The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 23 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by ajapam Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:02 am

Picked up Majora's Mask 3D again. I don't know why but they completely changed the water temple boss. He used to be kind of annoying but intimidating, now he's just stupidly easy but more annoying.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 am

volvocrusher wrote:The thing with that spoiler though Kay is
Spoiler:

Well...but it's more complicated than that (in my mind, ha):

Spoiler:
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:26 pm

I branded those fuck faces. White hand of Saruman? How about the white dick of Bret taking up a measly 2 inches of your orc forehead? Fuckers.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:57 pm

ajapam wrote:Picked up Majora's Mask 3D again. I don't know why but they completely changed the water temple boss. He used to be kind of annoying but intimidating, now he's just stupidly easy but more annoying.

I heard they made the Water Temple itself much less annoying, is that true? The Water Temple sucked in the original, though not as bad as the one in Ocarina of Time.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:00 pm

I don't remember the water temple well enough to compare. I did notice that they added some fake bars in the room with the currents to show which halls you can't enter... Which actually made it more confusing for me because it made me think I needed to open them, rather than to just reverse the current.

They also dumbed down the ice arrows by highlighting spots on the water to freeze. Doesn't really affect much but it does give you that annoying feeling that the game doesn't respect your intelligence. It did help me out with freezing the octopus enemies, at least.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:09 pm

I started up Until Dawn. The first hour was extremely dull.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:17 pm

I just finished Until Dawn this afternoon. I agree with you. The beginning is boring. It does way too much tutorial for a game that really doesn't need it. Even the first chapter drags... but it does do a good job letting you get to know the characters and the setting, which are really important later in the game. The game definitely ramps up though. I couldn't put it down. I beat it in 3 sittings. Let me know if and when you finish it though. I'd love to talk about how your game ended and choices you made.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 am

Recorded Backloggers Anonymous for our next game (Part 1 is here and 2 is here for Dead Space 2) so I started our next game: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Platforming is just as good as SoT, combat is about as bad as it was before, and I'm dying laughing every time that terrible metal track comes on.

Last edited by volvocrusher on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 am

Haha. I look forward to listening to that one. It really does have some great platforming. Too bad so much junk surrounds it.

@Matt: I played a bit more and it has definitely grown on me. The atmosphere is really good. Some great jumps scares and things have just started to get messed up. I'll let you know when I finish it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:57 pm

I played through Lara Croft Go last night and loved it. Really neat puzzle game. It has all the things you'd want from the series. Platforming, puzzles, traps, mythical creatures, and so on. They do a great job of adding new little ideas to spice up every area or level. And there are all these little nods to the older games like classic outfits, the menu's setup, and being able to do handstands as you pull yourself up onto ledges. Lara even has a low-poly look. And they manage to do all this in a touch controlled, turn-based game. There is even a great boss fight. So impressed with this game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:31 am

I'm going to start up MGSV tomorrow night so I can play it nice and loud. That is all.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:26 am

Started up MGSV. I think the intro was way too long and I do wish I was playing with a controller. That said, any stealth game that makes every part of the gameplay this entertaining is doing A LOT right
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:10 am

You guys should make a thread for that game at least. Rarely are so many people here playing the same game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:16 am

I agree, I thought the beginning was way too long. I think it was pretty much an hour. Again, too much weird shit in a series that didn't start off weird. Why am I fighting zombie Nightcrawleresque bad guys and the Human Torch? Still super fun, but this shit annoys me. Why couldn't he just save his weird tendencies for a different franchise?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:18 am

Because MGS has always had weird stuff. The first boss ricochets bullets off walls then gets his hand cut off by a cyborg ninja. Not to mention he hasn't worked on anything different in over a decade
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:41 am

I'm quite aware that the first game had some weird parts, but each game gets progressively weirder. Because bullets that ricochet and a cyborg ninja are on the same level as teleporting zombies and bionic arms from the 80's when bionic arms in current times don't even exist? This whole time I thought he's worked on multiple franchises, silly me.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:15 pm

But there was also Psycho Mantis which is that weird. The guy read minds and used telekinesis
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 am

