The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 6 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Rainjar Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:17 pm

volvocrusher wrote:I had an issue with my Wii and 360. Fortunately with both of those, I got a replacement one sent back for free that worked like a champ. Unfortunately the 360 one happened on my birthday when I got Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead as presents, I was so pissed.

I quit using the 360 after I had 3 of them break within 2 months and then Halo 3, which had just come out, wouldn't work. Just remembering how I reacted to those things all breaking and the shit my mother and that poor customer service adviser had to deal with... Nothing but pure cringe and embarrassment, especially when part of my job is now dealing with customers on the phone.

I've emailed Sony to try and find out how much a replacement may cost. If it's over £100, which it more than likely will be, they can suck my dick. If it's less than that then I may consider rolling with it because in all honesty there's more chance of it being fixed from a drop out the window than me opening it up and replacing parts. PS3 repairs, dentist appointments, all in the same pay month I was planning to go to Germany. Apprenticeship wages only go so far goddamn it!
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:14 am

I'm hoping to beat Xillia before FFX releases. Shouldn't be a problem since I'm getting the Vita version, but I know I'll just be laying in bed playing FFX on my Vita and ignoring Xillia if it isn't done by then, which it probably won't be.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:04 pm

First world problems, eh chaps?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:19 pm

I finished God of War Ascension. They have some neat ideas like the new grapple and buttonless minigames. But for every good idea there is one I dislike like the change to the parry system. And it just feels lacking in a lot of what I really love about the series at its best and overall feels a bit underwhelming.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 am

Played a bit of Strider. So far it's fantastic, really knows how to nail the Metroidvania formula.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:47 am

Trip, were you super excited to kill Hermes in God of War 3? I swear I'm the only person that loved chopping off that taunting dick's legs.

"You can't get me Kratos! You're not quick enough Kratos!" One of the best feelings ever playing a game when I finally caught that little bitch.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:10 am

There is a FUCKING HUGE difficulty spike in Lightning Returns after the end of 12th day. It comes like a freight train head straight into your fucking face. It takes a while to recover from that blow, but its pretty great once you do. Just have to stop screaming at my TV. My throat hurts so bad, and shit i lost to the final boss on his final form. Will retry tommorow. You really have to be prepared for this fuckre.

This game is probably one of my favorite games tbh, but its brutal near the end. I will probably break shit playing it on hard mode.

With that said i would recommend playing it on easy the first time around. It's combat is really different, and even though it all starts out fairly easy it gets progressively harder and harder with each day. It's really great though, but damn.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Because what better way to answer the question of "What am I doing with my life. I've achieved nothing in these 19 years and I still live in this boring as fuck town. I'm wasting my life and learning nothing" than getting addicted to DOTA 2 again. Started playing Nyx Assassin just because Persona 3. He's fun as hell, having to creep around and sneaking up on enemies to just wombocombo the shit out of them with high damage and stuns is awesome seeing as I usually play full no damage support 90% of the time
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Renting Killzone Mercenary. Hopefully it goes better for me than Shadow Fall.

BretBaber wrote:Trip, were you super excited to kill Hermes in God of War 3?  I swear I'm the only person that loved chopping off that taunting dick's legs.  

"You can't get me Kratos!  You're not quick enough Kratos!"  One of the best feelings ever playing a game when I finally caught that little bitch.
Not as much as you I guess... haha. He was being a cock, so it was pretty satisfying. Not really one of the standout moments in the series for me though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 pm

His annoying voice and constant nagging was like listening to a younger brother that got something that you wanted. Oh man, he was annoying. And to finally get him and cut off those legs that move so fast was just comical and gratifying way to defeat him.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:34 am

I'm a sucker for scale so the Cronos fight was amazing for me despite being pretty easy. But as I said, I'm a sucker so...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:14 am

Would people participate if I whipped up one of those questionaire type threads for God of War?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:49 pm

DOTA is funny. Ended up laning with a Bristleback who almost got himself killed right at the start yet had the balls to bitch at me for missing a stun trying to save him (Which I still did) which would of lead to us getting a kill. Guy started shit talking and telling me to go to a different lane so I told him to fuck off. I stuck around and let him get last hits because he called lane first while I was focusing getting some creep denies up in that bitch, then I started pulling out the stuns and we had a dinner fit for kings which led to our entire team snowballing like crazy.

"See Bristle, we're doing good"
"Yeah man, thanks to you! Ty man!"

And then we had fun casually joking about with each other when I missed a stun. It's not often you meet decent people on DOTA but when you do it's great.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 pm

I'd participate Mr. Trip.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:09 am

Playing DOTA with friends is one of the best multiplayer gaming experiences I've ever had. Playing DOTA with randoms can be the worst. It is always such a huge and pleasant surprise when you randomly come across someone, or a group of people who are fun and decent. Normally its just angry Russians yelling at you telling you that your mother is a mother fuck. DOTA has its charms, you gotta take the good with the bad!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 am

ALMOST done with Devil Survivor 2 I think but it's done that annoying thing where the boss battles are WAY harder than the free battles so it's impossible to grind. And even if I just need demons to fuse, I still have to grind for money to summon back demons after fusion so BLEH. Enjoying it but still annoyed.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 am

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't know what DOTA is. I don't even know what DOTA stands for.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 am

DOTA is home to some of the best and worst online experiences with friends. There are times where you're all laughing and making next level tricks happen but to balance that there are the times you'll spend 30 minutes over Skype arguing because one of used an ability in the match-deciding fight a little too late causing you all to end up losing.

I haven't lost a match since going back to DOTA yet, just waiting for the losing streak to start any match now...

@Bret, it's an extremely addictive game with a ton of depth where split seconds have the ability to decide entire hour long matches. It's like League of Legends but without the casual safety net bullshit for scrubs thus making it a million times better.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:29 am

I have flirted with going back to DOTA. I've played a few games here and there in the past couple of weeks. I like all the new heroes they've added. A lot of my friends on here who I played with have moved on to other things. No one really seems to interested in picking it back up again... so that has a lot to do with it. We really didn't have any bad experiences, except for those games where you play a group of semi-pros and we would get steam rolled. But even that is fun in a comical, we are horrible, kind of way.
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah, it's difficult to get back into without friends. My mate who is the only one I really enjoyed playing it with was dangerously addicted to it so he's trying to avoid it for now, which is made much easier due to his new Persona addiction.

Ordered some replacement parts for my PS3 in the hopes of fixing it. I've got my PS3 all laid out on the side and I have the end of this week off from work so gonna fix it then. Really, really, really, REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this works otherwise I just wasted quite a bit of money and time. Had to resist the urge of purchasing an Asuka figure I saw on Ebay while buying the spare parts too. It wasn't easy.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:19 pm

I haven't moved on from DOTA... I just have no computer to play it on. If anybody wants to send me a good gaming PC I'll gladly get back into it  afro 
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:11 pm

I don't even have a good gaming PC. Mine is just serviceable. So you're on your own, sir! But if you ever get a hold of one, we should definitely get back into it... That, or the Blizzard one whenever that comes out!
TheMatt
TheMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Been making my way through Persona 3 lately. Definitely a different tone than Persona 4 has but I am enjoying it quite a bit. Other than that I'm just playing a few rounds of Spelunky and Smart As pretty much everyday. Fun games to play and look at scores to compare against friends.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:13 am

Jumped back into Metro: Last Light. In the amount of time it's taken me to get where I am, Half-Life 2 managed to set up a better world & story and had long since set me on my way. Meanwhile, in Metro, I've played one level so far and been led me through every other one. I still barely even know how to play the game, because it won't let me learn. It's Ni No Kuni all over again, except in this case they were cruel enough to tease me with a gameplay section that was actually pretty good
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:06 am

I started up Killzone Mercenary. Did not like it at all at first, but it has grown on me a bit. The first level included something I hate. When it feels like there is no thought put into enemy placement. I'm not saying there wasn't thought put into it, but it felt like there wasn't, so what is the difference. And then the save/glitch combo issue I ran into stunk. But the third mission got it back in my good graces a bit.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:13 am

I thought you were talking about Shadow Falls on twitter. No bad save points happened to me on Mercenary, but that's mainly because I would always just put the game on hold.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next