The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top Five Tuesday l Favorite Systems

+9
SanAndreasX
TripOpt55
pspiddy
ajapam
BretBaber
avidacridjam
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top Five Tuesday l Favorite Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Five Tuesday l Favorite Systems

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:50 am

To be sure, I like handhelds myself, but I'd rather play on a full-size console than on a handheld, and my life thus allows less and less time for handheld systems. The only time I'm away from home I'm either working or driving and cannot play then, and at home I'd rather fire up my Wii U or PS3 than a handheld. And even with the best handheld games, like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Valkyria Chronicles or the DS versions of Dragon Quest IV-VI, which were my favorite DS games, I think "Wow... if only this had been on the Wii/Wii U/PS3 instead with all that extra graphical power." I certainly do not wish dedicated handheld gaming to disappear, as I strongly dislike iOS and Android touchscreen gaming, and I do continue to buy and play handheld games and will always do so as long as they exist.

That said, I do enjoy my PSP when I can, for things like Valkyria Chronicles II, and I just got my wife a 3DS and Fire Emblem for her birthday. Those are both great games, and I guess I'm glad I can play them away from home for those increasingly rare times I can play games away from home. But there again, thinking about those games with the graphical power of the PS3 or the Wii U backing them, on my big-screen TV kind of hurts.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Top Five Tuesday l Favorite Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Five Tuesday l Favorite Systems

Post by Krubixcube Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:53 am

I love my NDS but I can't say that any games on it (so far) are favorites and I guess that's what I was basing most of my list on...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:17 pm

PS2- Amazing library of games that can't be matched. Most of my favorite games were on this system. I'm also still buying games for it these days.

PS1- A lot of RPGs worth replaying, and there's still quite a few in my backlog. I also love FF7-9 so... :P

PS3- Slowly ended up being my favorite console this generation. I've certainly enjoyed a nice variety of games because of it.

SNES- just an all around awesome library of games. And FF6.

PSP - this will be my favorite handheld until the 3DS eventually catches up. For awhile JRPGs were nonexistent on consoles so this was the place to go for them. And it's region free.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:45 am

TheMatt wrote:I like handhelds... but they don't come anywhere close for me compared to consoles. And honestly, Nintendo handhelds are really just Pokemon machines for me.

That's the main reason I buy Nintendo handhelds. Everything else on them is just a sweet bonus.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:25 am

pspiddy wrote:I'm honestly over graphics at this point in the console cycle. The last real wow moment I had was RE on Gamecube. That's not saying the advances in visuals are somerhing to sneeze at, but pure gameplay is becoming the paramount.

When I did my top 5, I thought about what really changed my perceptions, interests and habits. Handhelds definitely did that. But if it boils down to absolute favorites versus time spent gaming, Genesis, Dreamcast, Gamecube and PSone stomp everything console or handheld.

The other aspect is screen size. Given a choice between a dinky 2-inch screen and my big screen TV for gaming, I'll take the latter every time. My traditional habit is to run my games on my TV and play a DVD on my laptop in the background. It's the way I did gaming/TV watching back when I was 13-15. Smile I was a PC/arcade gamer back then.

I made my list based on what I enjoyed the most myself. That's why I put the PS1 at the top. I love RPGs, and no system has ever topped the PS1 in that regard, and no system ever will.

The only Sega system I own is the Saturn, mostly for the rare stuff like PDS and Shining Force III. I chose the SNES over the Genesis, and I chose to buy and play Final Fantasy VIII on 9-9-1999 instead of buying a Dreamcast. A lot of the Dreamcast games I was interested in, like Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia, showed up on other systems. I enjoyed playing on my cousin's Genesis though.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:32 am

I really loved the PSP's library just the system itself i couldn't stand it. Had trouble holding on it, made my hands hurt a lot, and that analog stick just ugh. So glad the Vita is much more comfortable, and that it plays PSP games. The Vita is actually the only handheld that ive ever been comfortable with tbh.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:27 am

I actually had a really difficult time with the size of the Vita at first, it was too big and made my hands hurt Sad I got used to it though.

And now I have a feeling Kay is going to say something dirty.
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:33 am

Should I comment on the size of my breasts or my ass Razz
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:35 am

Why not do both?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:37 am

volvocrusher wrote:Why not do both?
Yes it's just cruel to ask me to choose between your tits or ass. You know how much I love them both :P
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 am

pspiddy wrote:No pony pics though.
Fixed
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:42 am

chocobot wrote:
Yes it's just cruel to ask me to choose between your tits or ass. You know how much I love them both Razz

Judge the size of one with your hands and the other with your mouth ^_^
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 am

What, no comments on the size of your balls? Tits, ass and...balls.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:21 pm

I got long ball Larry syndrome.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 am

This is how we put threads to bed here at the Play Station. lol!
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2