Finished up Until Dawn. I only ended up killing one of the main characters. The Don't Move segments are super intense and really nail the feeling of being in a horror movie like this. Some generally good atmosphere. Some really good jump scares. I like how exploration and character decisions seem to affect who dies later (I'd have to look into specifics on this, but based on the butterfly effect screen, they seem to play a role). I thought I'd hate most of the characters when I started, but some of them grew on me. I liked this more than I thought I would. Or perhaps this year of games has lowered my standards.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:00 am

Got to play the Ratchet & Clank PS4 demo. They have it at places like Best Buy and Gamestop. Nothing too surprising. It is Ratchet. Basically had re-made/imagined versions of the train and a boss from the first game. Weapons were mostly stuff from the Future games though the new Pixelizer was really cool. The graphics look awesome especially the scene where they introduce the boss.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:15 pm

I started Mario Maker last night. The creation tools are very intuitive. I only did the tutorial, but I will definitely try it for real at some point. Tried some user levels. Honestly makes you appreciate how good Nintendo is at this... haha. I did play a few good ones. There really are a ton of options for what you can make.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:10 pm

I would assume it would be a hell of a lot easier to make levels in this as opposed to Little Big Planet. I like LBP more, but would be more interested in making levels in Mario because I feel like I'd be able to make a good one in that game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:21 am

Glad to here Ratchet and Clank is looking good.

Just downloaded Persona 4, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and Killzone: Liberation onto my Vita.

I've never played a JRPG before. I'm enjoying the story, which is good because it's taking forever to get going! I'm sure you all know this.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Persona 4 is great. Just play it on easy if you haven't started it yet and enjoy the ride. The combat isn't all that great... it's kind of like Pokemon in a rock-paper-scissors sense with different "elements." The only trouble I really had on normal was just hitting walls where I would just have to grind levels for a few hours in order to beat the boss. But the characters in that game are special. Definitely one of my all time favorite games.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Persona 5 got delayed til next summer. Fuuuuuuuu...
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 pm

I might take Matt's advice and play on was. I tried on Normal and I found the combat to be really hard. I'm a level grinder and I was just getting tore up.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:49 pm

hmmm I chose normal. Do I need to avoid dying? Like is it like Medievel where you start from the beginning?
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:25 pm

My party's attack just kept missing over and over again. Even against random enemies.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:45 am

On normal I think it lets you choose to restart from the floor you died on. Really it just depends on your tolerance for grinding. Once I got Yukiko I found it fairly easy apart from the occasional boss I was too stubborn to properly prepare for, but I did run through old dungeons pretty frequently. The dungeons aren't fun to explore but the combat is fast enough to ease the pain a bit, which is where a lot of JRPGs lose me.

Of course you can always fastforward through the intro if you restart on easy

I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles on my 3DS. I'm a fan so far. Not exactly what I expected but I like how encounters work and the characters seem likeable enough. I'm kind of impressed that it's on the 3DS despite the graphics downgrade. Hopefully I can finish it before the sequel comes out
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 pm

I played through Tearaway Unfolded this past week. It is still super charming and they do some super clever things with the whole idea of the system and you being involved in the game. I don't think it had the same impact on me since I knew a lot of the beats from the first game, but the end hit me the same all over again. It is so cute.

Control wise compared to the Vita, it is kind of a mixed bag. I really liked how they had you poking and interacting with the world in that game. They can't do that in the same way. Certain things aren't as good without the camera and drawing on the touchpad is worse than the touchscreen. Some of the new stuff is neat and it does make it feel quite different as an experience which is good for returning players as it feels fresh, but I generally prefer the PS Vita controls. Your mileage may vary there though.

There is a sizable amount of new content between full new areas and some extra spots in levels that already exist. Plus stuff changed around for the new controls.

Anyway, new players and old players should enjoy this. Maybe not a full price purchase for returning players. Depends on how much you loved the original I guess. I really had a blast playing through this again. Trying for 100% again still.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm going to attempt to draw stuff using my iPad. I can't wait to get this game, but with MGSV and FIFA 15 there wasn't enough room this month. It'll make a perfect Christmas gift though with the Uncharted trilogy!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next