The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

+2
ajapam
BretBaber
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 am

BretBaber wrote:There's different chapters?  I prefer the dog.  Quiet sometimes doesn't even follow me into missions.  Anyone know how to remedy this? 

You need her bond level at around 3 before she'll even listen to you (the talk command will become "cover me") you also need to select a point for her go into buddy deployment from the iDroid, Quiet (attack) and just pick a location for her on the map
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Post by BretBaber Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks. I think I have her almost maxed out on loyalty, but I still prefer D-Dog. The only way D-Dog could be better is if it was one of my three pet cats.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:09 am

Yeah, took me a while that you have to manually place her. It kind of annoys me that she'll mark enemies while she's aiming at them but they wont stay marked.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:20 am

If you use her scout command she will permanently mark enemies prisoners and other things in an outpost however she wont ever get them all
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:22 am

Does anyone else have the same glitch as me? Whenever I got on my helicopter to leave, and Quiet jumps on to board with me, she'll either have a bloody costume on, or she'll be transparent for a second. It's just a little graphical glitch, but I can't think I'm the only one that has it so I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a patch to fix it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:54 pm

Probably just low on the list of game crashing bugs.

But I need to say this because I just need to but...

Spoiler:
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:58 am

Isn't that what every Metal Gear game does, though?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Is there a way to skip the helicopter segments? When I'm flying from one part of Mother Base to another, it shouldn't take 3 minutes. Give me a sight seeing option or a get the fuck over there already option.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 pm

The travel between Motherbase is ABSURD
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:37 pm

To be honest I stopped going to Mother Base. Forget about morale, I'll just get more dudes.

Also you should use box travel on MB. Cheaper and faster.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:10 am

I wish they'd mark those on the map. I know they exist but I've only found one so far after like...40 hours.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:22 pm

There's one at every major outpost, you just have to scout a bit for the orange platform. I wish they were put further away from all of the enemies though. Some of them feel like they're impossible to leave without being detected.

At mother base they're all right next to the helipads I believe
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:41 pm

So, I have to ask, is Mission 31 the final mission? It would sure seem that way, but my strategy guide shows 19 other missions. I'm confused. Also, that's a real cop out with Skull Face.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Trust me, you'll be even more pissed. Answer...Yes, but NO! There's a whole chapter TWO after that with more story stuff (that I haven't played a lot of) but a lot of the missions are repeats...this is where Kojima ran out of money for the game he wanted to make.

The story is about...a 1 in this game, seriously disappointing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:20 pm

It sure is. Metal Gear games are always one of the best at telling stories, but this was such a disappointment for the last Kojima MGS game. Gameplay can't save it (I admit gameplay is the best of the series), but lack of story and memorable boss fights sees this as my least favorite Metal Gear game. So I don't even get to fight Skull Face, the big bad of the game? Is that flame guy supposed to be Volgin?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:14 pm

I mean, I always knew the MGS series was batty but WOW. That twist was SUPER dumb. I mean, really I'd be happy if that whole game was struck from cannon because DAMN.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I actually loved the twist, just wish it was included in the main game and we had a better story to make it a real gut punch
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Yeah but...

Spoiler:
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 pm

How much of the game would you all give up if it got us a typical MGS-tier story? Even if it was just on par with MGS4?
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:37 am

See...that's the really hard part for me. Because god dammit, Kojima figured out Stealth open world, a genre that everyone though couldn't be done and he did it.

*Sigh* It's still in my top 5, maybe even top 3 of the year but I don't have to like the story!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:10 pm

OK I finally beat this today.

I like the idea of the twist and it somewhat helps to fix some of the things I hated about MGS4's ending, but the way it's implemented is so damn random. There's no lead up explaining how Venom ended up figuring this all out and/or how and when he got the tape, it has no relevance to the story of MGSV itself, and being forced to play through that intro section again is straight up bizarre. After all of that I was hoping we'd at least get a proper final mission. Instead the story just kind of trails off and then... ends?

Ok and I'm no expert on the entire MGS timeline but why does Miller turn on the real Big Boss? Is he just a big baby?

What bugs me the most about this game is that I really loved the ideas and big moments we got, there's just not nearly enough tying it all together

Finally, unlocking the XOF outfit for Quiet proves my theory that she always should have had clothes
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:01 am

So I take it you beat every mission then? Because this sounds a little confusing to me. After that mission 30 I just stopped playing.

One of the funnest Metal Gear Solid games to play, but by far the shittiest story.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:06 am

I'd keep playing if I were you. The final batch of missions went by relatively quickly for me and there's more story stuff in there.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Yeah...it is the shittiest story BY FAR. But the gameplay is solid. My problem with open world though is it's hard to ramp up the difficulty without artificially limiting things (which is exactly what they did).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:53 am

How would you guys rank the stories? We probably did this before but oh well.

1. Metal Gear Solid - That whole I was starting up Metal Gear twist with the key cards was awesome!
2. Metal Gear Solid 3 - This is probably a better story, but I grew up on the first Metal Gear Solid so it wins by default.
3. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker - Nice seeing the roots of Big Boss, and I really remember wanting to know what was up with Boss on the tape
4. Metal Gear Solid 2 - If there was more Solid Snake, this would beat Peace Walker, but there wasn't. Plus, I really hate Vamp.
5. Metal Gear Solid 4 - Just too fucking weird. I still enjoy it though.
6. Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain - Ground Zeroes was more interesting than this.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Swap 1 and 3 then 2 and PW and you have mine
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2