The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in

+15
Nephilimi
Motinator
Methane_Max
Bannen
BretBaber
b.b.hagen
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
SanAndreasX
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
avidacridjam
ajapam
TheMatt
TripOpt55
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in Empty Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

So we will be bringing back Top Fives here. I hope everyone will vote. While I realize this gen will be more or less over in a year or so, I figure we can just do this thread again when it's over. I also figure with Cross-generational games looking to be a big thing for a while it might be a while before it really is over.

So for this first one I'd like to hear your Top Fives Games during this console generation so far (PS3, 360 and Wii). PC games during this time are also eligible. As are handheld games that would be considered to have released during this gen (I'd say maybe just DS and PSP, but if you guys think a newer handheld game belongs in this gen you can pitch it to me. Handheld games are tricky).

You are welcome to list more than five, but a ranked top five will be the ones I add to the tally for the group. Also saying a bit about why something is on the list is always good. Have at it.

Results are in. I will be quicker about this next time guys. I apologize. I just reverse score them 5 points for first and so on. Total points in parentheses.

Results

1. Uncharted 2
(35 points)
2. Mass Effect series (33)
3. Metal Gear Solid 4 (24)
4. Fallout 3 (14)
5. Portal (12)

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time and Ni No Kuni got 11. 2 of Portal's points were a series vote which I decided to give to Portal 1 since it had more points than 2. So that last spot is up in the air. If I put Portal as a series, It'd be at 4.

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in Empty Re: Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in

Post by TheMatt Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:37 pm

The order of #3-5 are interchangeable, but that's what I decided on for now.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4-A technically flawless game. I don't care if its over-bloated and a little cutscene heavy. Its just so damn good.
2. Uncharted 2 (really the whole series, but 2 is the best) The only game I can think of this generation where I had people sit down and watch me play through it, because it was so incredible looking.
3. Burnout Paradise- Amazing racing game, but it also holds a special place in my heart cuz its the game where I met the majority of 1up peeps (awwwww)
4. Starcraft II - I feel weird putting a PC game here, but like MGS4, this is a technically flawless game. The campaign was great and the multiplayer is even better. Can't wait for Heart of the Swarm!
5. Ni No Kuni- I'm still absolutely blown away by this game. I just can't say enough about it. One of my favorite RPG's of all time!

Consolation: Mass Effect trilogy. Every game is great, but to me, each one has one flaw that makes the individual game not as good as any of the above games.

Downloadable Game of the Generation- Shatter. Enough said.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in Empty Re: Top Five Tuesday | Favorite Games This Gen So Far | Results are in

Post by ajapam Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:02 pm

This is probably nothing like my last top 5

1. Portal. If I remember a single game from this generation, this will probably be the one.

2. Uncharted 2. For obvious reasons

3. Warhawk. The greatest multiplayer game out there. In my opinion, at least

4. Trackmania United Forever. I've only really played Nations, but that's just a free version of this game. The Trackmania games have perfect arcade physics if you ask me. I was never one to play hotseat multiplayer, but it's a blast in this game

5. Metal Gear Solid 4. The bad parts are pretty bad, but the good parts are so good. It would've been my #1 if it didn't have so much dumb garbage

Just Cause 2. Grapple/Parachute is the best idea ever

Half-Life 2: Episode 2. Dat ending

Mass Effect series.

Trackmania 2 Canyon. It probably deserves a higher spot than united but I haven't played it nearly as much

Last edited by ajapam on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Can World of Warcraft count? I know the game came in 2004 but the expansion packs started in '07 and they really made that game. Or do I have to choose an expansion?
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

1. No More Heroes 2: The first time i got this game I played through it like 6 times in a row I swear. Not the best game from a gameplay standard but goddammit it has style.

2. Alice Madness Returns: I typically don't like platformers THIS much but it's world and characters really drew me in. Even the bad parts of the game are worth it cause the pay off in story development is just so good. Chapter 2 blew, but dammit I loved its ending scene so fucking much. Chapter 4 is also literally the best thing ever.

