The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion Empty Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:37 am

Thought I'd make this thread with Korra season 2 starting next week. Pretty excited, just hope they can do more with Mako and Bolin's characters. They did the job, but Bolin felt like a weak Sokka (from Airbender) while Mako didn't have enough to him. I'm looking forward to seeing Bumi (Tenzin's older brother who looks exactly like Bumi from Airbender. Awesome) and to see them explore the rest of the world and see what's changed. Also Aubrey Plaza's supposed to play one of Korra's cousins so that's a plus.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion Empty Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 pm

I had intended to watch The Last Airbender this past year but never did. Still going to keep watching Korra. I might need to refresh myself on the goings on of Season 1. Feels like its been a while.

Also randomly saw this on a Lego site I go to (someone's custom design not a real set). Thought it was pretty cool:

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion 9692210103_0def84b91d_z
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion Empty Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:27 am

That's so awesome. Airbender is still worth watching even with the spoilers in Korra like Toph mastering metal bending. The characters are very well written, the action's fantastic, and it's just a very well done show. Somewhere in my top 10 shows of all time.
Would be top 5 if season 1 was as good as 2 and 3, but they played the whole Aang is a kid thing too much and there was a lot less action and more teasing that eventually Aang and Katara may actually fight these guys rather than just use their bending to escape. Also it didn't have Toph and she was one of the best characters on it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:56 am

Premiere Spoilers...

Man Korra was kind of annoying in the premiere. I mean when I'm like, "Ummm... Mako is right Korra..." something might be wrong. Hopefully the end means she will cool it a bit. I honestly thought that last bit (opening the portal) wasn't going to go so well though I guess the bad part is more what it might lead to with the ending tease. It really should be fun seeing more of the world. Pretty enjoyable couple episodes. I had a bunch of laughs. Bolin sliding down in the inflatable suit with the fireferret on him comes to mind. The new businessman guy had a funny sequence.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 am

Yeah, Korra was a little too crabby. She doesn't seem to channel her uncertainty as well as Aang did, felt so much better then. Really hope that's just a by product of her being pissed at Tenzin and her father otherwise it'll really hurt this season. I had a feeling the portal itself wouldn't be the issue, it would be somewhere else, I was more guessing the Air Temple, but what happened seems more interesting.

Bolin definitely had better material though. Those two twins are the perfect pair for him, and Aubrey Plaza was great casting for his...I guess it's girlfriend. Bumi and Tenzin's sister also look like they could give some laughs and I really hope that business man plays a big role in this season. Reminds me of the Earth King in Airbender.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Korra was definitely better this episode than the last one. She was still pissed, but it was more understandable and calmed down when she needed to. Like the banter between Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya. Aang being not the best father actually seems pretty fitting in hindsight. Bolin is staying as funny as he was the last episode, he might be the highlight. Interested to see where the plot goes from here.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I finally watched last week's (Civil Wars Part 1). Was pretty good and Korra being pissy seemed to payoff at the end a bit when she became contrite. The side plot with the trip between Tenzin and his siblings has been fun too. Still need to watch this past Friday's episode.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 pm

God damn, that platypus bear shit had me laughing so hard. Everything about it was so brilliant. Loved Korra threatening that judge too. Really excited to see what happens between Bolin and his girlfriend after that ending. And how they pair up with Tenzin again, Bolin and Bumi are too great to not pair together.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:08 am

This last one was great. Really funny like you said with the platypus bear, but even a line like "You can sit next to Blueberry Spice Head" was funny. And just Bolin and the fireferret (I can never remember its name) coming in dressed all goofy. Some cool action too. Really liked this episode a lot.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Episode was just okay. It was clearly just building up for next week, which I'm still excited over. Seeing Mei and Iroh again was fun at least. And Bolin was good as ever, though I was disappointed Korra's first confrontation with his ex didn't have him around.

Mostly was just Korra and Mako getting pissed over everything though.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Caught up and am really excited to see where things go from here. Like that both sides are being morally corrupt in this with the twist from two weeks ago. Also LOVED the Avatar's origin story. That was really well done.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Didn't see last night's yet but the origin story was super cool.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 am

Great episode for this week, like that they made it one hour. Action was just fantastic, Bolin's fight, Korra's dad, and the assault on the base were so damn great. Really good humor too between Verick's prison cell and anything involving Bumi. Also like what Unaloq is trying to do with being the dark Avatar, excited to see where it goes.

Only things that disappointed me were that the love triangle between Korra, Mako, and Asami is really getting old and there wasn't anything between Bolin and his ex.

