The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sports Lounge

+10
Nephilimi
TripOpt55
BretBaber
Motinator
Bannen
b.b.hagen
KillaAssassin11
volvocrusher
TheMatt
pspiddy
14 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sports Lounge Empty Re: Sports Lounge

Post by TheMatt Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Packers, Brewers, Bucks for pro sports. The Texans are my AFC team tho. They are loaded with Badgers. And considering I'm a Wisconsin alumni I always cheer for the Badgers in any sports. Even dumb ones like hockey!

My favorite sport to play is basketball by far. The apartment complex I moved into has basketball courts, so I'm dying for warmer weather to come so I can get out there. I also like playing tennis if I can find someone of equal skill level.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Angels, Lakers, and Cowboys for me. Though the last two have been giving me nothing but trouble so far. I don't play much now since it's hard to get enough of my buds together, but I always love those rare times the guys from my old lacrosse team get together to play, it's my favorite to play.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm

49ers, Suns and the Braves are my teams. Still bummed about that fucking SuperBowl but we should be good going into next year hopefully. The Suns are just a lost cause at the moment.

Its funny because I just played basketball for the first time in a while a few days ago. I was surprised by how good I still was haha. But damn did it leave me sore afterwards. Guess that means I need to start working out again and getting back in shape. Anyway basketball is by far my favorite sport to play but football has become my favorite to watch.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by b.b.hagen Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Philly sports for everything except basketball because I don't care about basketball. I played hockey most of my life and its probably my favorite sport right behind football. Excited to get baseball back in a few weeks.

And we're definitely going to need a thread dedicated to football.
b.b.hagen
b.b.hagen
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Bannen Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Let's see... Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Red Wings... So, you know, two out of three ain't bad. If I gave a shit about basketball, I suppose I'd like the Lakers, because the Pistons are fucking terrible.

A football thread, yes.
Bannen
Bannen

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:18 am

Pretty much the only sports I watch are the Vancouver Canucks.

I play intramural floor hockey with some random people I met. And intramural soccer with other engineers; damn do we get excited when we get even close to winning.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:32 am

AC Milan. Besides Neph, I'm probably the only one that follows soccer, and to be honest I'm not even sure if he follows soccer. He plays the sport, that is all that I really know. They're going through a rebuilding phase, so what that means is they suck. They did however take down the mighty Barcelona in the Champions League. When it comes to international teams I root for Italy, and then after that any country that has a Milan player. The Milan derby is tomorrow, but I doubt anyone knows what that means. Forza Milan!

Being a Michigander I'll root for the Michigan teams. I love Detroit Red Wings hockey, but the salary cap made the game boring in my opinion, especially since my team spent for players. AFter that I like the Patriots and the Lions, but I don't really care about basketball or baseball. If I picked a basketball team it would be the Miami Heat, because I think James is a really great basketball player and I would pick him over Jordan because he's a team player.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 am

My teams are the Philadelphia Eagles and 76ers for the pros. And the Florida State Seminoles and Syracuse Orangemen (I haven't and will not except just calling them the Orange) for basketball. I don't watch the other sports much.

I did play football in high school. I was captain and played guard on offense and Defensive End/Linebacker on defense. That was like ten years ago though. I play some pickup basketball occasionally still and am back into powerlifting, but otherwise I don't play many sports these days. I loved Skateboarding when I was in Junior High and early High School. I wasn't great, but could do basic stuff and a couple cool tricks. My most memorable tricks were probably a darkslide and this double kickflip I did on a ramp. I also jumped BMX bikes a bit too, but was really no good at that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by b.b.hagen Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Who are you hoping we grab in the draft, Trip? I'm praying Jarvis Jones falls to the fourth pick. Especially if we really are switching to a 3-4, we're going to need some linebackers.
b.b.hagen
b.b.hagen
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 pm

I hope/assume we're doing a NCAA bracket again this year? It's less than a month away!