3. Dead or Alive 5: My favorite fighter this generation. Kept what I loved about the series while updating the characters too look like they are actually from a game this gen.

4. Mass Effect series: I can't really count of these separate cause the series is just one of those where you have to play them all. Without the other two each game feels so empty but when you put them together it's amazing despite the stupid ending.

5. Tales of Grace f: After Vesperia I thought the series was getting stale, but Graces stepped up the battle system a lot. Even though somethings about it felt worse than the other games that battle system is just so amazing.

Honorable Mention: Saints Row The Third: Such ridiculous fun it doesn't really do much else then try to be the dumbest game ever and I love it so much for that. Also dildo bats.

HOLY SHIT THERE'S ONLY ONE JRPG ON THIS LIST. How did that happen?
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm

avidacridjam wrote:Can World of Warcraft count? I know the game came in 2004 but the expansion packs started in '07 and they really made that game. Or do I have to choose an expansion?
Seems like a special case. I say include it if you want.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 pm

1. Mass Effect trilogy- Duh

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2- Best Mario game since World. Wasn't a single part I disliked the whole game.

3. Pokemon Black and White 2- The best Pokemon game yet and you know how I love my Pokemon.

4. Batman: Arkham Asylum- Amazing combat with fun stealth in a nice Metroidvania. It's great on those alone, but finding all of the secrets and beating all the challenge maps just had a magic few other games do.

5. Fallout 3- Had such an amazing world that was so much fun to explore. I could spend hours just roaming around.

Honorable Mentions: Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Uncharted 2, and Portal 2

Last edited by volvocrusher on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 pm

1. Valkyria Chronicles. There is nothing about this game I don't love. It's an AAA strategy RPG. It has amazing visuals. It has great music. It has charming playable characters. This is the reason I bought a PS3.
2. Ni no Kuni. If VC is what I'd always hoped a HD SRPG would be like, then NnK is what I'd always wanted from a conventional RPG.
3. Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Yeah, this is kind of cheating here, but both games were great in their own way. Fallout 3 had better atmosphere and post-nuclear ambience, while New Vegas reigned supreme in the gameplay department.
4. Demon's Souls. Loved its balls-to-the-wall gameplay and dark atmosphere. Plus, its servers just keep going and going.
5. Tales of Graces f. Didn't have as interesting of a world structure as Vesperia, but the battle system knocked it out of the park.

Honorable mentions: Tales of Vesperia, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue, Bayonetta, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Punch-Out!!, Yakuza 4

Last edited by SanAndreasX on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot #3!)
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Just put these games down off the top of my head. Didnt really give it all that much thought so my list might change but here is what I have so far.

5. Gran Turismo 5 - this game took its sweet time getting here but when it did boy was it awesome. Terrible interface aside the actual game was well worth the wait!

4. Fallout 3 - might have scored higher if it werent such a glitchy mess at times. That being said I still love this game. Sadly I still have not played New Vegas.

3. Mass Effect 2 - would have placed 3 here but that ending still bothers me some. But still ME is one of my favorite series to come out this generation.

2. Uncharted 3 - if i can only choose one Uncharted game it has to be 3. Not many people would agree but I believe ND took an excellent game in UC2 and made it slightly better with 3. I enjoyed it.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 - do i even really need to say more.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks, Trip! The reason I ask is:

