The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

Post by volvocrusher Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:29 am

Bolin and Varrick make a great pair. He was giving the perfect response to all the crazy shit Varrick did.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra/Last Airbender Discussion

Post by volvocrusher Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Finished Airbender again. Still say that's the best series finale. At least from any show I've seen.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:59 am

Hoping we don't spend another episode delaying Varrick and Bolin's arrival/failure to arrive at Republic City. One episode was fine, especially since it showed what Kuvira's doing to water and fire nation citizens (which I really like how they mirror Japanese internment camps in America during WWII). But I feel the plot really isn't going to move forward until their trip back ends.

Also like how Prince Wu seems to be out of the way for now. They did a good job with him to show that Kuvira has a point with staying leader, but he's filled his purpose unless Kuvira wants some extra leverage.

As for the spirit vines, I'm REALLY hoping Toph comes and kicks some major ass before they leave. That scene confirmed she will be back for the finale one way or another, but seeing her destroy an entire army on her own were some of Airbender's best fights. Would also be cool if the swamp's visions could develop their characters more. I'm liking Kuvira and Bataar more than in the beginning, but the two could really use some more development and the swamp is the perfect place to do it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Kind of a relatively low-key episode after the previous one at from a forward momentum standpoint, but still pretty fun.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:21 am

I ended up watching the whole clip episode. You were right that the last was really the only worthwhile part, but boy was it funny. The part with the villains talking on the phone was a riot. I like that the writers are aware how lame Unalaq was. Doing a clip show is still pretty crappy with so few episodes, but I just read it was because of budget cuts and the alternative would have effected the staff, so I get it why.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:59 am

I wish Varrick retelling the series was the whole episode. Korra's wasn't bad since it gave some insight to how she feels as the Avatar right now, but Mako's was not good. That love triangle was bad enough the first time, I didn't need to re-experience it.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Loved how they decided to let Korra get whole again. Always loved how Zaheer was never really in it for his own selfish reasons even though he was a violent murderer and that really helped reinforce that. Also excited to see what's going to happen to Opal, Bolin, and Lin next time.

And Varrick was great as always "Isn't a man allowed to blow up his own property?"
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Yeah I love Zaheer, so that was a plus. I hope Korra being whole again means we can start building towards a strong finish. I can't describe why, but I don't feel the momentum of a series coming to an end during this show right now.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Yeah, I definitely feel you there. I think a large part of it has to do with how much focus season 4 has on Korra getting over what happened with Zaheer. Which has been good, but taken the focus away from how things are going to end soon.

Kuvira's development is also a part. She's a good villain, but there's been nothing building to the final confrontation like with the past villains like Amon telling Korra how he'll break her. It's hard to build towards a series finale when they haven't done much to build to a season finale. The next episode needs to build off the spirit world being angry at her and Opal/Lin/Bolin going to rescue the other Bei Fongs to show that she's an immediate threat.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Love that we got to see Toph back in action, even if she won't be back for the finale (though her explanation of why Katara never helped was great). And we have an ultimatum now which should help the arc feel like it'll be back on track. Had a feeling Zhu Li wasn't really on Kuvira's side either, that was a nice twist.

Fight between Suyin and Kuvira was awesome also. Lots of creative metalbending between the armor and the sword.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:08 pm

That fight was awesome. I like how Suyin and Kuvira have very different styles of metal-bending. I'm happy Zhu Li was secretly working against her too. Need her hanging with Varrick again.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:28 am

I mean, she already stayed with Varrick in prison before and she didn't even do anything wrong then. Couldn't see her avoiding prison this time unless she had another motive.

And I agree on how cool it is how they had such different styles. Tenzin vs Zaheer and Zuko vs Azula in Airbender were awesome for that reason too.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:47 am

I'm really hoping Korra's fight against Kuvira's giant mech will feel like Shadow of the Colossus. Get the feeling someone didn't survive that blast, Suiyin seems like the most likely victim, but I can see anyone except Korra and Asami dying from it. The latter because they brought her dad back and they have to do something with that.

