The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tales Series - Da Official Thread

+6
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
SanAndreasX
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 am

This is the first time I've sat down with Tales of Destiny myself. I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't get it back in 1998. I also have Destiny II waiting to be played, what I've played of it it was a big step up from Phantasia and Destiny. I have my Phantasia GBA cartridge, but I'd love to see them release that on Wii U VC.

I have Xillia 2's CE on preorder.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Tales Series - Da Official Thread

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 pm

You need 90 for the trophy. There's 99 (97 or 98 in Millas i think) It wont ding until you're nearing the endgame. You can check progress in the stats (game not character) menu. Each of the chapters is about the same length the games like 50-60 hours at most total. Unless you're grinding for max level then it will take a lot longer
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 pm

np Smile

As for new content apparently that is one of the complaints people had against it. I think it reuses some areas from the first game. They do take place in the same world though so i dont really have an issue as long as its not obnoxious about it. We'll see tommorow.

The game does have 3 new party members in addition to the cast from the first. Muzet, Gaius and Ludger (Ludger is the new character and protagonist in 2). That should make combat more interesting.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:54 am

I'm right at the end too. Of course the first boss that kicked my ass would be the last one. Kay, do you know of a place that is best to upgrade weapons, armor, items, etc... right before the end? I want to get the most bang for my buck. Every place I seem to check just does the normal amount of upgrade points.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:17 am

The best place to grind for that stuff is the Magnus Zero that however is only unlocked after beating the game. The Area before the final dungeon are probably your best bet for that. The fields in Elympios. Crank up the difficulty too it increases item drop rates.

As for the final battle if you can get Leia to steal from Muzet and/or Gaius it can be a huge help. The fight can drag on really long cause of the life bottles. Just link with Leia and spam Milla's flare bomb after you break their stance.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

What I mean is what store is the best to buy from? I know they sometimes offer you 3x point upgrades and was wondering if there is any store right before the last boss that offers something like that?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:31 am

That stuff is random and the bonuses only apply when you give them materials it changes every few hours in game time. Also every store in the game is the same their inventories are just based on their respective levels. Fully upgrading the item store will give you the ability to buy every healing item available in the game even stuff like omega elixirs. its pricy though
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 am

I played about 13 hours today >_> Needless to say i loved it. A LOT of areas are recycled from the first game, but combat is completely overhauled. Everyone has more artes. Elize got a HUGE offensive boost though it cost a bit of her healing potency to make up for that though pretty much EVERY member has an arte that heals.

It's set up different Ludger is basically the player avatar you pick what he says and does the choices are pretty frequent and can really affect the story too. You get settled with a debt in the beginning of the game and in order to progress the main story you have to do sidequests to get enough to make a payment. It reminds me of the first No More Heroes. They are pretty simple tasks like kill x of a certain enemy but you can basically just wander around everywhere while youre doing this. it also does away with shop leveling inventories are dependant on where you are in the story and what towns you visited

The main story locks you into a certain path, and sets your party for you. I both love and hate that last part. The new story is great though same type of humor. The entire cast from the first game is back. Being able to interact with the skits is pretty cool too
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:28 pm

I still need to pick up my CE I reserved. I had class yesterday.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 pm

I finished the game on normal, but didn't know an option like that existed. I definitely would have wanted to switch to an easier setting, but the OCD in me probably would have fought and won that battle.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:58 am

I actually switch the difficulty depending on whether i feel over/underleveled. Moderate is basically my standard setting. This comes in handy in 2 cause that can happen quite a bit considering it basically encourages you to take everything at your own pace.

You also unlock a very hard setting after beating it. That usually isnt reccomended unless you use xp modifiers in the grade shop.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 am

I just got Gaius today, and holy hell is he amazing. Pretty much exactly like youd expect the final boss of the first game to play like. Completely wrecks shit
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:50 pm

In 2 theres A LOT of sidequests that are missable, but they either all show up on the job board or as ! on the world map.

Also 2 has tons of those giant monster battles. They are the easiest way to pay off the debt each chapter, and they are all pretty great
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:17 am

There's TONS of them 1-4 unlock during the downtime before each and every chapter. I've beaten 19 of them currently. They all have their own little gimmicks too. Once you hit their weak point with certain elements enough they go down and become weak to everything. Hitting it isnt always easy though

The boss fights at the end of each chapter are pretty great too combat in general is just better in 2 than it was in one
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:08 am

You'll get where you're going eventually its sort of like the lost woods but you cant really get lost you'll reach all the checkpoints eventually. The boss gets you a gold trophy and unlocks the devil's arms power which is great for new game+ just equip them on everyone from the start.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am

I have equipment that is stronger than the devil's arms, are they in fact stronger or do the stats lie?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:52 pm

once you beat the magnus zero's boss they unlock and grow in stats for each kill you get with them. theres an option in ng+ to keep them unlocked with their power and in your inventory
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm

You didnt mention the elongated staff though.

The only thing that actually carries over to 2 is the dlc any costumes you bought for one are available in 2.

You get bonus add-ons for having a save file from 1, clearing 1 and having a save file from Graces.

Devil's arms in 2 are replaced by weapons called "Sealed [Title of a Previous Tales Game]" I have no idea how to unlock them yet but they do look pretty bad ass. Especially Gaius's. They arent overly hard to acquire either

Tales Series - Da Official Thread - Page 5 BvnJQlqIEAE4i95

I really love 2 so far for the most part its been really amazing. The plot twist involving who Elle's father is is probably one of the best mindfucks Tales has ever done.

There was one plotline involving an overly stereotypically gay Aska (giant bird spirit) and Jude which was hella weird, but i can let that slide cause the rest is so great.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Now you're making me want to get 2. Damn no time life!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:07 am

I beat it tonight. The ending was pretty sad. Took about 60 hours its around the same length as the first game.

I loved most of the game but the final dungeon is dogshit. It's two maze-like rooms full of dead-ends that are marked like actual paths on the map. The brightside is it is really really short. Beating it unlocks a bunch of post game content. A short bonus chapter which ties up some lose ends and gives Jude and Milla a couple of broken artes, a bunch of job board quests, a dungeon like the Magnus Zero, and it brings back all the elite monsters you beat as EX versions with huge boosts in the rewards. It also gives you two costumes and a 4th tier transformation for Ludger and 1,000,000 gald
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:38 pm

So I'm about four hours into Zestiria, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it. The world is much more open than the words in Graces and Xillia and I like the new combat system. It's a bit cut scene heavy though, but not on the level of Metal Gear Solid.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next