The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff)

+4
avidacridjam
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
8 posters

Go down

First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff) Empty First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff)

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm

June is about over, so time for one of these. I just copied last year's. Answer as many questions as you'd like. You can do lists for any of the questions below that you feel like. Explaining choices is always good. Also feel free to debate choices with other members.

What is your Game of the Year So Far and why? Feel free to make a list if you have played enough games to do so. Maybe give mention to a favorite handheld and downloadable game too if you've played some.

What was the biggest disappointment for you in gaming this year? It could be a game, a part of a game, an announcement and so on.

What is the best game you played for the first time this year that released in a previous year and why?

What are your top five most anticipated games for the rest of 2015?

What was your favorite new movie from this year?

What was your favorite new (music) album from this year? What about favorite song?

What was your favorite TV show that aired this year so far? What about favorite episode?

Anything else from this year so far you want to mention?

Okay go for it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff) Empty Re: First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff)

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:03 am

TripOpt55 wrote:June is about over, so time for one of these. I just copied last year's. Answer as many questions as you'd like. You can do lists for any of the questions below that you feel like. Explaining choices is always good. Also feel free to debate choices with other members.

What is your Game of the Year So Far and why? Feel free to make a list if you have played enough games to do so. Maybe give mention to a favorite handheld and downloadable game too if you've played some.
Arkham Knight gets GOTY. I'd put Bloodborne and Ori and the Blind Forest as runners up, though feel like I may be forgetting something there. Codename STEAM would get handheld and Ori and the Blind Forest would get DLC.

What was the biggest disappointment for you in gaming this year? It could be a game, a part of a game, an announcement and so on.
Gamergate is still a thing

What is the best game you played for the first time this year that released in a previous year and why?
I played most of Dark Souls and Super Metroid even though I didn't beat them, so I'll go with Metroid Prime 2. But DS and SM beat that out.

1. Metal Gear Solid 5
2. Fallout 4
3. Rare Replay (SHUT UP, I'M COUNTING IT!)
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Halo 5: Guardians (though I'm a lot less excited after the no co-op announcement)

KUNG FURY!!!!!!!

What was your favorite TV show that aired this year so far? What about favorite episode?
Favorite show: The Flash
Favorite episode: The Bob's Burgers season finale (forget the name)
Favorite character (adding this in): Captain Holt from Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The game lineup this year now looks a lot lamer than it did at the beginning

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff) Empty Re: First Half of 2015 Questionnaire (GotY so far and stuff)

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 am

Life is Strange actually. It's been a while since I sat down and just got sucked in by a game, and especially a game that is very hit and miss with me.

1. Persona 5 (if it comes to NA this year)
2. Metal Gear Solid V
3. Batman: Arkham Knight (for me)

There is probably more...and now that I"m earning money again I can actually play stuff!

Mad Max: Fury Road

What was your favorite new (music) album from this year? What about favorite song?
Muse - Drones - yeah, I know it's not technically better but i still like them and I'm a fan and I can't help it. Second place is between the new Florence + the Machine and Father John Misty.

Game of Thrones Season 5.

This year's E3 was actually amazing. Usually E3 is mostly miss with me but it was just "Final- Metal Gea- SOUTH PARK...PESONA...THE LAST OF US?!?!! AHHHHHHHHH"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 am

Until I get to Batman: Arkham Knight (which will be a week or two from now), I'd say Bloodborne. It's kicked my ass like no other and I haven't had much experience with the Souls games but I kept coming back to it. I plan to buy it next month. So oppressive yet so beautifully wrought.

Any news concerning Destiny content continues to elude my interest as well as keep me from revisiting it. I don't think Bungie has any idea how to make a game like this (or how to keep producing content that would bring in new players or reign back in old ones) yet I know friends who keep playing it. It's baffling; last year, I was a big champion of this game. For the greater part of this year, I feel so indifferent.

I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. I started it up 2 weeks ago and I'm truly drawn to it. I'm only level 8 and there's so much I have yet to understand but its such a big, beautiful, effectively realized world that I keep coming to it every night, exploring a little more, getting some stuff done. I'm really taken by this world and its mythology. I'm hoping it doesn't monopolize my time enough to keep me from playing other games.

1. Batman: Arkham Knight
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
3. Fallout 4
4. Just Cause 3
5. Star Wars Battlefront

Mad Max: Fury Road. It's not just a great action film; it's a genuinely great film period. Not just for its spectacle but also for its brains and its soul and its sense of humor. It's also kind of a film we need right now because it reminds us that in the worst scenarios, the only way life improves is when men and women work together.

Aside from Junkie XL's score for Mad Max: Fury Road and Incubus' new EP, I haven't listened to much new music. Ought to remedy that. Sun Kil Moon has a new album out so I'm going after that soon.

Justified's sixth and final season was virtually flawless: a love letter to Elmore Leonard and a riveting wrap-up to all the crazy that inhabits Harlan, Kentucky. It also makes up for the lackluster previous season (not without its merits). Great villainous turns by Sam Elliot, Mary Steenburgen, Garrett Dillahunt and Johnathan Tucker. Memorable wild card performances by Jeff Fahey and Jolene Carter (who's Eva Crowder had her best arc since the first season). But its all about Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins and their respectful but deadly dance of death ("We dug coal together.") I'll miss these characters and the writing.

Episode? It's finale, "The Promise" was satisfying on many levels. I'm still kinda floored by the fact that it wraps up its conflicts by the halfway point and leaves the rest to an epilogue. Also, what a badass quickdraw.

HM: Netflix's Daredevil, current season of Hannibal.

The Rolling Stones concert I was at last weekend (at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City) was one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. In their 70s, these geezers still put on the best of shows.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 am

Wow a Rolling Stones concert at Arrowhead sounds awesome!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Okay here are mine:

At the moment I can't really decide between Batman: Arkham Knight and Life is Strange. They are really the only games I've loved this year so far, so I will cop out on choosing between them for now. Batman is a super fun Batman game. More my kind of game than Life is Strange, but that is kind of why I'm so impressed with LiS. I never really got the appeal of Telltale's new style of adventure games. Same with other similar games, but Life is Strange finally makes that style of game work for me.

All the delays. I mean better a game get delayed than come out poorly in some way, but it just felt like every game I was super excited about got delayed. Between not really digging many new releases so far and how lackluster the rest of the year looks for me, it just doesn't seem to be a great gaming year for me.

For a specific game, I'd pick Dying Light. I wasn't really excited, then a bunch of the impressions were really positive and I got excited. All the people that said Mirror's Edge needs to learn from it are just the worst... ugh. And the combat was pretty shit.

I guess Valiant Hearts: The Great War. The story and art were incredible and it had some fairly fun puzzles. Saints Row IV was a ton of fun too.

I'll throw these six out here:
Uncharted Collection
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rock Band 4
Yoshi’s Woolly World
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Super Mario Maker

Haven't seen any new ones yet!

Florence and the Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful is definitely my favorite so far. I also enjoyed Waxahatchee's new album a lot. I'm always a little behind on this so have been looking at midyear lists to try and catch up on stuff. Maybe I will put a nicer list up in the music thread once I have checked out more.

The best was probably Black Sails. A really fantastic pirate show on Starz. Great characters, great action and one really magnificent twist that really stuck with me. It managed to catch me off guard and make complete sense in hindsight. Big improvement for the show over its first year too.

Having said that I think iZombie is the show I enjoyed the most. Sometimes a show is just your kind of show and that is the case with me and iZombie. The witty dialogue, the great lead performance, the unique premise. I love it.

I could probably pick one of a few Black Sails episodes for best episode, but I will go with Game of Thrones "Hardhome."
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 pm

@Volvo — I love Captain Holt! I think he's the closest to what I'd be if I was in a comedy so I'm trying to learn from him, haha.

So the only game I've bought from this year is Tiltagon for my iPhone... pretty sad. But it's a fun mobile game and the only one I use since I reset my phone!

I will be disappointed if they don't announce a 1 Tb PS4 soon.

God of War. This is once of the very few games I spent time on last semester. I got through the majority of it during school which surprised me. I was obviously having fun, because the time flew.

Saw Pitch Perfect 2 with my sister. Lots of good laughs.

I've been listening to the new Drake thing a little. Saw Ed Sheeran in concert and he did Know Yourself, so that was awesome.

I've been watching Rookie Blue with my mum and sister. I can't watch the other crappy cop shows after this.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:51 am

I haven't played too many new games this year, mainly been playing older games. The only one that comes to mind is Final Fantasy Type-0, but I'm almost 100% positive it won't be my favorite game come end of the year.

Final Fantasy VII Remake being playable on X-Box One. The old Final Fantasy VII was the game I looked at as my personal symbol of Sony, so I'm sad to see these characters go to another system. For me personally, it's like Mario going to Sony to big Nintendo lovers.

Dragon Quest 2 and Guacamelee. The later just made you want to keep playing.

1. Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain
2. Tearaway so more people can experience this fantastic game
3. Uncharted Collection so I can replay some of my favorites again
4. Rockband 4
5. Dragon Quest VII if it is ever coming to the states

Montage of Heck, the Kurt Cobain documentary on HBO. It shouldn't be a secret that I'm a big Nirvana fan, and this was a spot on film. Only complaints are lack of Dave Grohl interviews and weird kissy scenes with Courtney Love that I felt were to private to show.

Runners up - Entourage and Jurassic World.

Daniel Johns album Talk. He's the singer/songwriter from the band silverchair, and he now is a solo artist. Even though it is completely different musically, at its core it is still vintage Johnsy. Preach is my favorite from the album, and I find it hard to believe an album can top this one for me this year.

Girls. I fucking love this show.

Nope.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:39 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:
I think the only new game I've played is Project Cars. It's fun, but won't be my GOTY at the end of the year unless lots of games disappoint

The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, and FF7 HD are all official and still no word on Half-Life 3

I think I first played Mario Kart 8 and SM3DW this year, so those. I don't always love those series but these two games are so great

1. MGSV: Phantom Pain
2. Persona 5
3. Just Cause 3
4. Fallout 4
5. Star Wars Battlefront... maybe

I'm also not super excited for it yet but I hope Rock Band 4 is good.

Mad Max Fury Road
HM: It Follows

Don't know about album. I want to like the new Kendrick Lamar but I can't get past popular rap personas. I don't want to hear how great people think they are
Favorite song is Loud Places - Jamie XX or Let It Happen - Tame Impala

All I watch is GoT
"Hardhome" was the best episode

Vanilla yogurt is still the best yogurt

ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:47 pm

That depends Aja, are you talking Greek or regular yogurt? Because I agree completely on vanilla but Greek needs some kind of fruit jam to be tolerable
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Well, greek yogurt is strange
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:13 pm

1. Ori and the Blind Forest (spectacular game. Loved every second of it)

2. Batman Arkham Knight (just finished the main story this morning. So much fun!)

3. The Witcher 3 (haven't finished it yet... but its amazing and could climb up the list)

4. Life is Strange (putting those Telltale games to shame!)

5. Puzzle and Dragons Z Super Mario Edition (really fun match 3 with a Mario twist!)

Mortal Kombat X. Just didn't do it for me like MK9 did. I should really give it another chance.

Forza Horizon 2. Solid racing game that blends sim and arcade just the way I like it.

1. Persona 5 (Holiday 2015: Believe)
2. MGS V
3. Fallout 4
4. Rock Band 4
5. Rare Replay

Furious 7

Haven't gotten into any new music this year.

I really liked the Justified final season and its finale.

I wish I had more time to play games!!!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down