The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What have you been listening to?

+10
Motinator
TheMatt
Krubixcube
AlexC-25
ajapam
pspiddy
BretBaber
avidacridjam
Miraculous Kaydybug
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 14 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 am

It's real, and the lyrics are completely serious. It's from 2008 but i just heard it this week. I was laughing for like over an hour the first time i heard it. It's not really a good song, but I love it for how stupid it is.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

What have you been listening to? - Page 14 Empty Re: What have you been listening to?

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:11 am

Still better than Stupid Hoe

Heard this song on the radio and loved it. It's my favorite discovery through the radio in years

Also been listening to Patten's debut album. It's not exactly mindblowing overall but I love the opener. Right up my alley as far as electronic music is concerned
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:17 am

If only you would have been paying attention to my posts, you could have been listening to Phantogram for months now!

I've been listening to MØ's No Mythologies to Follow album recently. Enjoying it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Well... I knew I had heard of them somewhere! To be honest I don't feel like I have time to check out half of the things posted here, so eventually I just forget about them Sad
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:56 pm

I have been in a bit of a music funk lately. I just got transferred at work and have a significantly longer commute now. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations? The last albums I listened to were the new Black Keyes and Jack White albums. It could be full albums or even singles. Give me something to rock out to as I drive/sit in traffic!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Maybe you've listened to this album, but if you haven't you need to.  This is the opening song, and it screams "Drive time commute." If you have listened to this and liked it and haven't listened to ....Like Clockwork, then that's another fine album.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 am

Songs for the Deaf is one of my favorite albums ever. That song you posted is amazing as well. I'll have to listen to that tomorrow afternoon while I'm stuck in traffic for an hour!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:45 am

Queens of the Stone Age is just too good not to get picked.  My favorite's Songs for the Death, but Rated R is awesome as well.  

Ha, Godsmack.  "I'm not the one who's so far away."  Seems like the power balance shifted towards the better in the end.  Godsmack wasn't the worst band from my youth though, I definitely had a lot to choose from during my high school days.

pspiddy, was it Rated R that you bought? It can't be that album, that's the one that I think propelled them to fame.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:14 am

My high school days, the big popular bands were....

Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Ricky Martin, boy bands, Godsmack, and that's all I even care to try and think of. Hurts my heart just thinking about their immense popularity.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 am

Oh, and Matt, I think I'll join you tomorrow and listen to Songs for the Deaf. I don't have a long drive, but listening to it on the way, during breaks, and going home should be enough time to finish it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:17 am

Mine really isn't too different from what I listen to now.

My favorite bands back then were Nirvana, Silverchair, Placebo, and Hole. Although I consider Silverchair to be one of my favorite bands, the fact that they split up and only released 5 albums kind of hurts their Bret Baber Top Band position, but their album Diorama came out my senior year and is my favorite album that isn't In Utero or Nevermind.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:21 am

I listened to punk in highschool, AFI, Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, Rise Against, NOFX mostly what i listen to now tbh. Minus the j-pop and vocaloid stuff

What was popular was rap, and not the good stuff shit like 50 Cent. That reminds of that kid who bought an Xbox just to play Bulletproof. He was a genius.

The only good 50 Cent track is this

Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:35 am

My favorite bands in high school were Blink 182 and the Deftones probably. I listened to a lot of punk music and hard rock (or whatever the Deftones are considered). NOFX, Pennywise, Millencolin, Incubus. All that kind of stuff I guess. I must be getting old because I just can't get into the loud stuff anymore so early Deftones is too far out of my wheelhouse now. Blink, Millencolin and even Deftones' White Pony I still enjoy, but I don't listen to it often.

College for me was stuff like DeathCab for Cutie, Elliott Smith, Imogen Heap, Bright Eyes, The Killers and so on. I still listen to all of that kind of stuff, but have more recently been into that kind of indie rock with an electronic feel I guess. Metric, Tegan and Sara and Chvrches.

I don't listen to rap as much as I used to, but my tastes are still pretty similar. Jay-Z, older Talib Kweli/Mos Def/Common are my faves.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 am

Back in high school I was a metalhead. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Behemoth, Mastodon. Pretty different from the smooth classic rock I like today. I still listen to those every now and then, but not close to as much as I used to. Everything the other people listened to was crap. That's as much as I know.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:22 am

I mostly listened to metal in high school, along with industrial and some emo crap too. Some of my favorite bands were As I Lay Dying, Job for a Cowboy, Suicide Silence, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Chiodos... my taste in music was quite different back then. I'm sure my high school self never imagined I'd be listening to j-pop like I do now.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:20 pm

In high school I listened to Muse a lot, which led to Queen. Then I got into more classic rock before settling on Pink Floyd as my favorite band. Then I started listening to a ton of progressive rock and metal because of that. Eventually I ended up listening to Radiohead and I've pretty much stuck with them since. There's also some industrial and punk in there somewhere and most of it was pretty mediocre

I think My Chemical Romance was pretty huge around grade 9/10. Billy Talent was popular among the rock kids, and it still is I think. Everybody else listened to standard pop or country, except for the posers who liked garbage rap like Soulja Boy
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:28 pm

High School was a weird mix of Muse, Tool, classical music (since me and my friend were self-learning the piano at the time), soundtracks, The Beatles...and now I still listen to weird mix of stuff.

Hell, I still listen to most all of those things. I guess I haven't grown up musically. However, like ajapam Muse led into Queen and the basics of classical led into more obscure composers and still do so I guess I'm still evolving.

My g/f was into all the emo stuff at that time so I definitely got my fill of all that stuff too which is funny because personality wise she's a much happier person than me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:15 pm

I only listen to music that I consider to be depressing. The more depressing the better in my opinion. Just like your g/f, I'm more of a friendly/happier person than most. I like to listen to dark/depressing music by myself, and I guess that makes me happier when I'm with others.

In high school I used to be all about the riffs and the rock, now I love stuff like Bright Eyes and Radiohead. Alternative rock will always be my favorite, as long as they don't consider stuff like Nickelback alternative rock. Seems like unfitting bands get thrown into the term.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:22 pm

I do feel like Alternative Rock has become a blanket term.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:34 pm

It's dumb because "alternative" is a relative term and what it's an alternative to is always changing
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:35 am

That's true. I suppose it's like "Indie" in all genres of everything I guess. It doesn't really mean what it meant anymore.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:44 am

Alternative rock in the 90's only meant good things. Not really the case anymore.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:29 am

Started listening to albums by Mogwai. Really, really good.

Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum