The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What have you been listening to?

+10
Motinator
TheMatt
Krubixcube
AlexC-25
ajapam
pspiddy
BretBaber
avidacridjam
Miraculous Kaydybug
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 9 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:09 pm

I ended up listening to that Haim album more recently that you suggested Twolf and I do enjoy it. It definitely lines up with stuff I listen to so was a good suggestion. Also I'm trying to catch up with more 2013 albums for year-end list discussions!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

What have you been listening to? - Page 9 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 am

This London Grammar album is pretty good. Anyone heard this?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:05 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I ended up listening to that Haim album more recently that you suggested Twolf and I do enjoy it. It definitely lines up with stuff I listen to so was a good suggestion. Also I'm trying to catch up with more 2013 albums for year-end list discussions!
Glad you enjoyed it Very Happy  Any particular tracks that you like?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 am

I had been listening to it and not really paying attention to track names (you know while I'm busy doing gym workouts, chopping up firewood, grooming my mustache, real manly stuff). Anywho, gave it a listen tonight while paying attention and I'll say "Forever," "Don't Save Me," and "My Song 5."
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Jack White's up to no good again. If you're a fan of Alison Mosshart from The Kills you should dabble into The Dead Weather, Jack and Alison are a great musical pair.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:29 pm

I was just about to tell Trip about Haim... You stole my thunder, Twolf! Some of their songs feel a bit to 80s-ish for me, though.

Anyway I guess I've been gone for a while but I've been scouring through some year-end lists to find more music. I've mostly been listening to Chance the Rapper and Russian Circles. I've been in a metal mood recently for some reason, so I'm really enjoying the latter.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:00 am

Oh, Zorak.

That clever boy Brak thought it would be a good idea to make a play with a mixture of Oklahoma and Psycho. It was a good idea.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:43 am

Not sure if anyone here uses Spotify, but I made up a playlist with songs taken from my favorite albums of 2013. Thought some people might want a link.

http://open.spotify.com/user/tripopt55/playlist/642BBjaZc1gRyT36Y7cQho

No real idea how linking playlists works. Hopefully that does! Definitely need an account though a free one should do I think. Also I could send it to anyone interested, so it will pop up in your app as opposed to the web version which this one does I think.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 am

Nice list, Trip. I'm following you on Spotify as well.

Recently, I've listened to the soundtracks to Wolf of Wall Street and The World's End. Spotify doesn't carry those particular titles but some users have made playlists with the songs from both films.

Still catching up with some '13 albums, mostly in the metal genre. The recent Carcass album is still impressive.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks for the follow avid! Feel free to send me some music on there if you ever feel the urge to.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Is anybody looking forward to anything in particular this year?

I just read that Caribou and Mastadon might be releasing new albums this year so I'm pretty excited about that. Mastadon is my favorite metal band
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Daniel Johns of Silverchair will be releasing his solo album, and since I haven't got an album from him since 2007, I'm very excited about this. After that I am next looking forward to Jack White's new solo album. Two of my favorite living artist putting out music is never a bad thing.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm not really sure what's coming this year. I'm not great on keeping track of new releases. Imogen Heap's album is the only one that comes to mind.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:57 am

- I'm a big fan of Beck's Sea Change album so his upcoming album (Morning Phase, which is said to be a spiritual successor) sounds great.
- Johnny Cash has an unreleased album coming out. This was recorded in the early 80s but hasn't seen the light of day until now.
- Drive-By Truckers
- Adele
- Foo Fighters
- Mastodon
- U2. I hope this is a better turnout than the previous album.
- Fleet Foxes
- Agalloch
- Alcest
- The spin-off Archer album that has country songs sung by Cherylene
- Slayer (without Jeff Hannamen, I don't know how to feel about this)
- Pallbearer (they're an excellent doom metal band that hails from Arkansas; their first album was fantastic)
- Opeth (well, I hope it comes out this year; this is my favorite band overall)
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:52 am

I don't think anyone here is into electronic type music but, just in case, I started listening to Kavinsky's 2013 album and it's pretty great. Reminds me a lot of JUSTICE
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 am

I watched Milan come back from being down a goal and scoring 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to win. Much better choice than the grammy's.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 am

Dang, I wished I could've watched the Grammy's. One of the only times left when not having cable sucks.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 am

I thought the NIN/QOTSA closer got cut out of the broadcast. Trent Reznor made a big fuss of it.

I'm biased because I like Daft Punk but a lot of the actual awards didn't seem too bad this time around, either. Except for a 7 year old Led Zeppelin live recording winning best rock album for some reason.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

hmmmm digital antenna. Why have I not looked into this before? Or wait—isn't antenna TV totally gone now?
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm

For the first time in a probably forever I heard decent music on the radio yesterday. Looked the band up and it turns out the whole album is great.

Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Here is some stuff I've listened to lately:

Crosses - Crosses: This is a side project of Chino Moreno (Deftones) and some dude I am not familiar with. Pretty cool sound.

BOY - Mutual Friends: Not sure where I bumped into this but I enjoyed it.

Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton: Not new, but it is the singer from Metric, so might be enjoyable to some that enjoyed that when I brought it up before. Been listening to it again lately.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:20 pm

I've been going back to a lot of classic rock bands recently. Mostly 60s and early 70s stuff. AKA the peak of hit music.

I've also wandered a bit into krautrock for the first time. Specifically Can and Faust. There's some pretty interesting stuff there but nothing I've fallen in love with yet
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Here is CHVRCHES covering Lorde's "Team" which is right up my alley! Skip to 3:30 in the video to get to the song itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRWIKLxaKhM
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:12 am

Been taking a history of rock and roll class, which made me download a bunch of songs I needed to know (just YouTubed the ones I don't like as much). There's quite a bit of Beatles in there, which obviously makes me happy. Also found out that I really like Bob Dylan and The Animals.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum