The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What should be done about the Vita?

+9
BretBaber
Captain N
avidacridjam
ajapam
SanAndreasX
Miraculous Kaydybug
pspiddy
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What should be done about the Vita? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should be done about the Vita?

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 pm

What should be done about the Vita? - Page 2 BFa84_WCEAAhEw6
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

What should be done about the Vita? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should be done about the Vita?

Post by volvocrusher Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:13 pm

So since Soul Sacrifice comes out Tuesday, I was looking at the upcoming games and don't see much in terms of exclusives- Tearaway, Killzone, and PSO2 if you don't count PC. That just made me wonder whether Sony is going to plan to still support the damn thing. 3DS had a slow first two years also, but it at least had more stuff to get excited over which is paying off now.
I'm not saying having ports is bad either- you bet your ass I'm going to be all over the Jak Trilogy. I just want to see something exclusive on the level of Crisis Core FFVII or a MGS- something that screams to a lot of gamers that they need one of these things to make sure this thing is still going to be around in two years.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:17 pm

It felt like almost every studio Sony could get to make a Vita game internally released one in the first six months (not every studio that should be making a Vita game, but every one that they could convince to internally). Besides MM and Cambridge who are making the games you mentioned coming up. We can at least admit they did support it a lot early on if not with the right games from some of those devs. Assuming dev times for big Vita games are like at least two years, they might announce some from those same devs that released games early. Like Bend is working on a new Vita game that could release this Fall. Some of those devs (Zipper and BigBig) have been closed. Obviously there is no good reason for any third-party to make an exclusive. So I really don't know.

It's no surprise you mention two third party series as something that might make gamers jump on board. Because other than GT, Sony doesn't have that kind of series with that kind of wide appeal. Uncharted and God of War are their biggest besides GT and neither is big enough. Sony would need a host of their IPs in tandem to convince people to get on board it feels like. And as I mentioned before it is hard to imagine a third-party wanting to make a big exclusive given the Vita's situation.

It sucks because everyone who has it loves the hardware, but its future seems pretty fucked.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 pm

At this point, Sony really just needs to take a risk. They need to stop giving us an Uncharted on the go or Killzone on the go and have a new IP that is going to try to do for it what Pokemon did for the Gameboy. At this point, I don't think they have anything to lose.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:36 pm

What could they honestly make that is going to do that? They've tried new IPs in the past for handhelds and they end up minor blips. The kind of games people who own the system enjoy, but not the kind people buy hardware for. LocoRoco, Patapon, now Tearaway. Let's not pretend they haven't ever tried to make a new IP for handhelds. I mean I welcome new IPs, but people going Sony just needs to make their Pokemon seem to not realize how borderline impossible that is.

Edit: Not trying to sound hostile. I just find the Vita's situation kind of hopeless and frustrating.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm not saying they've never tried a new IP. The thing is though, those games were never intended to be a system seller. I just used new IP because like you said, they don't really have anything that fits that bill.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:32 pm

It seems like a lot of gamers just don't try new games anymore, and they just stick with the tried and true. It does seem hopeless. PS All Stars was an awesome game, and a great game to play on the go, but no one bought it. Same with Sly Cooper. Out of the three, Sony seems like the only one that takes risks and no one ever buys the games that turn out to be pretty awesome. What a shame.

They need to shell out some money to Activision to make a really good Call of Duty game. Sadly that franchise will make a difference.

As cool as a Crisis Core would be, RPGs don't sell like they used to. The Wal-Mart that I work at got 3 copies of Ni No Kuni and only one sold. Final Fantasy used to be a big deal, and that hardly sold. I've only seen a few copies of the new God of War sold. What really surprised me was how few copies of Gears of War sold, because that usually sells a shit load. From what I see, the people that play games all buy the same shit. The few Vita games I see sold are the exclusive Vita games, which makes me just think they're big fans of Sony like people in this club.

I think Sony should return to some of their old franchises like Medievil, Ape Escape, Gran Turismo, and with everyone so zombie crazy try to get an exclusive Resident Evil. Back when Sony had Resident Evil, each game was a pretty big deal and the first one was one of the games that swayed gamers to Playstation. I'd like to see them go back to their beginnings, when they slowly started to be the gaming powerhouse.

One really cool thing in my opinion is Final Fantasy X HD collection. The few RPG nerds out there that still exist might buy one just for that. DS and 3DS get Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest games, Sony needs to do something to get big RPG franchises like this on their system.

I'm worried about the system. I have bought a total of 5 games, and I love every game I bought, but it seems like the only buyers are the hardcore Sony followers.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 am

I think good steakhouses actually wont serve their steaks well-done...and who would? Just...no.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 am

Krubixcube wrote:I think good steakhouses actually wont serve their steaks well-done...and who would? Just...no.

Well-done steak is a sin unto humanity. It embodies all that is evil and will destroy us all!

Aaanyways. Call of Duty wont move Vitas. It hasn't already (i know the game sucks but still if the CoD audience actually wanted a CoD on Vita they still would've bought it. As a matter of fact if they do buy it and hate it they will most likely blame the Vita not the game.) The CoD audience isn't going to buy anything other than what they have. The majority of them don't play much of anything else. They aren't going to drop another $250 just to play the portable CoD.

Last edited by Kayshire Cat on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tpyos)
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 am

Krubixcube wrote:I think good steakhouses actually wont serve their steaks well-done...and who would? Just...no.
I had no idea where this came from. I had forgotten this thread at one point got very meaty.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Decided I'd respond to your blog about Vita ports here Greenman. I am having a hard time getting excited for any ports. After Sly and Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I can't shake the feeling I'll just be playing inferior versions. Especially if the game uses the L2 and R2 buttons much as the touch replacements for those don't really cut it for me. Jak 1 does seem like a perfect fit, but as much as I think playing Jak II and 3 on portables would be cool, I see their button heavy nature not being a great fit.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 pm

I would like to get the first Jak game just because that's my favorite. The other are too frustrating and I don't want to break my expensive controller when I have a rage moment.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu May 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Anyone reckon it'll get another price-cut announcement at E3?
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2