Apparently we can watch the last two episodes online too, may do that tomorrow.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Finally caught the finale yesterday. Gonna be spoilers here so be warned

Spoiler:

For the season:

Pros:
+Bolin was a lot funnier, the writers nailed him down this season
+Verrick and the twins were both amazing additions
+Avatar origin story was really well done
+Final episodes' fight scenes were just fantastic
+That episode where they flee from the South using the platypus bear as a disguise
+Unalaq's plan had a really cool twist

Cons
-Mako's still boring
-Korra in the beginning was pretty annoying. Once the plot got rolling she was fine though, but still a low point
-The love triangle overstayed it's welcome
-Asami felt a little too shoehorned at times
-Little from Mei Bei Fong
-Unalaq wasn't as interesting as Amon.
-Episodes too hit or miss.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 am

That was much better than the season 2 premiere. Like how we're getting a whole new team of villains rather than a single one and I really hope that this new one is Azula like it appears to be. Mako's new discomfort with Korra and Asami actually kept him from being bland for the first time too. And that new kid Kai looks like a fun addition, as does the setup. Really looking forward to this season.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 am

I liked it. I thought the map bit where there faces were changing as people turned them down and Bolin's Mako impression were particularly hilarious.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:49 am

Looks like Nick is showing one more episode from this season on its channel and then we'll have to watch the rest online. They said they'll have more info at Comic-Con. Not sure how they'll handle book 4 after this since it's already ordered in the contract.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Weird. That is too bad. I think this season has been much better than last based on what I've seen (I am a couple episodes back).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Outside one filler episode it has been a huge improvement. Better villains, no stupid love triangle, builds on what happened last season, and had the common sense to keep Verrick. That guy so needs his own spin-off.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:51 pm

Last episode was pretty great. Love the villains' motivation and the twist at the end. Here's the link for where you can watch the rest of the season http://www.nick.com/legend-of-korra/
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:56 am

I finally caught up on the episodes since it was relegated to online. It has been great. Loved the fight at the end of the latest episode.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:14 am

That fight scene was fantastic. Not sure if they're actually going to kill off Tenzin after that, but this franchise has had some bigger shockers. Really like that we finally got to see air vs air, since we've had every other element. Also really liked that Tenzin was beating Zaheer until he got help. Was afraid they'd try to make Zaheer as too much of a badass by making him beat the most talented airbender in the world after only knowing it a few months.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:30 am

Premiere was good. Can't wait until that new prince gets what's inevitably coming to him. Also really glad Verrick seems to still be a part of the cast. Though wish we got more out of Korra than just her fighting at the end. Wanted to know what happened to her more than anyone else.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Pretty cool they skipped ahead in time a few years. I do wish there was more Korra, but I really enjoyed the premiere.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:29 am

That last episode was fantastic. Reminded me of Zuko alone (one of my favorites from TLA) while tackling Korra's issues. And so glad to see Toph is back. She was my favorite character in TLA
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Glad Korra's out of the swamp now. Took a little longer than I'd like, but seeing Tenzin's kids go on a search for her was a lot of fun. Toph was perfect and I really hope she comes back for the finale. Hoping for something great next episode.

Also binged a little Last Airbender rewatching it while filling out some stuff today. Finally got to the point where the good and okay episodes go away and it's nothing but great ones. Every character gets more interesting, the humor works better, Azula is introduced and still the best Avatar villain. I think you'd also like how many more kinds of animals there are Trip. Just finished one with a saber toothed moose lion.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Episode was decent, but mostly just setup. Wanted a little more in terms of action and plot progression since they spent such a long time catching us up on what happened and getting Korra back to her old self. Also not really feeling Kuvera as a villain yet. She has a cool new angle, but doesn't feel as threatening or interesting as Amon or Zaheer.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Yeah you kind of nailed it there. This was an alright episode. It seems to have things set up really well for a big episode next week. I hope at least.

I'll definitely be going back for the original series at some point when this is done. I've really been enjoying Korra in S3 and the start of 4. Saber-toothed moose lion sounds awesome... haha.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Much more on board with Kuvira as a villain after that episode. Liked how they showed how much she wants to prove herself by taking on Korra one on one then kicking her ass. Also really interested to see what she has in mind with that doomsday weapon. Feels a lot like the Fire Nation from Airbender.

The Varrick and Bolin subplot was also great. Love how they're integrating Varrick more into this plot.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:52 am

That wasn't what I was expecting from an episode called "Battle of Zaofu" but it was really cool. The one on one fight was a neat idea. Varrick stole the episode though. He was cracking me up.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next