Also think I'll put up a questionnaire after the finale.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:51 pm

Finally got a chance to watch this (the player on the site wasn't working for me last week for some reason). Anyway, it was really good. They have finally properly ramped up for a big finale, so I'm excited to see how they handle it. A Korra vs. Mech fight should be awesome.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:07 am

Great finale, pretty much everything I wanted out of it. Colossus battle was just fantastic, though I wish Korra and Kuvira's one on one had a little more action. Glad they gave Kuvira some extra depth that I've been hoping for, even if she's still not up there with Amon and Zaheer. Kind of feel like I got why they ended it at this point too, kind of like how Korra finally knows everything she needs to be the Avatar.

Also, took serious balls for Nick to end it implying Korra and Asami are ending up together. Never thought I'd see a kids network do that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 am

Yeah I liked it though my biggest want was having more from the one on one with Kuvira. The fight with the Colossus was cool and very long too, so that was great. Thought Varrick and Zhu Li stuff was pretty fun. You were right about them bringing Asami's dad back too. Thought Wu was actually pretty cool this episode as well.

I think the season as a whole maybe just didn't have the oomph I expected for the end. Like I expected it to be grander or something? Kuvira turned out okay, but didn't feel like the grand final villain, awesome fight aside because the final fights are usually pretty rad. Not that it feels like there should be more either. Your point about her kind of knowing everything as Avatar makes sense. Also I did think the time skip was cool. I thought it was a nice way to shuffle the character dynamics a bit.

As for the ending, I know there was some hints at Korra and Asami possibly being more than friends before this and I imagine those hints were about as far as they could go on Nick. But because there didn't feel like a lot of build up and this was apparently like something a lot of fans wanted, the ending felt a little like pandering to me. I guess it was kind of ballsy though. That ending feels like about as obvious as they could be given its a kids show, but I guess I don't watch many kids shows these days so what do I know. It's fine in the end. I could say I wanted more build up, but making relationship drama a complete afterthought really helped the last two seasons I think.

Season 3 was definitely my favorite. I'm excited to go watch the original series now too. I admit, I wasn't a huge fan of Korra when I first tried to watch the original series. But now I will be more into it. Not sure when I will get to it, but I look forward to it. While I understand there were spoilers in Korra for it, I think watching with no context, most went over my head. So when I watch the first one, they will probably kind of set a light bulb off as I watch, but that is okay.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:36 am

I agree that it wasn't that grand, felt like it should be in the middle of the series rather than the end. Maybe they knew they couldn't really top Vaatu's 10,000 years of darkness though, so they didn't try. Think they should have looked to TLA a little more to make it grander. Maybe give a little more light on Kuvira's camps and the politics behind imprisoning water and firebenders.

And I think they should have had the weapon hurt the spirit world. They kind of hinted at that when people were being taken in Republic city, but it was kind of small then just over. Like if spirits were super pissed and attacking everyone on sight and showing the spirit world crumbling every time the weapon was fired, I think it would have felt more grand.

Definitely agree that season 3 was the best. And they could have done more with Korra and Asami, but after the way they handle the relationship stuff, I'm okay with them passing it up. Even TLA was weak in that regard, Aang and Katara's romance was the weaker moments.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:53 pm

I randomly saw this on this on the web today:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/26/the-top-10-the-legend-of-korra-episodes

You have a favorite episode? I guess it was "The Ultimatum" that had that Zaheer-Tenzin fight which always stands out to me thinking back. The last two eps of that season really wowed me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 pm

I'm not sure. Would either go with your pick, Beginnings, or Turning the Tides. Those are the only ones I'd put up there with my favorite Airbender episodes. Korra Alone was pretty great too, but felt a lot like it was copying Zuko Alone, which was a much better episode.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Decided to do a little questionnaire also:

How would you rank the seasons overall?

How would you rank the four elements?

How would you rank the villains?

How would you rank the four members of Team Avatar?

Which was your favorite character overall?

What was your favorite fight?

What was the best and worst aspect of the show?

What were some of your favorite funny moments?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 am

Good deal. Going to have to ponder some of these.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2