The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Chat Thread

+10
ajapam
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
chocobot
pspiddy
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
BretBaber
14 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Chat Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:21 am

Dope cake. Good luck in Atlanta Twolf (sorry I didn't catch your previous post).

Also good luck with the new job Casey!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:41 am

Kind of cool thing happened. I decided to try and get a press pass for the local comic-con type thing they do near me and they approved me tonight! Pretty neat. They will have panels for The Flash and Breaking Bad this year I guess.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Sweet!

I'm still secretly hoping Sqaure Enix will fly me out to E3 this year but...not counting on it.

Also also, apartment in Atlanta is secured so I'll be moving there end of next month/beginning of June at the latest.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Hey guys. I think the time may have come to let this place go. It is something I have been thinking about for a while. Activity has gotten super low. This past week I kind of threw out a couple threads to see if there was any interest to use this place left in us. Even with a few of us playing Ratchet, there was no traction there. Same with the top five. No one is talking about Game of Thrones this season either. I think we all talk about the stuff we used to here outside of this place now (on Twitter or Facebook or via text). Which is cool. So if there aren’t any objections, I will probably shut this place down soon (assuming I have the heart, I may just leave it be and let it drift away). I don't want to make this decision unilaterally, so let me know if you feel otherwise, but I can see people have sort of moved on and it is okay.

Anyway, I would love it if everyone could throw in a post for the Best of this Gen So Far Top Five. Even if you can only think of a single game. It’d be cool to participate in one final thread together if this is the end.

Edit: Disregard this. I will keep things going. Sorry if this seemed dramatic!

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Sun May 01, 2016 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Sorry that you feel this way. I'm as much of a culprit of not contributing much as of late (even though I visit the site daily). I tend to do so with message boards (I'm a member of at least 5, I think) but I always come back. I'd rather know I can always come back here.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:45 pm

I'm so far behind the ball on games I don't really have much to contribute, heh. But if somebody wants to send me a Ps4 and Uncharted...

Also I'm mildly annoyed with Game of Thrones so far. The opener didn't really grab me in any way beyond that
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 01, 2016 12:47 am

Hmmm... perhaps I was being emotional about it earlier. Maybe I will try harder to spur some conversations. I wasn't intending to make anyone feel guilty either. I just thought people were kind of over the forum. I would certainly rather keep it around. I'm going to further mull this.

If anybody has any more input, I would welcome it. Would weekly top fives get people back into things? Should we make specific topics for new releases again? What about the survey/questionnaire things I used to do? I know I stay away from most pre-release footage these days, so tracking games before they come out with news and such like I used to isn't something I can really get into personally.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 am

I get where you're coming from Trip, but the club still has a few reasons I think we should keep it around. I mean, most of us talk on Twitter now, but Kubert still isn't on there, so like how I keep my PS4 plugged in for its few exclusives, I'll keep coming here for him.

I could have been posting more though. I'll try to fix that with going on, we could get a good discussion going for Mirror's Edge for instance.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 01, 2016 1:03 am

Alright, if there is still interest I will definitely keep it going. I feel a little silly now because that post was basically the equivalent of the dramatic exit blogs I used to mock at 1up. I will try harder to get things going as well. Even if it is just a handful of us, I still enjoy it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 01, 2016 1:05 am

I think a problem might also come from a few of the people who raised commotion at these clubs were also some of our top posters. I mean, if you can't act decent by our extremely low standards, then chances are we don't want to talk to you, but they also put a lot of posts here.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 01, 2016 11:02 am

I'm probably the biggest culprit here for inconsistent posting and I apologize for that. I've been trying to make more time for gaming lately, so hopefully I'll have more to say about games I've been playing. Plus it'll be fun to talk about and play the new Uncharted with you guys.

I guess if I had a suggestion... I would say if the traffic is down, there probably isn't a need for so many threads. We could shrink it way down and delete a large chunk of threads. For me, its kind of hard to keep track of when I visit and I see a bunch of different threads with comments. I know certain things are separated for spoilers and what not so maybe not a total purge. But maybe just an overall clean up is in order. I think it'd be easier to converse on here if the number of conversations were more focused. Just an idea... not saying there is anything wrong with the current system.

Seriously though... some of us have been chatting about games either on here or 1up for almost 10 years now. I really hope that this in some way continues. I know some of the drama and b.s. broke up a lot of the initial core group, but its still great to come on here and chat about games and other stuff we're into.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 01, 2016 11:44 am

Yeah, I lurk around other social media more than twitter, but I am always around. Speaking personally, the reason to keep the club around is just to keep in touch with all of you really (you're all a-ok). I doubt the club will ever grow at this point.

Also, I second the notion that I've been so busy lately I've barely kept up with new games >_>
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Yeah, sorry again about that post. I really didn't want to lose this place at all, but tracking logins and posts, things were looking pretty dire and I didn't want to see things get any worse (it was already making me a bit sad which sounds pretty lame I know), so I thought maybe it was time to end it. Figured people were kind of over it. I'm glad you guys talked me off a ledge there.

I already started trying to clean some threads out into the archives, but I see what you mean Matt and will try and continue to clean things up more.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 01, 2016 7:17 pm

No worries!

