The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5: Christmas/Holiday Movies

+3
Motinator
BretBaber
Krubixcube
7 posters

Go down

Top 5: Christmas/Holiday Movies Empty Top 5: Christmas/Holiday Movies

Post by Krubixcube Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:01 am

Had to do it.

Very open interpretation here. Die Hard is free game, LA Confidential has some Christmas trees in it. And of course, nostalgia-filled holiday classics are of course welcome.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Top 5: Christmas/Holiday Movies Empty Re: Top 5: Christmas/Holiday Movies

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:12 am

5. Rudolph - I love the animation, classic song given a story, Yukon Cornelius, and Bumble. I try to watch it every year unless I miss the special.

4. Nightmare Before Christmas - I'm a believer that it is a Christmas story, and not one of Halloween. One of Burton's best without him directing it (Bet he regrets that).

3. Home Alone - I was around six or seven when this came out, so of course I looked at young Kevin McCallister as a hero. "Check it out, it's old man Marley!" "Who?" "Have you ever heard of the South Bend Shovel Slayer?"

2. Christmas Vacation - A classic for my family, and the family that I will soon be marrying into. Full of zany bizarre moments. I often like to point out to many non-knowers that Cousin Eddie has a huge dick snaking down his pants when he's Christmas shopping in the grocery store with Clark. Most people never notice it. No dick goes unseen by me  I love you  

1. A Christmas Story - I'm surprised this has taken #1, but I love watching this on TBS every Christmas. I normally wake up, turn it on, and leave it on for the rest of the day. I usually end up watching it about 3 or 4 times.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

This has me very excited to finish exams and break out the VCR.

5. Frosty the Snowman - one of my favourites as a kid.

4. Elf - don't actually own this one, but it's always on TV

3. A Muppet's Christmas Carol - Gonzo and Rizzo narrating a story together. Michael Cain as Scrooge. It is not possible for this to have gone wrong.

2. A Muppet Family Christmas - I think this is one of the less popular Muppets specials, but it's always been my favourite. Everyone from Sesame Street comes over, and everything's all warm and fuzzy.

1. Rudolph - without a doubt I watch this with my mum sister every year. I used to be terrified of that first bumble scene, as a kid.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:40 pm

1. A Christmas Story- One of the few movies I know by heart. Also one of the few everyone in my family likes and references all year round. It's just so good.
2. Empire Strikes Back- This is my list and Star Wars and Christmas just go together for me. I've gotten something SW related every Christmas, I watch the trilogy around Christmas time every year, and I think of Hoth every time I see snow no matter where it is or what it's in. It deserves a spot for me, but I'll put Christmas Story above because nothing goes together with Christmas better than that.
3. Home Alone- Watching Marv and Harry get the shit beat out of them will never get old. Ever.
4. Elf- One of Will Ferril's better movies. Fun fact: My cousin Buddy still answers the phone "Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?" whenever I call him.
5. Nightmare Before Christmas- Mostly filler since I stick with those four for Christmas movies, but I do love this one too.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:47 am

1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - love those Rankin-Bass specials!
2. Christmas Story - Funny as hell after all these years. First time I saw it was in kindergarten in Arizona, and they actually showed it in school.
3. Home Alone - I saw this in movie theaters the year it came out.
4. Frosty the Snowman - This one was also made by Rankin-Bass even if it was a traditional animation special rather than a claymation special.
5. The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus - I think this was the last R-B claymation holiday special they ever made, from 1985. I like it because of the song about the toy cat. It's hard to find on TV, but I have it on DVD.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:36 am

I'm surprised there's only one Christmas Vacation vote. I always thought that was the unofficial favorite amongst the majority.

I like the Gremlins one a lot, good pick.

With volvo picking Star Wars, it makes me wonder if any Sci-fi show/movie has ever tackled a Christmas setting. I bet Christmas ornaments and decorations would look cool in the future.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 am

I mostly just like a few scenes in Christmas vacation. It has some amazing bits, but I can't ever get through the whole movie even though I've seen the whole thing in bits and pieces.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 am

BretBaber wrote:I'm surprised there's only one Christmas Vacation vote.  I always thought that was the unofficial favorite amongst the majority.  

I like the Gremlins one a lot, good pick.

With volvo picking Star Wars, it makes me wonder if any Sci-fi show/movie has ever tackled a Christmas setting.  I bet Christmas ornaments and decorations would look cool in the future.

Futurama did this all the time, with Christmas palm trees and a psycho robot Santa.

Sorry, couldn't find a clip that has the actual animation that goes with the song. YouTube's rules on copyrighted stuff and all.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:03 am

The Hanunkkah Zombie's Tie Fighter is incredible.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:18 am

5 Rudolph: love that movie, I think I've seen all the claymation/stopmotion movies but is the first one I ever saw.

4 Elf: Hilarious movie, love Buddy the Elf and Will

3 The Grinch: Yes the movie wasn't that good but Jim Carrey was funny in it, and looked like he had fun with the role.

2 Home Alone: Because it's Home Alone.

1 Batman Returns Yes it's non-traditional but it has Christmas in it, and it has Batman. Awesome.

Honorable Mentions:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas I love it, but I don't consider it a movie.

A Charlie Brown Christmas and I want a Dog for Christmas Charlie Brown. Love em both.

The Santa Claus: Loved the first one. Not sure about the rest.

Recess: Yes Santa does shave. Love that show and loved that episode.

Nightmare before Christmas. Love this movie too.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 am

Non traditional is encouraged. That said, I'm a big softy and I love my Christmas movies. I tend to watch the following once every year (number 1 is a christmas tradition in my family).

1. A Christmas Story - no moral lessons, no religious bullshit, just...consumerist, kid christmas. in my opinion, and from my experiences, it captures the real feeling of christmas better than any other movie.

2. A Muppet Christmas Carol

3. It's a Wonderful Life

4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Yeah, why aren't more people picking this movie? It's great.

5. Charlie Brown Christmas - Dat MUSIC, brah.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down