The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Music Bracket Of Doom/Song List (Last Round 3 vote before Quarter Finals!)

+12
AlexC-25
BretBaber
Toomanywires
TheMatt
Miraculous Kaydybug
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Captain N
ajapam
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
Krubixcube
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Music Bracket Of Doom/Song List (Last Round 3 vote before Quarter Finals!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Bracket Of Doom/Song List (Last Round 3 vote before Quarter Finals!)

Post by Krubixcube Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:28 am

I expect a basket of cookies very soon...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Music Bracket Of Doom/Song List (Last Round 3 vote before Quarter Finals!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Bracket Of Doom/Song List (Last Round 3 vote before Quarter Finals!)

Post by Nephilimi Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Probably no chance I could still jump in eh? If not no worries. My fault for being late to the party.

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Voted on all catergories, but not telling which ones. Though I'll let you know something, it's thanks to me that one of the match-ups got a tie Very Happy
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Nephilimi wrote:Probably no chance I could still jump in eh? If not no worries. My fault for being late to the party.

No. But next time, get in there for sure. And vote. I demand it!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Next bouts of voting will go up later today (when I inevitably get bored at work), so keep a look out but every poll is up for 3 days so don't rush it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 am

I've been putting together a Spotify playlist for the songs I could find on there as I go through each matchup. Once I get all them in there I will share it with whoever would like it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:43 am

This is getting confusing. Any easy way to tell which ones I've voted on?

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:25 am

Unfortunately you'll just haveto go down the list. The choice will show up only on ones you haven't voted on. When the polls are finished and have reached their time limit I'll move the threads to another subfolder.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 am

Neph: If it helps I'll start updating the first page to say which Match Ups are imminently shutting down.

Sorry I've been updating this bitch so much but with spring break on and NO one else off and my paycheck not coming until next Sunday I literally have nothing better to do.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Is there a reason you are jumping around with the matchups and not just doing them alphabetically by match name? Like it would have been easier if you'd just have numbered them 1-30 or A-Z and went in order because then people could have just went through in order and remembered where they left off maybe.

I wish I wouldn't have taken the obscure thing so seriously. When looking at certain genres, I leaned towards what I thought people hadn't heard. Meanwhile I see Queen and Stevie Wonder. And here I was worried about putting Metric in... haha.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 pm

hey, I didn't say obscure, I just said stuff you THINK people might not have heard. Not artists, just songs. =p

I'm doing the lettering because that's how it's been lettered in the bracket and I'm going from either end of the bracket. It may be easier but DEAL WITH IT!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Where did I get the obscure thing from... Haha. I pretty much just listen to whole albums and since I knew people here have listened to Metric, I figured they did the same. So people would have heard whatever I picked. Not that it matters much. I still enjoy my picks.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 pm

There was a post in the rules that said "don't go to the depths of obscurity" so maybe you just read the opposite meaning in there?

But no worries, your picks are good and if everyone enjoys this I plan on doing it again.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:11 am

Well obviously I know what that means, but maybe that is why the word is in my head. I think I just took the whole try and find something people haven't heard too far I guess. I also stand by that people know that Queen song!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexC-25 Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:05 am

TripOpt55 wrote:Well obviously I know what that means, but maybe that is why the word is in my head. I think I just took the whole try and find something people haven't heard too far I guess. I also stand by that people know that Queen song!

..... I didn't.
AlexC-25
AlexC-25
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 am

AlexC-25 wrote:
TripOpt55 wrote:Well obviously I know what that means, but maybe that is why the word is in my head. I think I just took the whole try and find something people haven't heard too far I guess. I also stand by that people know that Queen song!

..... I didn't.
Are you the type that just listens to the hits off an album? I guess if I like a track I will usually check out the whole album. Or if I like a band, I will dig into their whole discography. Doesn't everyone do this? Has the ability to stream music spoiled me in this manner?

(Also I'm sure some people have heard some of mine too, so I'm mostly just being a dick... haha)
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 am

I just had a couple of Queen's greatest hits cds and I've actually never heard that song before.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexC-25 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 am

TripOpt55 wrote:
AlexC-25 wrote:

..... I didn't.
Are you the type that just listens to the hits off an album? I guess if I like a track I will usually check out the whole album. Or if I like a band, I will dig into their whole discography. Doesn't everyone do this? Has the ability to stream music spoiled me in this manner?

(Also I'm sure some people have heard some of mine too, so I'm mostly just being a dick... haha)

A bit. When I want to check a band or musician, I usually start with the singles or more known songs and if I like the band a lot, I check more songs and see if I can get one of their albums. The thing is that where I live, while not outrageously expensive, CDs are a bit pricey and the only times I can get CDs are when I have a lot of money in my hands (which only happens few times) or I can get them from Amazon. Because of that, i'm considering trying the digital way, but atleast for free and without resorting to piracy or Youtube.
AlexC-25
AlexC-25
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:45 am

Would we do an actual favorite songs pool at some point? Since this one is more about opening people's minds to new music?

I know I can check every bracket Twolf to see if I've voted but it's a huge pain now that there's like 15 or whatever. Just pull like ten to archives then pop a new ten in there.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 am

I'm planning on doing something similar next time. I'll take off the "people maybe haven't heard" rule as it seems to be tripping people up, but I will absolutely keep the no same artist, no same genre rule.

It's my contest, you can hate the dictator as you please...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 am

I don't like the idea of a dictator that isn't me or Matt. Trip too I guess but he's too nice to be a dictator.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 pm

I know ties have already been broken, but I am always a fan of a committee of people named Matt. There's at least three on here. And the three I know of a fine gentlemen. I'm sure we could break ties better than a coin. You could go as far as to say... we have the touch.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Are you suggesting that YOU break the ties? That hardly seems impartial =p

I was thinking of doing stupid estimation things...things that HAD to be guessed between the two tied people but then that didn't explain how to do it when my own song was tied. COIN TOSS IT IS!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:10 pm

I was just suggesting awesome people named Matt... Me, Trip, toomanywires... countless others who go unidentified.

I was kidding... kinda...
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 pm

I could just go full out batshit and find a pidgeon, label 2 pieces of bread and throw them in opposite directions and see what happens.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Toomanywires Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:21 am

TheMatt wrote:I was just suggesting awesome people named Matt... Me, Trip, toomanywires... countless others who go unidentified.

I was kidding... kinda...

I can't see any other way of doing it.
Toomanywires
Toomanywires
Sand Thrower

http://www.toomanywires.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 am

Toomanywires wrote:I can't see any other way of doing it.

Right? These non-Matt's just don't get it.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am

As a Matt myself, I'd be OK with this reasoning.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Well, it is decided...

TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next