The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

This thread is about Bioshock Infinite

+6
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
b.b.hagen
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
SanAndreasX
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

This thread is about Bioshock Infinite - Page 4 Empty Re: This thread is about Bioshock Infinite

Post by SanAndreasX Sun May 05, 2013 6:56 pm

The Siren battle was my least favorite part of the game myself. I didn't actually beat her. I got killed so many times that I think the game took pity on me and skipped me past her. I have heard that fire permanently kills the minions though, which would have been nice to know at the time.

I might replay it again, this time on 1999 move.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

This thread is about Bioshock Infinite - Page 4 Empty Re: This thread is about Bioshock Infinite

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 pm

WHAT?! THE MINIONS DIE WITH FIRE?! I could have beaten the game on hard if I knew that...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Gamestop had the 360 version for 40 bucks so I got it. I'm playing on hard for some god awful reason i dont know why.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Continuing from the TLOU thread.

Krubixcube wrote:Yeah, Greenie sums up what I think in this situation pretty well.

As for the rest of your...points. Well. They certainly are something. I find it a little rich that someone whose favorite game is Spec Ops: The Line would then rally against a game for having antiquated and boring gameplay in justification of a story that makes a big thematic point that is also a meta-discussion about game design...wait, which game are we talking about again?

Spec Ops: The Line's gameplay is flawed but not nearly to the degree people make it out to be. The main thing that'd need tweaking is how you control the other 2 squad mates but I'm willing to over look that seeing as it executes the key gameplay moments absolutely perfectly and in all the right ways that games like Infinite abysmally failed. It has a million points over Infinite, and most story based games, with the simple fact it reinforces the very point of the game itself. It's theme and commentary on games isn't just an Infinite style "This is what games do" but challenges the player themselves. It's built to ask if these are the sort of games they really want to be playing and what it says about those playing it, plus it goes around reversing all the tropes of the games it's commentating on in a clever way while being littered with nice subtle elements I have a soft spot for things like that hence why Evangelion is my favourite thing of all time for the rest of time.

ajapam wrote:The original Bioshock was the meta-commentary on games. Maybe I'm missing something in Infinite if you guys say that's one, too... Anyway, Bioshock Infinite is not The Last of Us, so this is silly

Infinite spoilers although if you haven't played it yet why are you in this thread. Here's just to make sure.:
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Ah. I like that much more than what the original Bioshock did, even though I prefer that game as a whole. I always felt like Bioshock was mocking it's players for following the linear path that it set up. It was annoying. It's like The Stanley Parable, except without everything that made that game work
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 am

I think a lot of games comment on their own selves as games but I hardly think that was the point of Infinite's story.

Look man, you're entitled to your opinion, but you're taking the root of trying to shit all over everything while you go. If you ask me, it's just a bit limiting to say EVERYTHING in a game that was well-regarded was shit. You might not like it yourself, but there was a lot of thought and a lot of talent put into that game and not all of it was a horrible wasteland of talent-less garbage as you've put it. I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong...because you can't do that but for someone who LOVES a lot of flawed games for the few aspects that you did like (persona 3, Spec Ops) it just seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:27 pm

I disagree, I really do feel like an awful lot of Infinite is genuinely poorly designed and not thought out well at all, so while the game may look pretty and function it doesn't amount to anything for me. I don't see it as hypocritical. I'll be the first to admit games I love are flawed in some way, they're always the first thing I mention if I end up recommending them to someone, but there's always enough that the game does well enough to the point I feel it makes up for those flaws and is worth playing. I don't think Infinite does anything well enough to deserve a recommendation nor to be considered a good game.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Funny thing happened today: In my history of rock class, my professor played the townspeople singing the games' version of "Goodnight Irene." Then I got to see a girl in my class struggle to explain the time travel and interdimensional stuff when he asked about the context of the song in the game since he hadn't played it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4