Let's see if I can resist the temptation to put my Badgers in the Final Four this year?

...probably not
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by b.b.hagen Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 pm

I know nothing about basketball but I'm game. I think I actually won it two or three years ago.
b.b.hagen
b.b.hagen
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 am

b.b.hagen wrote:Who are you hoping we grab in the draft, Trip? I'm praying Jarvis Jones falls to the fourth pick. Especially if we really are switching to a 3-4, we're going to need some linebackers.
Oops... sorry I missed this post somehow. I am not sure who I want, but it seems we probably will switch to a 3-4, so Linebackers are definitely a need. I must say I've always been more of a 4 man front guy. I get the advantages of the 3-4, but my heart hasn't given in to it yet. Still a 4-3 guy myself.

And yes I'm all in for NCAA tourney thing again.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 am

Sorry Bret. I usually put my life on hold for the Eurocup and World Cup (I usually take an extended period off work to watch) but otherwise I find it too hard/inconvenient to follow soccer regularly despite loving the sport.

The lockout just soured me more on hockey and I haven't watched more than 2 minutes of an Oilers game since. I live in Canada so everyone bleeds hockey and it's fucking annoying.

NFL is my sport of choice and the Steelers are my team... although I kind of hate their team now.

As for sports I've played/play: I ran track internationally and for my University team. I've played soccer my whole life and at the highest Canadian level (which I guess could qualify as semi-pro because whenever our city had a professional soccer team they just pulled people from the top tier of men's soccer). I was captain of my football team at runningback, slotback and outside linebacker (It's Canadian High School football... so the equivalent of elementary school in the states. One year we travelled to LA and lost like 50 to 0 to a team that had a 23 game losing streak or something.) Now I just still play high level soccer, pick up soccer and co-ed rec soccer. As much soccer as I can get before my body gives out.

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm

It's easy to follow soccer when you really follow one team. I'll go to sites to see what is happening with other teams/leagues, but I only devote my time to watching Milan. It was a great match watching them take down Barcelona in the Champions League a week ago.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 am

Yeah but I don't even have much time to follow football news. I usually just have the tv on in the background all Sunday. So soccer is just too tought to follow if I have to make any effort.

And pspiddy I'm a little full of shit. I always brag about playing Major league soccer but in reality it was only a half season. I've always just played Premier or Div 1 (the second and third highest leagues). I even played with my law school friends in the bottom league and sandbagged for a couple years. I was the highest per game goal scorer in the league last season.

http://www.edsa.org/site/standings/873/

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 am

I'll just leave this here...

Fear the Deer
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 am

Fuck the buck

I really have no problem with the team, I just wanted to add my rhyme
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 am

Basketball - OKC Thunder and Phoenix Suns
Baseball - Arizona Diamondbacks
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by CountryRubes Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

we doing brackets on cbs?
CountryRubes
CountryRubes
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 pm

CountryRubes wrote:we doing brackets on cbs?
Yes. If anyone new wants to pick a College basketball bracket with us let me know. I think it invites the rest of you automatically.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bannen Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Lions get Reggie Bush.
...I'm looking forward to see how this one explodes in our faces.
Bannen
Bannen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bannen Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

pspiddy wrote:ESPN is so awesome. Nets vs Mavericks instead of the 10 other games that actually matter...They should go back to their 90's format of World's Strongest Man reruns and bowling. Magnus VerMagnusson FTW!
Does the World's Strongest Man prove his title by pulling a truck with his teeth? If so, I'm all in for that - I also look forward to his 30 For 30 episode prior to the show.
Bannen
Bannen

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 am

Me and Matt seem to be the only ones to fill out a bracket for March Madness. I am using the same group as last year on CBS. Here is a link to the group:

http://pspeeps.mayhem.cbssports.com/e

The password is: playstation

Please join if you are interested. It is just for fun. Apologies if you didn't get an email. I thought it just emailed everyone automatically each year to be honest.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next