The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Breaking Bad Discussion

+2
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking Bad Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Bad Discussion

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 am

I normally can't stand new Family Guy, but this was so spot on I had to share it

Also this made me laugh pretty hard

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm

I find that hilariously ironic coming from Family Guy. I've met so many people where it seemed their entire existence was just to quote that fucking show when it's not even funny.

I don't know how to process that latest ep. It was hands down one of the greatest things I have ever seen in anything ever. I don't know how they can top that in the next two episodes.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Any final predictions for the last two eps? I've been trying to find the satisfying way to wrap this up (where Walt gets punished adequately) and I can't exactly figure out how it goes down. Also the Jane reveal last week was brutal. I never said much about last week, but this episode was basically perfect TV.

Also Greenman, I advise taking a few hours off Twitter the next couple of weeks while you wait to watch on the West Coast. It's not really worth getting something else spoiled for you I don't think. Obviously I'd never say anything, but someone is bound to do so.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

I kind of figured we'd jump right to the flashforward at the beginning of this last episode. Wasn't expecting them to fill us in on the inbetween. Pretty interesting episode, but not on the level of the previous one. As a Jesse fan this show just depresses the shit out of me sometimes.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Oh, I don't plan to be near my computer while other people are watching. I was willing to risk the last two episodes, but no chance in hell the finale's getting spoiled for me.

My prediction for the ending is Walter is given a choice to either die of his cancer or get revenge on Todd and keep his family safe. For a stupid reason he just chooses to die. Then he throws sand in people's faces right before he passes away.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:36 am

Bravo. Just, bravo.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:53 am

The series wouldn't have been complete without somebody finally getting ricin'd.

I was surprised by the happy ending. It's probably the best way things could've turned out without it feeling too forced. Kind of like The Sopranos (or at least how I interpreted it)
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 am

I really liked the final episode, but I don't know how I feel about Walt's ending. As Gilligan said in the post-show he pretty much gets everything he wanted to done at the end. Is that the ending Walt deserved? It's fine, but I just can't quite get behind this as an ideal ending I don't think. Maybe people here can convince me otherwise. I thought everything else except the final Lydia scene (which felt a bit unnecessary to me) was excellent. Loved the ending for Jesse and as a Jesse fan first and foremost that makes me happy. Very happy he got to ice Todd and then decided not to kill Walt. Awesome end for him and I generally liked all the final scenes for characters throughout the episode.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:20 am

I loved the Jesse scene too. I think what made me okay with Walt's ending was how he said he did it for himself. That just makes me think that the ending isn't for the Walt who let all those people die and killed a whole bunch of others himself. A happy ending for him would be to continue the series, always keep making meth. It was a happy ending for Walt from the first episode, the one who had good intentions despite using an illegal way to do it. He got what he wanted, but everyone he loved hated who he turned into and he died knowing that. I'm perfectly fine with that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Breaking Bad Discussion - Page 2 4DOJu

My thoughts on the ending, if not most of season 5 in general: They executed well the wrong ending.

My main problem with season 5 was the sudden shift to the focus on the gang. They were just there and a threat, fucking everyone up after what the entire cast of characters had been through. They weren't good characters, they weren't as threatening as Gus nor as personal as Hank or Jesse.

Instead of the final being a complete contrast of characters and themes, parallels made left and right with nods everywhere (The perfect line after Hank caught Walt in the desert while talking to Marie on the phone would have been "I won" after Walt's S4 ending). We just got "Yeah and then some crew messed everyone up".

Don't get me wrong, it was still good. Watching Jesse get away made me smile, and the death scene was beautifully done, but it's not the ending it had the potential to be.

It seriously had the potential to be up there with One More Final tier ending from Evangelion in my opinion, and I don't say that lightly.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:58 pm

I thought it was pretty satisfying. Walt admitting he did it for himself was the best line of the whole episode. I actually liked the scene where he talked to Lydia on the phone. She had the worst death of them all, I think. To sit there and know that Walt got her, all alone. Pretty terrible stuff. I was worried they weren't going to go back to that and have us just assume she died... which wouldn't be a very Breaking Bad thing to do. You're supposed to see everything, even if its painful to watch.

