The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Next Gen Consoles

+20
pspiddy
Rainjar
BretBaber
AlexC-25
Nephilimi
Methane_Max
Krubixcube
chocobot
ajapam
Captain N
b.b.hagen
Bannen
avidacridjam
Motinator
TheMatt
TripOpt55
KillaAssassin11
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
24 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Next Gen Consoles - Page 11 Empty Re: Next Gen Consoles

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:09 am

Ha, perhaps it's silly to openly advertise that I emulate everything on the intarwebs. But Emulators are awesome and allow me to experience awesome classics without buying a Nintendo next gen console =p
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10 am

Oh I have no problem with people that use emulators. I just don't particularly enjoy them. It never feels right for me. I know its the same game... but it always feels off. Maybe its my conscious telling me its wrong. Haha
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:01 pm

TheMatt wrote:Oh I have no problem with people that use emulators. I just don't particularly enjoy them. It never feels right for me. I know its the same game... but it always feels off. Maybe its my conscious telling me its wrong. Haha

I have never known an emulated console game to play, look, or sound as good on a PC emulator as on either its native console or on an official Nintendo download. To me, emulated games look and sound like shit. The only stuff I've ever emulated was stuff that was completely unavailable through any other means - fan translations of never-localized games like Seiken Densetsu 3 or Tales of Phantasia and certain MAME arcade games that never had releases at home.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Maybe that's what it is. Also, the only games that I prefer mouse and keyboard over a controller are those made by Blizzard. The only game I'd love to emulate is the fan translation to Mother 3... but I've never been able to get that to work correctly.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm

TheMatt wrote:Maybe that's what it is. Also, the only games that I prefer mouse and keyboard over a controller are those made by Blizzard. The only game I'd love to emulate is the fan translation to Mother 3... but I've never been able to get that to work correctly.

Every emulator I've seen supports USB gamepads. I use a Logitech controller laid out like a PlayStation controller myself. But the gameplay seems off and the graphics and sound are always absolute shit compared to how the games look and sound on a regular console.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:27 pm

I haven't had much trouble emulating anything that isn't disc-based, though I've mostly just used them for Nintendo games. Project 64 can actually make N64 games look better than ever and it's super easy to set up a controller. The only problem I had with it was getting the analog sensitivity right. There was another SNES emulator that was pretty good, too. I'd still prefer virtual console games on a 3DS, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeah, never emulated anything either. There was a time I was going to consider it but didn't. I have no problem with people who do it, I just don't do it myself because like Matt said, it feels just off to me. And as for more games, E3 will either make or break the Wii U, so hopefully Nintendo can turn everything around for them.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm still reading through some of this, but this page seems to have some details in it about the Xbox One connectivity and used game stuff:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Well at the three links on that page.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 am

It's definitely not the same but buying a SNES and compatible TV are a bit out of the cards.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Actually I've been wondering: if Sony does the same kind of things MS is doing would you still get a PS4. No way I'd put up with always online and restricted used games especially since I have no clue what my financial and internet situation will be 3 years from now. But what about the rest of you?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Always requiring an internet connection is a deal breaker for me.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

If the PS4 pulls the crap MS is doing then no thanks.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Yeah...it comes down to companies treating the consumers with respect. Which this doesn't at all. This has been a pretty shitty series of announcements because you know what htey're not announcing? F-ing GAMES for the damn things, which is the only thing we care about.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Right, it's the games that make the console.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm glad the press and gamers alike are just killing MS for this stuff.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Sure. Here are a few:

Polygon

Xbox One's game licensing policy was written from the ground up for companies. It's aggressively anti-consumer and anti-middle class, and it outright ignores underprivileged gamers. It's gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly and out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations.

Eurogamer

The fact that Microsoft's policies governing game ownership, sharing and privacy are not surprising does not make them any less devastating to consumer rights, should they be formally adopted and become a standard. They sacrifice our freedom to own and trade games for no other reason than corporate self-interest.

Nowgamer

If one thing was made transparently clear with the latest round of Xbox One announcements, it's that Microsoft is no longer worried about pleasing you.

I could add some more.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:38 am

pspiddy wrote:I still don't get the whole piracy thing. Not that people do or do not do it, but that they want to take sides. The more I read about the facade of anti-piracy, the less fucks I give. The more I read about how it sells more legit copies, the less fucks I give.

Gaming is a serious hobby for me. If these consoles can't hack it (no pun...or pun if you'd like) I can find other ways to spend cash. I just want to play games, damnit.

This randomness brought to you by reading the "Spin-offs" thread. No, emulators don't hold a candle to the original platform.

On consoles, the boogeyman is the used-game market, which from the standpoint of the suits in the executive boardroom of a publisher, is pretty much the same thing as piracy. They'd charge admission for every single person if they could find a way. But does Ubisoft seriously think eliminating used games will make Assassin's Creed magically jump from 10 million copies sold to 20 million copies sold? Does EA really think eliminating used games will turn its finances around? Maybe if they'd stop pissing away money buying and gutting studios they'd make more money? SMH.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:44 am

They've proved numerous times there is no link, I repeat NO link between people pirating things and a loss of sales. They also proved in studies that people who pirate and consume media (as in buy it) buy more than people who ONLY buy media and don't pirate at all.

Now I'm all for fighting shoddy business practices at companies like gamespot. Am I completely against used games as an institution? Fuck no. If someone wants to trade in their games and get a bit of money back towards another purchase or buy a game for $20 cheaper that's cool with me.

It's an industry that doesn't want to accept responsibility for:

1. The fact their industry has grown and inevitably is going to start getting piracy/things that take away from their bottom line. Movies were completely safe when you could only consume them in celluloid/freakout comes when VHS makes it possible watch/copy shit. Music was completely safe when you couldn't take it away from the performance/freakout when people can copy it and share it...etc etc.

2. The fact that they're not innovating in gameplay/making better games. You know why profits are down? Because they're spending $4 million to make some piece of shit 3rd person shooter that has the gameplay quality of a wet piece of cardboard. So when that profit doesn't come back the only reason they can think of is "THE DAMN PIRATES/USED MARKET!"

In my ever present stance to remain neutral on all things I can see why certain aspects of the used game industry are bullshit. I'm happy to rally against companies like gamestop who try to weasel out of putting new merchandise on their shelves and treat their employees like shit. But yeah, it's definitely the boogeyman of our time.

And I'm hoping that consumers can actually make a stand and either force them to change their console design to take out this anti-consumer bullshit or let them die by not buying the next round just because it's new.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:25 am

There was actually a few in some US universities as well (I'm fairly sure)
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:03 pm

my biggest problem with this shit is M$ is trying to pass it off as some kind of innovation like its good for us. Sony may be doing the same things, but at least they aren't lying to us, spreading false information and treating us like sheep (yet anyways) Hell even EA didnt try and pass their fucking online passes off as shit like Microsoft is trying to tell us its fucking DRM is. M$ is basically treating us all like fucking idiots and telling us to buy it just cause its a shiny new console.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 pm

My bet is they will slightly underbid Microsoft. It will probably still have DRM just a little less than the Xbone enough to win some people over.

Though i do hope im wrong and it has no DRM that would be really nice.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:02 am

I think MS is going to do some redesigns on the console...I think consumer pressure will force some of the features out.

That is if people aren't like "FUCK MICROSOFT...here's my money though."
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next