The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+8
avidacridjam
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
chocobot
Miraculous Kaydybug
ajapam
12 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 33 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by volvocrusher Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm really enjoying ReCore too. Platforming is great, especially compared to what we usually get nowadays and combat isn't the best, but it's different enough that I'm having fun. Robot companions are charming as hell too. My only real issue is the load times, which are the worst any game has had since the PSP was new. They're so bad I'm forcing myself to get better as quick as possible because I don't want to die and sit through them.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:10 am

I am also playing ReCore. I started it this morning and I'm having a great time with it. I appreciate games like this that just get you going right away. Platforming and combat feels good. Haven't gotten into the upgrade systems too much but I only played it for two hours or so. All of the reviews I read for this game were really negative because of glitches and bad load times, but I haven't encountered anything crazy yet. The load times are long, but that's what cell phones are for! I'm playing on Xbox One and I heard there were bad framerates and textures compared to the PC version. To be honest, I haven't really noticed anything and unless it causes the gameplay to slow up, it won't really bother me.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Based on your guys' praise alone I'll probably give it a shot when it drops a bit more in price.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:03 am

Beat Ace Attorney 6 today. Game surprised me, went into a good chunk of the cases thinking I'd know exactly how they'd turn out or feeling than they were copying too much from past games' plots, only for them to subvert those expectations or do something new with what they took from past games. Wouldn't recommend it if you haven't played past games though, game is huge on continuity and keeping up with all the different mechanics gets confusing if you didn't play the game they were introduced in. Still, probably my second favorite AA game after Trials and Tribulations.

Gonna put my focus back in ReCore which went a bit on the backburner when AA6 hit its final case. Those games always get really, really good during the last case.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:14 pm

I've become less into ReCore as I've played more of it. The issues and problems have started to mount the more I played. Where as before I couldn't wait to play more, now I just play some here and there. I do really appreciate the platforming when some of the other wonky things in the game aren't working against it (like when they spawn you back into instant death situations). I mean the amount of new IPs with great 3D platforming in say the last ten years is pretty low, so from that perspective its really cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:29 pm

From what I heard, there's a patch coming in soon that will fix the load times so I'm just waiting for that to jump back in.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:31 am

I got that game Song of the Deep. Only played maybe half an hour tonight. Pretty much what I expected so far.

Uncharted 4 has a new mode which is okay. I only tried it a couple times and haven't really found my footing. They brought the Village map back too which is great. Wider now and with added rope swings. I've only gotten to play it once though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Started a new game in Bloodborne since October is soon, I love Halloween related stuff, and my PS4 started having a decent internet connection after the update. Forgot how great this game is.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:02 pm

I have been playing Forza Horizon 3 the past couple of days. It looks gorgeous on Xbox One. Its locked at 30, but it never skips a beat. One of the best looking games I've seen. I enjoyed Forza Horizon 2 but I dind't feel like there was much variety in the open world. This isn't the case in FH3. You go from an urban area to a rainforest to a desert to farmland to a beach. The game has the structure of Burnout Paradise, but it also reminds me of Motorstorm Pacific Rift for its location... which are my two favorite racing games from last gen. There is also a TON of content in that game. I've logged 10 hours so far and I'm only 4% complete.

Let me know if any of you pick it up. I'd be happy to do some racing!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:40 pm

I'm not the biggest racing fan, but what I've seen on this game looks really, really good. Think I'm gonna wait until Black Friday though, MS always has really good deals then and think I can easily get it for $30 then.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm definitely looking into getting it too. I hope we get some good deals on it
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 am

Is Horizon fun singleplayer or mostly more so multiplayer? I might give it a rent, but I really don't plan on paying for Gold any time soon.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:59 pm

I have only done a few races in multiplayer and I got my butt kicked so I've been playing through the single player to get more practice. A friend of mine just picked it up and he said he wants to run through some of the single player and we were going to try the online co-op campaign in a couple of days. I'll let you guys know how that is.

Trip, I think you'd enjoy it enough just with the single player. The difficulty adjusts to how you race so it always seems just the right amount of challenging. For example there have been a few times the game has told me I have been winning too easily and it asks if I would like it to adjust the AI to give me more of a challenge. It then creates a custom difficulty level and adjusts it so every race feels competitive.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:53 am

My latest acquisition is The 7th Dragon III Code: VFD on the 3DS. I've actually been interested in the series since the first games came out on the OG DS, but this is the first time the series made it over. Anyway, a GameStop in an unexpected place not only had this game, which is a bit hard to find, but they had the Collectors' Edition. So I jumped on that shit.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a dungeon crawler, and plays like the Etrian Odyssey games, only in third person. I enjoyed the EO series, but I really prefer third-person RPGs, so that was a plus. It was apparently produced and illustrated by the main artist behind the Genesis Phantasy Star games. Good stuff. I hope they keep producing these games, hopefully on a full size console at some point.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:28 pm

I'm playing that was well. The story is nothing to write home about but the battle system is fun (if not too easy).

