by Krubixcube Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 am

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mr. Robot Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mr. Robot Discussion

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:41 am

A thread to discuss Mr. Robot. Make sure you have watched the latest episode before reading.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr. Robot Discussion

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:08 am

I enjoyed the premiere episode(s).The direction and look of the show remains unique and just plain cool-looking. Great performances once again from most of the cast. And the music both licensed and original is so good. Great selection and placement.

It did feel a little scattered at times as they checked in with so many different spots both new characters and old. But I imagine the somewhat disorienting feel of it all is pretty intentional at this point given some of the series' subject matter. I liked the introduction of the lawyer for E-Corp. Really enjoyed the scenes with Darlene. I also enjoyed seeing the effects hinted at and just straight up shown of what has happened because of the hack and how it isn't all working out so easily for fsociety.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of that missed time with Elliot and Tyrell which with their contact at the end, I hope we'll be delving into more soon. Something fishy is definitely going on with Elliot's scenes. The whole structure of it. I saw a theory that he may be in a mental institute or something of that nature. Not sure how I feel about that. It certainly fits and I definitely noticed things off especially with his interactions with other characters (something the first season certainly trained me to watch for with Elliot), but it kind of feels like it is trying to recapture the whole first season debate too much maybe. But speculation and theorizing was definitely a big part of the fun of Season 1 too... so yeah I don't know. Of course, it might not even be the case, so I guess I should just wait and see how it goes.

Anyway, glad the show is back. I enjoyed getting back into this world and checking in with these characters. This premiere wasn't as impactful to me as the first season premiere, but I guess it didn't really have to be either.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top