The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Anticipated Movies and Trailers Thread

+6
BretBaber
TripOpt55
volvocrusher
pspiddy
avidacridjam
Krubixcube
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anticipated Movies and Trailers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Anticipated Movies and Trailers Thread

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 21, 2014 6:21 am

New Guardians of the Galaxy trailer. Still not sure what I feel yet. Most of the "fun, doesn't take itself too seriously vibe" I get is from the choice of music in the trailer, not so much the actual scenes. So I hope the movie feels as fun and carefree as the trailer does.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anticipated Movies and Trailers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Anticipated Movies and Trailers Thread

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 21, 2014 10:02 am

Does it matter that I thought Watchmen was mediocre?

That said, I am excited for the new X-Men...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed May 21, 2014 10:05 am

The most anyone can hope for is a good balance of humor and seriousness like Firefly/Serenity. If it wants to go bugfuck crazy like The Fifth Element, I'm for that too.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed May 21, 2014 10:09 am

I'm so pumped for X-Men: Days of Future Past. Pretty much the first damn thing I'll do on Friday is attend the first matinee.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 am

Anyone who liked the Kick-Ass movies will probably want to see this, myself included, since the first film's director and writer are involved:

Looking forward to the scene where Colin Firth knocks off that stupid white cap. And burns it. And laughs.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 22, 2014 12:34 am

That looks pretty cool Avid. Not getting too much of a Kick Ass vibe, but if it's by the same director I think it's worth a look.

@T-Wolf- I already told myself I wouldn't see another GotG trailer unless it's in a theater. I was sold on that movie the second Chris Pratt spoke.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Could be good:

Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 31, 2014 12:23 am

Another Korean director in the west...looks good though!

Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Seth Green's from Buffy so therefore I will always like him. Plus he sports a cool Kurt Cobain shirt in Austin Powers. +2 for Mr. Green. Green is my favorite color. +3 for green. He had to portray a really big dick in Entourage to Vinny Chase and the boys, which is my 4th favorite show, so a negative point for Mr. Green. He sits at +2 so he's on my good side.

I hate Jennifer Lopez.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Seth Green is in Mass Effect. Therefore I like him too
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Watch Entourage, you'll hate him. They make him out to be a monster.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:27 am

I already know I'm going to love that movie so I had no interest in that sneak preview even though one of my friends invited me to go see it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:07 am

I hope Guardians of the Galaxy ends up being as awesome as it looks, I'm pretty excited for it too.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Sam Raimi's producing The Last of Us movie which piqued my interest. They're still looking for a director, but I say they already have the perfect guy for the job, let him direct as well.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:40 am

TLOU and Sam Raimi... I don't see the connection, honestly
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:04 pm

I think the way he likes to make action scenes and frame them like a horror scene would be perfect for it (Doc Ock's hospital takedown in Spider-Man 2 comes to mind). Plus he has a style to movies that would keep the movie from feeling like a rehash of the game's story.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Am I the only one that thinks they shouldn't even bother with a movie? What could the movie do story-wise or character-wise that the game didn't already do a million times better?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:20 am

From a storytelling standpoint, I agree 100% Kubert. But looking at this from the business side, I think this can have a great effect on video game movies. It has a story both critics and the public can get behind with an ending we haven't really much similar too. I honestly think this could be gaming's Dark Knight. A little too optimistic perhaps, but imagine if this, Ratchet, and Sly could jump start great video game movies.

Let's face it, millions of people still think video games can't tell stories this good. Imagine if The Last of Us is both a critical and financial hit and people say that it was told better in the game. It could give video games more cred as well.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:54 am

I love Sam Raimi, but looking at his past work I don't think he'd be a great director for this. Unless I'm forgetting something, he does a great job with horror (Evil Dead, Doc Ock just like you mentioned), but his films have too much of a light-hearted feel to them. Something The Last of Us definitely doesn't have.

My vote is the director of The Road, since that movie was pretty much The Last of Us before The Last of Us. Plus, he directed something for Red Dead Redemption, so the guy must have a love/understanding of video games.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:10 am

You mean gaming's Dark Knight in terms of legitimizing video game stories in the public I assume? I suppose that's a good point, and I hadn't thought of it before.

I guess I would just hate to see a "Here's the bullet points of the Last of Us' story" up on screen with the same tone/music...it's just millions of dollars pissed down the drain.

My educated guess is it will probably just linger in pre-production hell until it explodes like World of Warcraft (another thing Sam Raimi was named for...huh) and Halo.

Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:15 am

I wouldn't like that either. I'd like them to do something different even though I'll probably see it anyways. But I really don't think that's pissing money down the drain. That can be a fantastic movie if you've never played the game. And despite strong sales, there's a lot of non-gamers who would see this. Yeah, it may not be for us. But if it gets the ball rolling on video game movies, I'm in.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:28 am

I suppose so. I guess just as a gamer who also likes movies I'm biased and happy to keep those things in their separate little lands.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Krubixcube wrote:My educated guess is it will probably just linger in pre-production hell until it explodes like World of Warcraft (another thing Sam Raimi was named for...huh) and Halo.

Something tells me this won't happen. I was pretty much certain this movie would come out before it was even announced. Hit game, good story, zombie craze... I doubt it'll be allowed to die

I think I see what you mean about Sam Raimi, greenman. I was thinking he wouldn't do justice to the game. But I guess he could turn it into something a bit different that's still worth watching for people who've already played the game. But then they'll complain that it's not the same. It's a bit of a dilemma
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Yeah but Halo was a HUGE game (still is) and had a big director attached and it still died.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next