The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Random Industry Discussion Thread

+10
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
ajapam
Rainjar
Captain N
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
Krubixcube
Nephilimi
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Random Industry Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Industry Discussion Thread

Post by Bannen Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Kayshire Cat wrote:What should we wear? ^_^
Clearly something in Codependent Crimson...
Bannen
Bannen
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

Back to top Go down

Random Industry Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Industry Discussion Thread

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed May 01, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm crying
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Kayshire Cat wrote:What should we wear? ^_^
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm

I'll wear a Batman costume and look so awesome.

And to keep the dicussion up, apparently SEGA and Gearbox is being sued for the false advertisement of the Aliens game. Full story: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/01/gearbox-sega-sued-over-aliens-colonial-marines?abthid=51817a1d8bd003bd6400000c
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 am

Glad they're getting sued. I'm still surprised SEGA hasn't sued Gearbox for millions yet, didn't Gearbox use all of the money SEGA gave them for A:CM on SkinnerboxLands2?
Rainjar
Rainjar

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu May 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Rainjar wrote:Glad they're getting sued. I'm still surprised SEGA hasn't sued Gearbox for millions yet, didn't Gearbox use all of the money SEGA gave them for A:CM on SkinnerboxLands2?

Yes, Gearbox used all the money Sega gave them for Aliens, but GB used it on the Borderlands games. I heard that they used it on both, so in a way, since it was Sega's money, the Borderlands games belong to Sega. But I mean did Sega ever bother to check up on Gearbox?
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Not by the sounds of it. If they did GB must have bullshitted them completely or Sega just went along with it. Doesn't matter either way, I can't remember the last time either of them made a good game.

I'm still butthurt about Valkyria Chronicles, Sega.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon May 06, 2013 4:45 am

I said I wouldn't come back to this thread but now that it seems on topic so...yeah. You know what's bugged me lately? I keep seeing all these articles like "maybe (insert name here) studio that made awesome games 10 years ago will make a comeback in the next gen!". Which, color me cynical, but I don't get why people want that. Studios are made up of people, and yeah, when they made those games they probably had lots of talented people but those people either moved on or lost it, so why do people so desperately want them back?

To be specific, I saw the argument for Rare making a comeback. Rare was great...in the SNES and N64 years. They haven't done anything useful since then, why do people keep thinking they're somehow going to revive themselves?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Rainjar Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 am

Can't offer much than saying I agree. It's like how pretty much all the important people who made the first Mass Effect had left by the third one. Can't just go by studio names, gotta have the figureheads.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 am

Great points with terrible examples. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Mass Effect 3 were both amazing games. When I see this Eternal Darkness kick starter with Silicon Nights though, I'm wondering why people are excited. Too Human and X-Men Destiny weren't just misguided games with a lot of potential, they were terrible in every single way imaginable. I don't trust these guys with anything, especially a sequel to the best survival horror game ever
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm

This could a crowdfunding for Alice 3, and I'd still stay the fuck away from it. If any kickstarter says they wont refund your money even if nothing gets made all im reading is "IT'S A FUCKING SCAM!."
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Mon May 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Have to agree that Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was a great and creative game as much as I would have preferred a platformer instead. And this might be a really unpopular opinion, but Viva Piñata was really cool too. So yeah, Rare might actually still have potential.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Even Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata were 2008 though. And it's not like those have been surrounded by other gems. Sure maybe if they didn't get put on Kinect/Avatar duties they might have made something else cool, but it is tough to say.

Also I think I speak for everyone when I say the original Banjo game is pretty forgettable.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm

That's why I just wouldn't dismiss Rare immediately though. The last games before MS got weird with them were both great, so it's not like they were nothing but a shadow of their former selves after the N64 days. Who knows though, maybe the years they've been doing all these other things have destroyed them though. I'm all for a comeback though just because of how good Nuts and Bolts was, hell, I'd even say it was better than anything they made for the N64.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm

If Rare did announce a new Banjo Kazooie or something new and interesting like Viva Piñata I wouldn't count it out just because their past few games were Kinect garbage. It just doesn't seem like they've had a chance to makes something really cool thanks to Microsoft. Who knows if they'll actually get that opportunity though. I'm not exactly hopeful for a comeback but I don't think it's impossible.

I can't really comment on the original Banjo game since I haven't played it since I was a kid, but dammit I loved that game. I probably should avoid playing it again so I won't ruin those fond memories.
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon May 06, 2013 5:32 pm

I have Banjo-Tooie on XBLA and i think that still holds up decently (might just be the nostalgia talking though) I think the first one is still good too though 2 was so much better than the first one.

Also speaking of Rare I really need an XBLA of Jet Force Gemini god I miss that game should try and see if my N64 still works and hunt down a copy.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 06, 2013 6:11 pm

I was told The Banjo games were great platformers. Then I played the original on XBLA and never got to the great platforming parts... because they don't exist...

Honestly I played it way after the fact so might have just missed the boat on it. It was more of an adventure collectathon type game though. The platforming didn't really do much for me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 am

Yeah, I mean there are platforming bits in Banjo Kazooie in a sense that you have to jump sometimes... but its really a collectathon like you said, Trip. Like most N64 games, that is definitely one that aged poorly. I tried playing it a few months ago and I couldn't even get 2 hours into it. But I sure did enjoy it back when it was new.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue May 07, 2013 2:49 pm

So EA's going to be publishing Star Wars games for a while. Was disappointed at first until I heard Visceral, DICE, and (most importantly) Bioware would be developing them. I'm hoping for Kotor 3 or Kotor HD Collection.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Tue May 07, 2013 3:38 pm

If Bioware finally makes Kotor 3 I will cry tears of joy, like I seriously think I wouldn't be able to hold them back. I don't want an HD collection as much though since playing Kotor 2 with the restoration mod. It would feel so lame playing Kotor 2 without that now. But I know I'd just buy it anyway :/

I really have no idea what the other two developers are going to do. I kind of don't care at this point yet. I could see DICE making Battlefront or something like it though.
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue May 07, 2013 3:49 pm

In a perfect world they'd just finish Kotor 2 for the collection, but I have a hard time seeing that happening. That game is still the reason I had no issues with Mass Effect 3's Extended Cut because I spent seven years before it waiting for the same thing to happen to that game. Kotor 1 would definitely be great to have on a console again. I prefer the console interface to the PC one, but the 360 does a terrible job emulating that game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3