The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What have you been listening to?

+10
Motinator
TheMatt
Krubixcube
AlexC-25
ajapam
pspiddy
BretBaber
avidacridjam
Miraculous Kaydybug
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 19 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 pm

The new xx album is now out! Loving it after a couple of listens. Might try and go to their upcoming tour.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 19 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by BretBaber Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Needed something new to listen to, but wanted something that was in my wheel house. Went to Google and typed in "Bands that sound like Nirvana". The usual music that gets compared to Nirvana popped up, (Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots) and they are bands that I don't think sound anything like Nirvana.

The link below had a title "Bands that sound like Bleach era Nirvana". Interesting, Nirvana before they hit it big. What a link, found an album that might easily vault to my top 10 favorite all time. They're a British band called The Wytches, and although they don't necessarily sound like Nirvana, the realness is there on full display. If you're a fan of alternative/indie rock, 3 piece rock band sound, give them a go. Also sounds like Halloween surf music that would fit awesome in a Tarantino movie like Pulp Fiction. The vocalist is spot on, no fake radio friendly bull shit here. I can't put it down. Already listened to it 14 times in a week.

https://youtu.be/9k3YhGlCRVM

Suggested tracks
Gravedweller
Fragile Male For Sale
Wire Frame Mattress
Summer Again
Crying Clown
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Gotta add both of those to spotify and give them a full listen

I recently stumbled upon a japanese band, Coaltar of the Deepers. Their sound runs the gamut from dreamy indie rock all the way to metal. I'd like to listen to more metal but I find it gets pretty same-y to me, so it's great
https://youtu.be/IaFA7EUYnxI
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Just finished listening to the new Kendrick Lamar album. It was available for streaming on Spotify so I figured I'd give it a go. It'd pretty great from top to bottom... my least favorite song is probably the single they're playing on the radio... I think its called Humble.

Hadn't listened to much new music lately, but it was nice to sit down and listen to an album all the way through in one sitting. Don't do that enough these days.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 04, 2017 11:27 pm

I really like the new Sylvan Esso album What Now.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:44 am

I love this new Lorde album. "Sober II (Melodrama)" is my early favorite track.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 am

Lorde seems out of my wheelhouse, but I recognize and understand that she's a good artist. Maybe someday I'll give a full album a proper shot.

I downloaded the Final Fantasy X soundtrack last night, and it's over 5 hours long, so I"ll be listening to that for a while!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Did you get the original or the remastered one Bret?

I might give the Lorde album a sample and see if this one's more up my alley than her last one.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Do you listen to anything else like Lana Del Rey Bret or is that sort of a musical outlier for you? That doesn't seem too far from something like Lorde. Not saying you'd like Lorde because you like Lana, but was just curious if you listened to anything else of that ilk.

Haim's new album comes out July 7th. I was often think of you Twolf when I listen to Haim since you recommended them to me (hopefully that doesn't sound weird... haha).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Depends what specifically you're thinking about...

Seriously, I didn't know a new Haim album was coming. So it could come full circle with you recommending Haim to me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:13 pm

This is one of the tracks they released from the new album. Pretty good:

I listened to the new Phoenix album and it is okay. I probably won't ever like one as much as Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, but I think I preferred Bankrupt! to this too.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 am

The new Waxahatchee album Out in the Storm is great!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Currently, it's been the new NIN song, "Add Violence" from the upcoming EP. I've pre-ordered the EP so I should get the download codes soon as well as a physical component (lyrics/artwork) in the mail next month.

Also, a shit-ton of Prince. When the Deluxe Expanded edition of Purple Rain dropped last month, iTunes had a great sale on his entire WB catalog. So I went crazy about bought every album from 1979 to 1989. It's his classic period. And the new edition of Purple Rain is great.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 pm

I really like the new Manchester Orchestra and Passion Pit albums. The new Arcade Fire... not so much.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm listening to the new LCD Soundsystem, American Dream. I was pretty cynical about this reunion and felt rather indifferent to the tracks that came out early, but it's growing on me quite a bit. Still not ready to say it's as good as their older stuff, but I felt the same way about This Is Happening for a while too, so we'll see.

I forgot to reply back then but yeah, I'm not crazy about Arcade Fire's recent output. Reflektor had a few really good songs but a handful that kind of get lost in the bunch. I haven't listened to the new one in full yet, nothing really grabbed me when I checked it out. I actually think The Suburbs had some filler as well, but it's overshadowed by the stuff surrounding it.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 pm

The Suburbs was really great, but towards the back middle they should have cut out 3 or 4 songs. Just really underwhelming compared to the rest of the album.

Haven't listened to Reflektor or the new album, so no comments there. But I've always thought The Suburbs had useless filler.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:03 am

I'm listening to this new Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton album. It is the lead singer of Metric's other project. If there are any other Metric fans here, you might dig this. A bit more mellow than Metric I guess.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 am

I've been listening to the latest album by The National. Quite enjoying the variety they're bringing back and some of the new sounds they've incorporated. I enjoyed their last 2 but they felt more one-note than earlier stuff. Here we've got some new electronic sounds in the mix that aren't revolutionary by any means but which augment their sound well, some more lively tracks again including Turtleneck which is heavier than anything I ever expected from them, the drummer is as good as ever (he's honestly my favorite in rock right now) and the guitar gets some of the spotlight too.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:47 pm

I've really been enjoying The National's new album too. It's been a while since I've listened to their other albums, so I don't recall how it compares. Might have to go back and give them another listen.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Villains - Queens of the Stone Age
8 - Incubus
Concrete and Gold - Foo Fighters
Out of the Voiceless Grave - The Lurking Fear
Heartless - Pallbearer
Emperor of Sand - Mastodon

It's been a great year for rock and metal.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:52 pm

The new Killers album is pretty good, but definitely on the lower end of their discography for me. "Tyson vs. Douglas" is my favorite track.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Gonna be listening to Tom Petty and nothing else this week.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 am

They put out this cover album thing for Tegan and Sara's The Con which is one of my favorite albums. It is pretty cool. Some of them aren't good obviously, but there are some I really liked. "Nineteen" is my favorite song from the album and Hayley Williams does a great version of it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum