

Last edited by chocobot on Fri May 24, 2013 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 pm

The whole EA dropping online passes and support from Nintendo is what makes me really worried about the PS4's used games situation. I mean, it just points to EA doing these things because Sony and MS gave them consoles where they wouldn't have to worry about the used market. Just makes me not want to buy either of those systems, if I can't have the option to trade a game I don't want anymore in or buy used, I might as well go for the next best thing with Steam sales.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat May 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Watched the conference today. Absolute fucking disaster. You know you've seriously fucked up when you somehow manage to do even worse than people expected by a country fucking mile. There is absolutely no reason to be even slightly excited about the Xbox One (Also I would just like to point out that that name is fucking stupid beyond all belief).

The entire conference was about TV. Guess what I do when I want to watch TV, MS? I turn off my GAMES CONSOLE and go watch TV because I use my GAMES CONSOLE to PLAY GAMES. Don't get me wrong, having things like being able to watch films and listen to music on a console is really neat but when you get to the stage where your entire conference is about watching TV instead of playing games you've seriously fucked up.

It took them half an hour before they even started talking about any games and that was just about the same sports games they've been releasing for years. So they've announced more of the same sports titles, another Forza, done a half live-action trailer for another game by Remedy that'll probably end up on PC later down the line, and then showed off the latest Cawadoody that was so bad it was infuriating.

This is a bit of a sidestep but I just quickly want to rip into the new Call of Duty. Not only was the whole thing "MURRIKA BEEN HURT AND CRIPPLED FREEDOMS RIP" which is exactly the sort of bullshit that makes people hate that shit-hole of a country, but the way they just played sad music over everything thought that it suddenly meant it was emotional pissed me off to no end. They were fucking blowing their own trumpet so much they were straight up lying. They were boasting about adding features that have been in games SINCE FUCKING FOREVER. Also all their bollocks about how amazing their game looked was hilarious because it still looked absolutely abysmal. Also, they'll kill the dog and your squadmates at the end of it, calling it fucking now. Their shit about having the best fans in the world was so priceless I had to double check I wasn't watching a parody, and they completely forget the main reason their franchise is popular isn't because it's amazing in any decent sense, it's just because it's insanely easy while being the perfect definition of a skinnerbox.

Anyway, back to how MS are the massive cunts. Just compare MS and Sonys conferences. Sony started up with a whole massive montage of VIDEO GAMES. MS started with people sucking MS's dick. Sonys entire conference was focused on VIDEO GAMES. MS's entire conference was focused on television. Sonys conference was packed with VIDEO GAME DEVELOPERS, both big budget and indie. MS's was just marketing men and some dudebros who play sports. That speaks volumes in itself.

The whole preowned games thing is a fucking mess. Not everyone can buy games new, I've had to rely on preowned games a lot for the past couple of years. Even if they got rid of the eeeeeeevil preowned market they'll still be money grabbing shitheads who'll cut content for DLC so there's no fucking benefit to the consumer. Then there's this thing about having to sign on at least once every day you want to play? When will companies learn that that kinda of shit has no benefit to anyone in the slightest. It just pisses consumers off and then companies eventually lose money due to the hatred aimed at them.

The Kinect is a massive pile of shit that has no real use when it comes to video games, and to be honest I don't want to lay down a couple of hundred just so I don't need to do the oh-so difficult task of pressing a fucking button on a controller. They're not making it any better with the Xbox One either. It tracks your heartbeat, your facial expression, the objects in your living room. I'm sorry but I don't want an advanced version of the telescreen from 1984 watching me at all times. Apparently there's even something about how the whole thing will pause and charge you more if there's too many people in a film watching a movie too. Oh by the way, MS has patented achievements for watching TV and movies. Just think about how fucking stupid that is for a second.

Microsoft don't care about video games. It's that simple. The entire conference was filled with going over the same ground using the most vile advertisement language I've ever heard in my entire fucking life.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by b.b.hagen Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

All I really wanted from the PS4 was BC. So fucking lame.
b.b.hagen
b.b.hagen
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm

I have to ask: How many people actually started laughing during the Call of Duty presentation? I know I did

The longer Sony takes to clear up their used game policy, the more I start to think of jumping to PC
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat May 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Was too angry at all the shit they were spewing to laugh. I'm with you on jumping to PC though, although Sony still has a chance to bring us another PS2 golden age.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat May 25, 2013 9:27 pm

According to IGN you need a separate reciever to use TV on the Xbone. Plus, TV will be US only at launch. So basically the one feature that was promoted above everything else isn't included with the console and is innaccessible in almost the entire world at launch

Ridiculous. I've made my decision. Maybe I'll pick it up from the bargain bin in 2020 if the library somehow matches the Ps2. That's assuming I can still connect to the servers to play my games by then
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat May 25, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm too used to consoles to switch to a pc bah. At least the PS4 has games that interest me. I just hope it doesnt need a fucking connection to the internet at all times. I'm more in favor of a used game fee than being spied on to make sure the games we buy are from an "approved" retailer. I'd rather have my money stolen from me than have my own fucking console treat me like a thief.

That said i'm still buying an Xbone if it gets a new Jet Force Gemini because I am insane.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 26, 2013 4:53 am

YEah the used game thing doesn't bug me on a financial standpoint at all (I have a job *fist pump*) but if I buy a physical copy of something I should own that damn game for eternity. All this activation code bullshit just points to shortsightedness that pisses me off something fierce.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun May 26, 2013 7:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI

NEXT GEN TECHNOLOGY GUYS SURELY WE ARE LIVING IN THE FUTURE.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 26, 2013 7:56 am

That would be fun...we should make it happen!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun May 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Krubixcube wrote:YEah the used game thing doesn't bug me on a financial standpoint at all (I have a job *fist pump*) but if I buy a physical copy of something I should own that damn game for eternity. All this activation code bullshit just points to shortsightedness that pisses me off something fierce.

I mostly buy new too, unless i can only find the game used. It's just this whole concept the DRM with the Xbone, just makes me feel like MS is treating us all like thieves and pirates. It makes me infuriated at them. I bought a 360 near launch and really loved the thing at first. Before i even had the thing connected to the internet. Then i got it hooked up Xbox Live a couple of years later, and all its stupid updates, and forcing advertisements and shit on my dashboard pissed me off. Then it Red Ringed. Honesty if i could still have a 360 with the blades on the dashboard I'd use it more those were nice. In short fuck Microsoft they keep doing shit that pushes me further and further away from their products.

And i've said this before the best used games DRM is to lock trophies/achievements behind online passes. Why no one does this is beyond me.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun May 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Just had a thought

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124323-Update-Xbox-One-To-Take-Cut-With-Every-Pre-Owned-Sale?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=all

To me this sounds like a fucking scam. Since you buy the game and install it and dont need the disc afterwards. M$ is trying to get you to trade that shit in so they can continue to make a profit off of it over and over again. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Also 10% less than retail what happens when a game flops like Warfighter did and Gamestops get so many copies of the fucking thing they dont know what to do with them, and how will this affect sales on used games. NO MORE BUY 2 GET ONE FREE.

Well that is of course assuming this is true cause god knows what is true about this bullshit.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun May 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Angry Joe's take on the Xbox One reveal.

SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun May 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Despite some of the incoherent rambling i think he nailed one good point. It's Sony's war to win, and sure they've been watching all this seeing how M$ has been making a fool of themselves. They don't have to do much just offer something better than the Xbox One.

Tbh I think thats what they had in mind. They were waiting to see what to do about used games and stuff until M$ said something. Someone had to go first, and M$ ran right into a fucking wall with it. Sony almost can't fuck this up with all the internet raging over the Xbox One Sony doesn't have to do much to win people over at this point.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Well I bought a Wii U and so did Matt. So they doubled.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon May 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey, I bought the Wii U before the Xbone made the Wii U cool. Well, my wife did, but same difference.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 pm

I actually bought one the day before Xbone made it cool. I can still be a hipster!
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon May 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 27, 2013 5:37 pm

That's honestly all it will take for me to get a PS4 at launch. I just need to know it won't try things that get in the way of my enjoyment. At this rate, I just want to pick one up to spite MS and the Xbox One.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon May 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Same if it doesn't have the DRM shit I'm going out of my way to get one ASAP. Sony's seen the consumer rage we know they have its on them to try and do something about it. Having support from publishers wont help you make money if you dont have consumers.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 27, 2013 5:47 pm

4 U should be the new Wii60
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Heh, the Xbox One made the Wii U sales go up alot in the UK, I guess people said fuck it. And anyone getting a Wii U, Captain_N_TGM is my name on the Wii U. Not sure what we can play on there yet as far as MP is concerned, but once Mario Kart or the rumored Mario/Sonic Racing game comes out, I'll organize the game nights on the Wii U.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next