The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.)

+7
BretBaber
avidacridjam
ajapam
pspiddy
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
TripOpt55
11 posters

Go down

First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.) Empty First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.)

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:53 pm

About half way through the year, so it is time for one of these. I just copied last year's. Answer as many questions as you'd like. You can do lists for any of the questions below that you feel like. Explaining choices is always good. Also feel free to debate choices with other members.

What is your Game of the Year So Far and why? Feel free to make a list if you have played enough games to do so. Maybe give mention to a favorite handheld and downloadable game too if you've played some.

What was the biggest disappointment for you in gaming this year? It could be a game, a part of a game, an announcement and so on.

What is the best game you played for the first time this year that released in a previous year and why?

What are your top five most anticipated games for the rest of 2014?

What was your favorite new movie from this year?

What was your favorite new (music) album from this year? What about favorite song?

What was your favorite TV show that aired this year so far? What about favorite episode?

Anything else from this year so far you want to mention?

Okay that will do it. have at it.

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.) Empty Re: First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.)

Post by TheMatt Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:03 pm

This is pointless. LOL J/K I'll have to think for a while before i post.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.) Empty Re: First Half of 2014 Questionnaire (GotY so far, etc.)

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:30 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:About half way through the year, so it is time for one of these. I just copied last year's. Answer as many questions as you'd like. You can do lists for any of the questions below that you feel like. Explaining choices is always good. Also feel free to debate choices with other members.

What is your Game of the Year So Far and why? Feel free to make a list if you have played enough games to do so. Maybe give mention to a favorite handheld and downloadable game too if you've played some.

Top games so far this year:
Bravely Default (3DS): Nice return to form for Square Enix
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): Looks great and fun as hell.
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3): Yeah, maybe this is cheating a bit, seeing as how this was my 2004 GotY, but an awesome game is an awesome game.
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (PS4)
One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS): This game got pretty poor reviews, and while I could reluctantly see why reviewers might have been turned off by it, I liked it enough to track down the CE. Got me excited for Unlimited World Red on Wii U, anyway. Smile

What was the biggest disappointment for you in gaming this year? It could be a game, a part of a game, an announcement and so on.

I dunno. E3 outside of Nintendo's games? More delays for Final Fantasy XV, maybe? I know that this shouldn't be a surprise, but still.

What is the best game you played for the first time this year that released in a previous year and why?

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. It's probably the best old-school dungeon crawl out there.

1. Tales of Xillia 2
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Hyrule Warriors
4. One Piece: Unlimited World Red
5. Smash Bros. for Wii U[/b]

Pass on this one. I almost never go to the movie theater and don't watch many movies at home unless something really, really grabs me. Since I'm not a fan of superhero movies and such, nothing's grabbing me.

What was your favorite new (music) album from this year? What about favorite song?

Kind of out of the loop here, too. I mostly listen to the thousands of songs I have on my iPhone. By that measure, my favorite new album of the year would be the Tales of Symphonia soundtrack that came with ToS Chronicles' CE, and my favorite song would be "Fighting of the Spirit" from the same. Smile

What was your favorite TV show that aired this year so far? What about favorite episode?

Probably Orange is the New Black.

Okay that will do it. have at it.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ajapam Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm

I... don't think I've played a single 2014 game yet. Wow. Oops
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 am

Unfortunately, I haven't played enough new games aside from Vita indie purchases. On that front, TxK, Fez and Gunslugs have provided plenty of joy.

Bummed that the Vita version of Borderlands 2 didn't turn out well-enough for me to want to purchase it. I predicted some down-grades in the translation but its shortcomings are reportedly so many that I now don't like the idea of having that game on the go.

The PS3 port of Diablo 3 provided so much action-RPG, dungeon-crawling goodness. Blizzard is the best at this kind of game. I'm about to wrap-up the final act on Nightmare mode but I wouldn't be surprised if I go through the game again on the next unlockable difficulty. The Ultimate Evil Edition will be out in 2 months and I can't wait to see what that brings.

1. Destiny
2. Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition
3. Dragon Age: Inquisition
4. Rogue Legacy (Vita)
5. Alien: Isolation

The Lego Movie. We've got a classic on our hands.
HM: The Raid 2. The blu-ray comes out on July 8. I would love it if some of you would see it and come geek out with me about how awesome, for example, that fight scene in the kitchen is.