Finally finished Deus Ex: Manking Divided. Pretty disappointing in terms of story and pacing. Some good gameplay bits and still not a TERRIBLE game but doesn't hold a candle to Human Revolution in my mind.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Played through the Blood Ties DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Loved it. Some exploration and puzzle solving in Croft Manor with some narrative covering her family and the history of the series with a bunch of easter egg stuff. Good to be back in the manor!

I also started up Gears 4. Pretty fun. Some surprisingly beautiful environments in here. Looking forward to playing more.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm enjoying Gears 4 also. Nothing that great, but solid and fun.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:14 pm

My dad got a code for it that he passed to me...I should play it I suppose.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:29 am

Civilization VI is eating my life as anticipated @_@
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:58 am

I've been in RPG overload. Playing Dragon Quest VII for my handheld game, and damn is that game huge. I've played for almost 28 hours and the strategy guide I look at says I'm about 25-30% into the game. Damn.

I'm trying to finish all the Final Fantasy games I haven't beat (main series, none of that Crystal Chronicle stuff) before XV comes out. I know I'll probably be disappointed in XV, but it was once my favorite series and I'd like to finish the ones I haven't beat. Just beat XIII-2 and just recently started Lightning Returns. I have a month to beat it. Anyone play it, and if so what were their thoughts on it?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:12 pm

I got Superhot on sale and love this game. Think it's my GOTY right now. Basically an FPS where enemies only move when you do. Plays out more like a puzzle game and the few weapons and moves available have a good less is more approach. Story is super trippy also, kind of like if you combined Stanley Parable with the Scarecrow segments from Arkham Asylum. Right now I'm having a blast with endless mode in it, has a super addicting "one more game" quality to it to get a higher score.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:06 am

Let's see. I finished the Gears 4 campaign. I really enjoyed it. This game does such a great job with enemy variety. It keeps the combat entertaining longer than it should. I thought the final pre-credits tease about the story was cool too. I tried the multiplayer a bit, but probably won't get into it. The shotgun is definitely obnoxious. I'd love to get into Horde, but who has time to squeeze in a two-hour round of multiplayer? Plenty of people actually, but it doesn't really work for me. I wish they had a shorter version with like limited tries that ramped up faster or something.

I'm working through Rise of the Tomb Raider again too on PS4. Glad they were quick about patching the input lag/deadzone issues. I was surprised it was present in the game at all given the complaints about the Xbox One version, but at least Nixxes fixed it in a hurry (it still hasn't been fixed on Xbox One as far as I know). Mixing in the DLC here and there too. Lara's Nightmare was pretty bad (kind of expected that to be honest). Open combat isn't really Rise's strength. I still need to try Cold Darkness Awakens.

Still playing Uncharted 4 multi. Started using a new gun, the Lowe-S. Not sure if I'm better with it than my usual gun. Probably about the same, but I think I just like the change of pace.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:19 pm

I downloaded Gears 4 since I got it for free...god damn EIGHTY friggin' gigabyte install? What's in it?!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:29 pm

That's how MS does games. Stuffing them full of as many features as possible with zero compression. Wish you could download different sections separately since I have no real interest in PvP that isn't Overwatch. It's even worse if you want a patch since it copies all 80 GB then downloads the patch then gets rid of the copy. So you need 80 GB free to update the game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:21 pm

...Wut. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:39 pm

It's part of their unified windows idea since that's how smart phone games update. But for an 80 GB PC game, it's a horrible idea
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:41 pm

Bought Doom from Gamefly (yup, restarted that madness again) and I've been at work on the campaign. It's one of my favorite games of the year already.

GF also sent me Titanfall 2 but it hasn't arrived yet. Besides that, it's Overwatch and dips into Witcher 3.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:37 am

volvocrusher wrote:It's part of their unified windows idea since that's how smart phone games update. But for an 80 GB PC game, it's a horrible idea

The load times aside, a few games like that will burn through your monthly data cap in nothing flat.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:32 am

Finished the main campaign of Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4. Going to go after the last DLC I haven't played, Cold Darkness Awakened, next.

avidacridjam wrote:Bought Doom from Gamefly (yup, restarted that madness again) and I've been at work on the campaign. It's one of my favorite games of the year already.

GF also sent me Titanfall 2 but it hasn't arrived yet. Besides that, it's Overwatch and dips into Witcher 3.

I've heard great things about the Titanfall 2 campaign. I really wish I had freed up a slot on Gamefly before it came out. Probably won't be able to get it from there for a while now that I missed release. Be sure to let us know what you think of it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:23 pm

They have a Classic Mode Beta in Uncharted 4 this weekend which I am really enjoying. No sidekicks, mysticals, downs or radar. Power weapons scattered around the map. There are some things I'd tweak, but it is a lot more no-nonsense than 4's standard modes and very welcome in my opinion. I hope they can bring this mode to the game full-time in the future.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next