The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+18
Rainjar
chocobot
Motinator
TripOpt55
ajapam
BretBaber
Methane_Max
pspiddy
Captain N
Nephilimi
AlexC-25
Krubixcube
Keith_Games
volvocrusher
avidacridjam
b.b.hagen
Bannen
TheMatt
22 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 26 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Krubixcube Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:36 am

yeah but...even if something sucks...that's how it was, right? Right? Guys?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 26 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by ajapam Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

I don't remember any of these new things in my DVDs. Except for greedo shooting first. You'd think Lucas would have at least realized how stupid it is for someone to miss in that situation
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Well, you'd also think that Lucas would realize this was a terrible idea

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 pm

I'd love to punch young Anakin in the face. He's such a horrible actor, how did he get casted for that?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:35 pm

pspiddy wrote:I'm going to go with bad parenting.

Who are you talking about: the kid, George, or the hundreds of spineless twats who couldn't tell Lucas when something wasn't working
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Mainly the kid.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Eh, kid actors are usually meh as it is, but even very good actors in that prequel trilogy couldn't act. There's only so much you can do with horrible material.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 pm

pspiddy wrote:Ha! True. Even Spielberg is in that "spineless twat" category.

Nope. While his filmography has some duds here and there, the majority of what he's contributed is so damn great and you know. So you didn't like the last Indy film. I understand. Move on already.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Lucas isn't the only director to work with a lot of green screen sets but he's one of the few that couldn't seem to inspire actors to be more lively. Not even Natalie Portman came off good from those films but she wasn't given anything to work with. Jake Lloyd seemed like a good kid who was just doing his job. You can say he was terrible but his employer thought he did well.

But yeah, like others have said here, it's hard to tell if no one questioned Lucas or they did and he didn't listen. On the original trilogy (the first film especially), he had input from all his director friends (Spielberg, Coppola, De Palma, John Milius, Scorsese) so there's one reason the originals turned out well. At the period of the prequels, he had an unlimited checkbook so he wasn't at the mercy of the studio. The conditions of the productions for the OT must have put such a bad taste in his mouth that he decided that he was going to do it his way. Right or wrong, that's just the way it happened.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:54 pm

By the way, I saw The Raid 2: Berandal this afternoon and it's the perfect modern crime/martial arts film. Expectations were met and then some. See the first film (The Raid: Redemption) before this one, though.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08 pm

I thought you meant Star Wars for a second and I was gonna have to slap a bitch.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:35 pm

pspiddy wrote:I'm not taking away from all of Spielberg's accomplishments, of which there are many. The conversation is about Lucas doing wacky things and no one saying anything to him about it. I don't even really blame Spielberg for that Indy. He probably just rolled his eyes, told Lucas "whatever", and cashed his paycheck. It doesn't, however, make my previous statement less true.

Fair enough. My bet is that he had plenty of enablers and no one challenged him. Just the prospect of working on a Star Wars film was too good to throw away if he was directly challenged. On the flip side, I don't believe that Lucas set out to make shitty films.

Speaking of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, that's an example where I think geekdom went way over the rails on their reactions. On its own, it's an adequately effective adventure film and not this abomination that so many claim it to be. I recall the onslaught of "raped my childhood" jokes that it inspired and I hated all of that, even when it came from South Park.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:52 pm

I wasn't bothered by the new Indy movie, it wasn't my favorite but it wasn't as horrible as everyone made it out to be. I thought the above Spielberg comment was weird because when it was first brought up it was about how Lucas and Spielberg milk their franchises with remakes for money, or at least that is how it seemed applied. Can't ever recall Spielberg doing that with anything. Maybe I just read it wrong though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:36 am

I'm still going semi-strong. Thinking about watching a movie, but that would probably be the death of me. Thinking about watching Pulp Ficiton or Phantasm. Ever since they announced Phantasm V I've been wanting to watch one. If I pick one, which should I pick? First person to answer will be the one I watch if I do watch a movie.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:38 am

Pulp Fiction. Always
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:22 am

I watched an episode of Breaking Bad around 12:30. I just want to make it a few more hours before i hit the sack. Too bad I'm in Macalania Woods in FFX, that place is as calming as Rivendell or else I'd play that. I might watch some scenes of Pulp Fiction since it was the winner.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 am

Clearly I've watched that movie in the wrong way.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:01 am

Niiiiice.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:45 am

That's like if someone offered me a choice between HL1 and HL2, and I chose Haze instead.

Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:41 am

Hahaha, I would agree with that.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next