The War on Drugs' Lost In The Dream is fantastic and well-rounded.
HM: Sun Kil Moon's "Benji", Beck's "Morning Light", Mastodon's "Once More 'Round The Sun"

Favorite song has been "Love Never Felt So Good" by Michael Jackson (the original version). Reminded me why I was so crazy about the King of Pop as a youngster.

True Detective. Brilliant from beginning to end. Even the finale.
HM: Archer was pure fucking comedic insanity. Nothing was crazier or funnier.

The multiple ice/snow storms for the first 3 months was just brutal. May this never happen again for a long time.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 am

I want to say Metal Gear Solid because it is the most fun I had even if it was super short, but it feels cheap.  So I'm going to go with inFamous, even though I'm sure there will be a greater game to come and in the end I'll probably like Metal Gear Solid more.  Final Fantasy X for sure, but that's cheating.  

Metal Gear Solid being so short, despite knowing it would be that short.  I wish they would have added some kind of online component to help.

Probably Tales of Xillia.  I"d have to go back and look at my list to really say this for sure though.  

1.  Fifa 15
2.  Can't really think of any others right now.  I'm kind of tired.

Amazing Spider-Man 2.  All will be beaten by The Hobbit movie though.

I had a lot of good shit to choose from so far.  Three of my favorites released an album....

Conor Oberst's "Upside Down Mountain"
Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence"
Jack White's "Lazaretto"

That's probably my top 3 in that order, but it's still early to see if that order holds up.  Daniel Johns from silverchair is rumored to be releasing a solo album, and let me tell you my cock gets incredibly hard for him, so that'll probably shoot up to number 1 faster than my dick.

Probably  Game of Thrones.  Just started watching the new season of Girls and I really love that show, but I'm only 3 episodes in so far.  Favorite episode might be Mod Edit: "The Lion and the Rose." (As to not spoil anyone who hasn't seen the show yet)  

I got married, so there's that.  I've also been making my own pizza which has turned out really nice.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:00 am

Best tracks are...

Desert Island Questionnaire
Night at Lake Uknown
Artifact #1

The whole album is great though, minus a song called "Kick" which is meh.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 am

1. Titanfall. Just a blast to play, kept me so addicted for a while. The only reason I'm not playing it now is because I want my new PC to be built. I'm over playing games on my laptop.
2. South Park: The Stick of Truth- Gameplay gave a little to be desired (especially with the RPG mechanics), but damn, I've never laughed so hard at a game.
3. Walking Dead Season 2- So far so good. Actually like Clementine more than Lee.
4. MGS Ground Zeroes- Can't wait for Phantom Pain now. And this was definitely worth the cash
5. 3's- Both this and 2048 lost their luster after a while, but once I noticed this let you know what tile was coming next, I enjoyed it a lot more.

How bland 2014 looks compared to 2015.

Dark Souls- Loved exploring its world. Was refreshing to play a bigger game set up like this, no story or hand holding at all.

1. Destiny- Wish I could still play the alpha
2. Pokemon- Fucking Pokemon man. Plus Groudon's finally Ground/Fire
3. Dragon Age: Inquisition- It's Bioware
4. Bayonetta 2- More Bayonetta is always a good thing.
5. Phoenix Wright vs Layton- Replacing Layton puzzles with lame AA investigations=awesome

The Lego fucking Movie- I feel so much better knowing an entire generation of kids will have grown up with this as one of their important movies. Add how fucking hilarious, how well animated it is, how I love every single actor in it, and a billion other things and yeah, this movie was fucking great.

Rick and Morty- I don't even think there's ten episodes, but this is already up there with my all time favorites. So imaginative and hilarious.

Favorite episode's Meeseeks and Destroy. If you haven't seen it yet, go do it now. It's up there with the best of The Simpsons, Futurama, and South Park.

This is the year of Spider-Man for me between ASM2, Miles Morales leading his own super hero team, and Peter Parker rising up from the dead for the....how many times has he done this before again?

Last edited by volvocrusher on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 am

Drakengard 3. Easily my favorite game of this gen and possibly all time. Takes what i loved about the other games in the series and puts them into a game thats actually playable adds some style, and dark humor it's brilliant

i dont honestly know

Digital Devil Saga 2: This game is amazing, i'm still not really understanding why i couldnt get into the first despite trying like 5 times, but the second blows it out of the water. Combat system got an overhaul, and much needed difficulty spike. The story is also really good, and its not afraid to say fuck you to the player

spoiler:

1. Hyrule Warriors
2. Tales of Xillia 2
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Smash 4
5. Bayonetta 1 Wii U (if that doesnt count, uh Dragon Age, maybe)

If i havent seen it its new to me. So Kill Bill Vol 1

Drakengard 3 original soundtrack. Keiichi Okabe is a genius

Kill la Kill. The ending maybe I cried then everyone was naked.

Boobies
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:24 am

No problem pspiddy, it definitely is a great album. When it comes to albums with just his name, it's the best out of the 3. What are your favorite songs?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Luftrausers - I'm pretty sure it's the only game I've played this year. Still awesome though. Wouldn't be surprised if it's my #1 downloadable game at the end of the year

Ps4 price increase. Ugh

Well I played it before... But I didn't beat Dark Souls until this year so I'll say that. One of the best games of the generation

Destiny, The Crew, Alien Isolation, Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4

The Lego Movie. Best CG animated movie since Up

1. To Be Kind - The Swans
2. It's Album Time - Todd Terje
3. Are We There - Sharon Van Etten

Game of Thrones
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Console: Watch Dogs: It isn't a GotY caliber game, but I did think it was great. The hacking and lively world made for an interesting sandbox experience. I hope it can improve in the sequel.

Handheld/Mobile: Threes!: One of the few games I've ever truly loved on my phone. An excellent puzzle game that fits really well on the touch screen.

Honestly I enjoyed The Last of Us Left Behind DLC and the Resogun Survival mode DLC more than anything else new this year.

That I haven't played Mario Kart 8 yet!

God of War II was amazing. I'm so excited that Cory Barlog is back to direct the next God of War (or another game perhaps). That should be fantastic.

1. Far Cry 4
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. LittleBigPlanet 3
4. Ori and the Blind Forest
5. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Might be forgetting something.

The LEGO Movie was awesome. I forgot I'd actually seen another new movie this year until I went and checked, but I loved the Veronica Mars movie too.

Crosses I guess. Nothing has blown me away though from my list. It may be missing some stuff I forgot though.

Game of Thrones is my favorite though not sure if it is the best. It, True Detective, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Orphan Black, Person of Interest, Fargo and Rick and Morty will almost surely be on my year end top ten list.

E3 was so good.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:20 am

So far I'd say Bravely Default, it's the Final Fantasy I've wanted for years. Honorable mentions: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Children of Light

Nothing in particular.

Max Payne 3...haha, no. God no. Probably the new Zelda for the 3DS or Guacamelee.

1. Alien: Isolation
2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
...hmmmmm

I liked Lego movie a lot, but The Grand Budapest Hotel was more my thing. But I've got a lot of catching up on that score yet.

The new Black Keys album was pretty good. But I follow music pretty sporadically and nothing's blown my mind. Soundtrack though...Kaguya Hime soundtrack is so god damn good.

Game of Thrones season 4, Purple Wedding. That's not the name of hte episode but y'all know what I mean.

E3 from a distance did not excite me as much as it did everyone else. Like, there were some cool looking games but nothing blew my mind. I feel bad saying that though, it's like saying that you didn't have Legos as a kid or that you don't like chocolate or something.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 am

Dark Souls 2. Probably not as good as the first Dark Souls but it’s still my favorite game this year so far. Love playing it and can’t wait to see how Bloodborne turns out.

The delay of The Division. I was really looking forward to playing this one. Especially after I realized it was going to be Ubisoft truly moving into the next generation. Kind of felt like Watch Dogs was held back by it being on both generation of consoles even though I still enjoyed. Oh well there is still plenty to look forward to the rest of the year.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Technically it came out this year in NA but it was released last year in Japan on the Vita so I’m going to say it counts. Reminded me of a cross between Phoenix Wright and Virtues Last Reward. Both games I really like so it was only natural that I had fun with this one as well. Didn’t love the ending but still enjoyed is very much.

1. Far Cry 4
2. Destiny
3. No Man’s Sky
4. The Evil Within
5. Danganronpa 2

Finally got into Game of Thrones. Gotta say it lived up to the hype amazingly. I’ll have to think more about what my favorite episode was.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:56 am

Get in the GoT thread with us Killa and be big girly dorky GoT fans with us =D
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Haha. I'll try posting is there. I go in and read all the comments and get a little intimated because you guys have such great critics and articulate things so well that I usually have nothing of importance to add to the conversation.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:47 pm

You must be confusing me with avid =p
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Haha. All of you guys.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:05 pm

Game of Thrones

Lord of the Rings + The Sopranos + Skinemax = Game of Thrones

All three of those ingredients are things I immensely enjoyed in my teenage years.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:46 am

Tits, blood and violence...what's not to like?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down