The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

VGX 2013 Discussion

+6
pspiddy
Miraculous Kaydybug
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
Captain N
TripOpt55
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VGX 2013 Discussion Empty VGX 2013 Discussion

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:17 pm

So the VGAs are the VGX this year and moving to a streamed online event and I guess away from the ridiculousness of the Hollywood-style Spike event. There will be game demos and stuff I guess along with trailers. It will take place this Saturday, December 7th at 6 PM Eastern. Here are the games that have been confirmed to be shown.

Titanfall
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Something from Nintendo which would be a first for them at VGA/VGX
Quantum Break
Thief
The Division
Southpark: Stick of Truth
Dying Light
Broken Age

There are new game announcements, but nothing has been hyped up in particular. There are awards too. Here is the site which has more info and the nominees. I will try and dig up more rumors on possible games to be shown. If you guys find any post them. I love a good prediction too, so those are welcome.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

VGX 2013 Discussion Empty Re: VGX 2013 Discussion

Post by Captain N Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm excited for the Nintendo thing, I wonder what it could be. It said that it was a new announcement but then it says Reggie will give us a new look at a game. I'm guessing it's Smash Bros or X. Hoping it's something new.

Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Surprised Destiny isn't one of them. Anyways, hope we get to see some gameplay on The Division. Also expecting something from Bethesda and Bioware. Would love to see a new Star Wars game also, see what EA's doing with the license besides Battlefront 3.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:50 pm

To be clear that isn't the full list. Just what is known so far.

Bethesda said they won't be showing anything at this event, but you know game companies say one thing and do another often.

My guess for Nintendo is a Smash Bros. trailer, but I really have no idea.

They said Sony will have something to show. Could be a full Uncharted trailer which would be similar to previous reveals (quick teaser, full teaser at VGAs a month later then a GI issue next year or something). Lots of unknown games from Sony though. Stig's Santa Monica Team's game, been in the works over three years. Supposedly new IP. Bend or Media Molecule maybe? Santa Monica seems more likely.

I think The Division is being called an in-engine look or something which sounds like not what we want.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:20 am

I don't know whether to be excited about Thief yet...it's the guys who did Deus Ex: HR right? I fucking love that game.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 am

Same studio (Eidos Montreal), but a different team within that studio I think. There might be some overlap though. It's hard to shake down who is exactly doing what at big studios like that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:04 pm

Thief is only going to let you jump in certain situations. So for now it's on my shit list. Keeping an open mind but having a hard time having faith in it after hearing that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Isn't context-sensitive jumping pretty much the norm for stealth games? I've never played Thief, so I don't know if it would work there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:12 pm

No, Dishonored, Deus Ex, and past Thieves didn't do that. It lets you experiment more and I feel not having it is a sign they care more about being cinematic than making a stealth game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:41 pm

I guess I've never really played a first person stealth game now that I think about it. Was just thinking about third person ones I guess (might not even be true fir them because I've only played a few of those series too to be honest).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:29 pm

The reasoning they gave behind it seems really suspect to me. They said it was to make it more immersive or something like that. Like letting you jump whenever takes away from that, and it really just seems off to me.

I wouldn't say they are trying to be more cinematic, honestly it seems like they are trying to cater more to casuals (which yeah does mean more cinematic, but its a little more than that) and are just trying to cover it up with bs.

I get the appealing to the mass market thing, but too many times when they try that they completely forget about the fans. (See FFXIII, and DmC) and it could mean the game ends up flopping like DmC.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Kayshire Cat wrote:The reasoning they gave behind it seems really suspect to me. They said it was to make it more immersive or something like that. Like letting you jump whenever takes away from that, and it really just seems off to me.

I wouldn't say they are trying to be more cinematic, honestly it seems like they are trying to cater more to casuals (which yeah does mean more cinematic, but its a little more than that) and are just trying to cover it up with bs.

I get the appealing to the mass market thing, but too many times when they try that they completely forget about the fans. (See FFXIII, and DmC) and it could mean the game ends up flopping like DmC.
Yeah that actually does sound quite suspect.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:44 pm

I mean, if they gave a good reason I wouldn't be so against it, but that just makes me think it'll be a watered down sequel. If the game still turns out good I'll play it but I've got no interest in it when they say that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Honestly i'm pretty sure EVERY Thief fan had the same reaction when seeing those articles. Taking away a mechanic the series has had for years and giving bullshit reasons for it. It's just wrong.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

I guess I see that but on the other hand...it is just jumping. As long as the level design is built WITHOUT jumping in mind then it's fine. Mechanics complimenting level design and whatever.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:51 am

On it's own yeah, but that's not really what we're getting that. That they're in this mindset is more troubling. Should have brought that up from the start, but that's what made me dismiss it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:56 am

Well if it IS any of the same people as Deus Ex: HR I have hope because I still count that as the best stealth game made in the last...decade. The sneaking just feels so organic and gave me that genuine sense of "FUCKFUCKFUCK" when my character was just sitting there and I was watching a patrol pass by.

HOPE, it's all I got...I'm waiting for something that will make me excited enough to jump on the next gen.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:00 am

Just remember Naughty Dog's main team made Uncharted 2 while their secondary team made Uncharted 3. Or how Bioware's main team made Mass Effect 2 while their second made Dragon Age 2.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 am

That is a very good point. But I LOVED the Thief games so I want ever so desperately for it not to suck
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:53 am

volvocrusher wrote:Just remember Naughty Dog's main team made Uncharted 2 while their secondary team made Uncharted 3.
This is not accurate. A couple of leads from UC2 (Straley, Game Director, and Druckmann, one of the lead game designers) left the main team to work on developing another game (that became The Last of Us). Around this time, ND staffed up a lot. Many of the other primary leads on UC2 including the creative director/writer (Amy Hennig) stayed on for Uncharted 3. I can't say how returning and new staff was split across the two teams as things went forward, but a lot of the Uncharted 2 devs worked on 3. Now there seems to be two somewhat separate teams, but even then a bunch of Uncharted 3 people went to help on The Last of Us after UC3 shipped.

Again no idea how Eidos Montreal is set up, but I will look into it. A quick google search showed they have different directors on the two games but that isn't very surprising.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Here is the schedule for this. Some good stuff in here. Going to try and watch some before the FSU game starts:

Hour #1
VGX Start - The big show kicks off as hosts Joel McHale and Geoff Keighley take us through what kind of surprises are in store at VGX.
Our first secret world premiere - We cant divulge all of our secrets, but trust us, you're going to love this one.
Smosh reveals the future of video games - What will video games be like in the future? The game at Smosh reveal all at VGX.
Tomb Raider announcement - Get a Tomb Raider announcement, exclusively at VGX.
Lara Croft in the flesh - Camilla Luddington, the voice behind Lara Croft, appears at VGX.
The Vector Monkey finds a home - We're revealing the winner of either Best Action Adventure or Best Sports Game categories. You tell us which you want to see.
Reggie takes the stage - Nintendo of America's fearless leader, Reggie Fils-Aime takes the stage for a demo.
Another Vector Monkey is awarded - VGX honours another of this year's best games.
Quantum Break revealed - VGX is the only place you can get a look into the world of Remedy's next epic title.
Get even more Quantum Break - Remedy's Oskari Hakkien stops by VGX to take you deeper into Quantum Break.
Bonus world premiere - Another surprise Bonus World Premiere.

Hour #2
South Park and the Stick of Truth - Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny set out on their most epic journey ever.
Game of the Year Award - The creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, award this year's top honours.
Mega 64 - Rocco and Shawn thought we left some awards out, so they filled in some of the gaps.
Destiny arrives at VGX - Bungies latest title shines in this exclusive premiere.
VICE's Motherboard takes on Donkey Kong - Go behind the scenes and see the biggest rivalry this year's Donkey Kong world championships.
A new look at Broken Age - Double Fine's Tim Schafer helps pull back the curtain on his next creation.
Rooster Teeth present the pick for Cameo of the Year - You're never going to guess who wins.
World premieres as chosen by you - You tell us which world premiere you want to see next: Tom Clancy's The Division or The Withcher 3: Wild Hunt
Who will be crowned best indie game? - Find out which little studio takes home the big award.
Secret world premiere #2 - Another all-new game, brought to you by VGX.

Hour #3
Zombies infect VGX - See if you can survive this demo of Dying Light.
VGX welcomes PEWDIEPEW - One of YouTube's biggest names visits VGX.
Thief steals the show - Get an exclusive world premiere for the latest entry in this beloved franchise.
You choose the award - We're revealing the winner of either Best Shooter or Studio of the Year categiories. You tell us which you want to see.
We name the character of the year - You voted, now find out who you chose as your Character of the Year.
Another awesome world premiere - We've got some of this year's biggest trailers - only at VGX.
One final VGX award - You decide which award you want to see handed out.
Titanfall world premiere - VGX welcomes Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella for an exclusive look at one of next year's biggest games.
Rockstar rocks the house - An exclusive one night only performance of the music of Grand Theft Auto V
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 pm

And two of the announcements have leaked. Telltale Game of Thrones game (based on the books) and new game from Joe Danger devs called No Man's Sky.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Pewdiepie......so glad I just watch the trailers and not the show itself. Interested to see what the new Tomb Raider is like. As hard as I am on the new one, it had some good ideas, they just could have done so much more with it. Wondering what that third world premiere is, first two are kind of disappointing for me (though I'm sure everyone else here except Trip and Kay will be all over Telltale doing GoT).

Nintendo's excites me most though unless the third announcement is something Bioware or Fallout 4. Other than that, it's just games I'm already sold on or not interested in except maybe The Division, so not missing out on much.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I think Tomb Raider is just the PS4/Xbox One port of the reboot. Also I'll try the GoT game. I like those books much more than TWD. Maybe that will help.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Damn, that's disappointing. There are so many games I'd pick for one of those before Tomb Raider.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 pm

This entire show.

VGX 2013 Discussion 9rnddyk
Rainjar
Rainjar