I feel like nitpicking on what could have been better is a little silly too. They got to tell the story they wanted to tell. I'm really excited to binge watch the entire series once the final season hits Netflix and see how the whole thing holds up all together. Kinda sad its over, but I'm glad the finale was satisfying (for me at least). The real discussion is what show takes its place as the new best show on TV? Just based on previous season, momentum and potential I'd say Walking Dead, JUST KIDDING!!! Game of Thrones.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm

As the one person who doesn't watch Game of Thrones, I'm hoping Agents of Shield will be my replacement. Not expecting it to be close to as good as BB, but it's a show about the Marvel universe, so it'll do.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 pm

I slept on it and I'm still a little torn. Everything in the finale just went too well for Walt. With all the complications that could have and should have arose, none did. And I'm not complaining for it being unrealistic. This show has always been unrealistic and Walt has always ended up with great luck to get out of certain situations, but they chose to make everything go Walt's way in this final episode. I thought they might go with this style of ending, but still feel it wasn't the one they should have went with in my opinion. Yeah sure they told the story they wanted to tell, but why discuss anything if we just say that to everything we watch. I couldn't write a better one of course, but it doesn't mean I just have to be happy with whatever I watch.

Maybe I'm against the Lydia thing because it was just another thing that rolls Walt's way. He gets to let her know it was him. I didn't find it to be a particularly hard scene to watch relative to stuff in this series. And if we are throwing out what is and isn't the Breaking Bad thing to do: an extremely safe finale like this doesn't seem like the BB thing to do. And still that isn't my complaint.

It's a good finale, but I don't see it up there with the best finales I've seen. It certainly isn't one of BB's best episodes (Ozymandias is way better). I think I need more time to think about it still though. The finale could grow on me. Could get worse on me. Either way the series was excellent as whole.

Edit: And yeah Walt admitting he did it for himself was awesome. That and the Jesse ending were my favorite parts.

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:49 pm

As much as I enjoyed this last season (it's probably my favorite of all six. I still think that "half-season" thing is BS by the way) I actually agree with you Rainjar. Ever since Walt just up and quit the business within a single episode I've felt like the writers quickly abandoned their original plans, hastily set-up the gang as new villains, and have been doing their best with what they have left. But we got some damn fine TV in the process so I'm not really complaining.

Game of Thrones becomes the best show on TV but I hope there's more to drive this next season along. I'm hoping the Martells have something to do with it and that they drop that second l. Nobody needs that shit
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 pm

I'd agree about this sixth season being my favorite as well, but a rewatch might be necessary for proper perspective.

Also hope I'm not sounding too hard on the finale. Just saying it wasn't ideal for me I guess. Still good. Still walked away from it fine. Just think it could have been better.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:25 pm

To keep this discussion going what are your favorite moments from the series? A top five or just whatever comes to mind is cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat May 03, 2014 11:59 pm

So I finally watched every episode. I was never there from the beginning so I basically waited for the show to be done to watch it. Great show, and I'd give it a 5 out of 5 and an A+ rating. Having said that, I don't know if it is a show I'll ever re-watch again. Why? The show is just too damn depressing. Nothing happy ever happens to these characters. Walt beats cancer, yay! Now Skyler hates him. Jesse and Walt are friends again, yay! Nope, Jesse hates him. The show is fantastic and one of the best ever made, but there is just too many lows for me to ever watch it again. The Sopranos is the show that I will always say is the best show ever made, and although the characters are dark and have their problems, there's still humor in each episode (I literally think it's funnier than almost ever comedy out there), and there's still joys for these dirtbag characters that we've grown to love. Now everything doesn't need to be sunshine and kittens for me, but despite thinking the show is one of the best ever I don't see it as a show I need to reinvest time into.

I enjoyed the finale, and it wasn't definitely better than others that I've seen on television. Still I would have liked to have seen if his family took the money, would have liked to have seen what happened with Jesse at least a little bit (also, I still don't like how he reacted to Walt after he basically came in there and saved him. A lot of this shit wouldn't have happened if he would have just shut his dumb ass mouth), maybe seen where Saul went. Just such a depressing show, from him battling cancer to him becoming the enemy of everyone, even his partner in crime.

I feel the same way about the movie The Road. A fantastic movie, but too tiring to watch again.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2