I think what this club is good for is a meeting place for us all but we're all kind of starting to connect outside of the forum which is why I think we're not on as much.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:13 am

So haven't posted this here yet, but gave up on being in the police. Part of it was getting rejected, but I just got a feeling that going into police is not a good idea in this day and age, whether the reasons are justified or not. Right now I passed a test to substitute teach and going to see how I like that.

Until then I'm open to suggestions both on how to approach teaching (in Kubert's case at least) or any other career paths that might be a good idea.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Do you guys ever think what you would potentially do if you came into a ton of money like by winning the lottery or whatever? Like is there a trip you'd take or a dream car you'd buy? Thought it might be a stupid fun topic to chat about.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:24 pm

I'd actually use it to fund a walk from one end of the country to another. Use the money so I wouldn't need to worry about what I'd need to bring as a whole, could just buy a tent for when I'd be in the middle of nowhere then give it away when I didn't need it anymore. And fly family and/or friends to the really cool spots. Feel that would be a cool thing to do.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:01 am

I'd like to buy a couple businesses to make me money so I never have to work a gain (like McDonalds or something like that, sure fire money makers), and after I got that out of the way I'd focus on the important things, like...

1. Bringing back Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? I'd make sure I used all of the same equipment from the 60's when the show first came out. Looping animations, classic monsters, musical chase scenes with oldies sounding music (in a dream world I'd get Jack White to write those), laugh tracks, corny jokes, hand painted backgrounds, etc... One change is I'd make it widescreen instead of full screen.
2. Space Ghost Coast to Coast would be back on air, and I'd hand pick the guests. Looking back the how had actors and musicians that I love but never knew back then (Sonic Youth, Radiohead, REM), and I'd try to find modern versions of them. In fact, once the show is a booming success like it should/would be, I'd use the cash flow from the success and my McDonald's businesses to bring back Adult Swim to the glory days.
3. I'd somehow make the kind of Buffy merchandise I'd love to see out in the world.
4. I'd buy a place in Milan and get season tickets to all of the AC Milan games.

These are literally the things that swirl though my head every time the lottery gets really huge.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:22 pm

1. I'd get some investment advice from Berkshire-Hathaway (Warren Buffett's company) and grow it.
2. I'd buy a nice house in Paradise Valley, AZ, or maybe out in the mountains in northern AZ.
3. I'd just travel a lot, both inside the US and out.

Alternatively, I'd buy a half-ton pickup, an Airstream Land Yacht, and just live on the Interstate System for a few years. Smile
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:13 pm

I'd get a cozy place out by a lake in the mountains somewhere, make a theatre room for it and just chill out. Somewhere that feels like the middle of nowhere but actually isn't too far from civilization. Then I could take up various things and go traveling to fill my time.

Would probably steal Greenie's idea, too. Except I'd rather bike.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 am

One thing I'd do is take a college football tour and hit up some of the iconic stadiums and rivalry games one Fall. Attend some of the College Gameday locations. Stuff like that. I guess I could throw some NFL games in there too while I was traveling. There are some other worldwide locations I'd like to travel to as well (like Italy). Clearly my ambitions are smallfry compared to Bret's though!

I honestly don't know where or what kind of place I'd live in. I'd definitely go all out on a theater room and home gym though if the location I chose allowed for that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Like you, I'd love to go to Italy. Since I was 13 I've always had a strong love for Italy. The soccer, food, sights, etc... I'm lucky enough to scratch that with season tickets to my favorite soccer team!

I hate hot places, so other than that Europe in general interest me. England, Romania, Sweden, I just love the climates those countries seem to have. If there's a place that is perpetually fall/autumn, I'd love to live there.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:32 pm

I'd probably stay in Cali to be honest, have property in the mountains and the beach depending what kind of mood I'm in. In fact my mountain home would probably be exactly like my dad's friends place there which has a hot tub, horse shoe/corn hole area, and the entire bottom floor having half the wall covered by movies. The beach place would be more like Jesse's perpetual party in Breaking Bad. I'd pay my friends to keep it going when I'm not there
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:48 pm

I'd put enough money to be comfortable (but not terribly so) for the rest of my life. Buy homes in Tokyo, Colorado and...somewhere else (probably in England). Then spend the rest on charity stuff, flying friends on cool trips or to just hang out, and fund cool creative projects with no need for them to be successful.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:22 am

You guys get any good deals on Black Friday?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:23 pm

Got a 128 GB micro SD for $25 (should come in handy when I get a Switch), Plants vs Zombies: GW2 for $20, a PS4 remake of a Genesis space shooter called Assault Suit Leynos for $15, and FFXV for $35. Also got my dad an Amazon Echo for his birthday for $90 and one of those New 3DS' that were $100 which I'm donating to a children's hospital.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Final Fantasy XV for $35? Where the hell was that deal. Probably digital though, and I really don't like digital. Not why I'm so obsessed with a case and a disc, it's definitely a strange obsession.

Wife got me World of Final Fantasy for $35 for Christmas.
I bought Ocarina of Time for 3DS for $15, and the following movies for $6 on blu ray... The Revenant, Mad Max, Black Mass, Fury, and the new Vacation movie. I normally buy a lot more, but nothing tickled my pickle.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:37 pm

It was physical but at the MS Store. Which should let you know why I didn't tell you about it
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:27 am

It all makes sense now.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:55 am

You guys get anything cool for Christmas? Did you give any cool gifts?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next