1. World Of Warcraft. No other game had such a profound effect on me in the past 6 years. Despite it being as old as it is, I've read/heard that it took a few years for the game to really find its feet (with strong subscriber output and damn good support from Blizzard) and I didn't start playing until fall of '09. By that point I had FPS shooter fatigue and I needed a different experience and for that reason alone WOW stands out. The never-ending world and being able to interact with so many people (the first time you ride a gryphon to another area, look down and see other players in real time was awesome) and a really deep battle system. The social aspect can't be overlooked because I want to do co-op with other people and this game provided the best moments in that regard. Just a landmark title.
2. Portal 2 I love the first game but the sequel's story mode was just magnificent for its knockout visuals, head-scratching puzzles and hilarious writing (thanks, Stephen Merchant!). Also, one of the great endings EVER.
3. Mass Effect 1 & 2 (tie) The reason I haven't included ME3 is because I haven't started the campaign; been fucking around in the multiplayer since I bought it. But those first two entries are a knockout in storytelling (especially the first one). While ME1 has rough patches in its game mechanics, it has the better story and the sequel compliments it with refined design and better handle on combat. Liara T'Soni remains the only game character I've ever had a crush on.
4. Halo 3 I don't know what the fuck is going on in the campaign but the multiplayer for this was so damn strong that I kept playing for 2 1/2 years after it was released. Online, I met some great people and some ungodly monstrous motherfuckers. So many hilarious and frustrating matches. While I grew up on the series with Halo 1 LAN matches in college, Halo 3 was the decision maker when it came to sticking with the franchise and being Microsoft's bitch ever since. Well, until recently. Wink
5. Super Mario Galaxy Great level design and always seemed to have one more trick up its sleeve. One of the great soundtracks ever (still plays on my iPod) and the control scheme works effectively. I may be a little embarrassed to say this, but the storybook sequences make me weep like the "Baby Mine" sequence from Dumbo.

HM: Uncharted 2, Red Dead Redemption, Little Big Planet Vita, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed II, Borderlands 2.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by b.b.hagen Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 pm

1. Fallout 3- A couple hundred hours is what I spent on that game, and I've been considering playing through it again. Open world, crafting, leveling up, chance occurrences and mini-nukes; everything I want in a game.

2. Saint's Row: The Third- The only game that comes close to being as fun as SR3 is Just Cause 2. Oh yeah, Saint's Row shits on Grand Theft Auto.

3. Portal 2- Improved on everything the original did. Co-op was a blast even with Greenman giggling like a little girl.

4. Batman Arkham City- Shortly after I started reading a lot of Batman one-offs I played Arkham City. It made the game that much more fun.

5. Battlefield Bad Company 2- This game was so much fun. It wasn't your typical "twitch reaction" shooter and you wouldn't have horrible damage detection. Then Battlefield 3 came and fucked it all up. Hopefully Bad Company 3 will be more "Bad Company" and less "Battlefield". If that makes any sense.

b.b.hagen
b.b.hagen
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 pm

b.b.hagen wrote:

3. Portal 2- Improved on everything the original did. Co-op was a blast even with Greenman giggling like a little girl.

You know that turned you on.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by b.b.hagen Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 am

A little bit. Hopefully it'll be the same on Saturday with some Peace Walker.
b.b.hagen
b.b.hagen
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 am

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 - The cut scenes were lengthy and it had a monkey smoking cigarettes, but the gameplay was awesome. I don't thnk there's a game that came out this gen that controls better than it, and the graphics are amazing. I play the same way all of the time, but the game really changes based off of how you play. I loved the story, but maybe that's because I've been there since '98 when I bought the original. This game was an homage to me! Thanks Kojima! Plus, Shadow Moses Island in HD!

2. Uncharted 2 - The reason I pick this over the others (I love them all, including 1) is because they didn't jack up Drake's aiming. Unlike others that seem to straight up hate 3, the only reason I disliked that game was the "improved" aiming which was actually a step back. Also, this game had a snow segment, and I love snow segments.

3. Killzone 3 - I loved both Killzone games, but I got into the multiplayer portion of this game from the beginning, unlike Killzone 2 when I was playing Call of Duty religiously. Starting from day one, I was able to be a top gunner, rarely getting bested on the team. Also, unlike most other FPS this gen, this game rewarded teamwork. Every job had their advantages and perks, and that really felt fresh compared to all of the Call of Duty games I had been playing. I played Killzone 2, but came in late, and was constantly getting my ass kicked. Killzone 3 wasn't the case. Unlike others, I liked the improve aiming. Favorite online multiplayer FPS ever.

4. Ni No Kuni - This game will probably be higher up the ranks when I look back a few years from now. It is at #4 now and it only came out a month ago, so that is saying something. No game have I ever put that much time into in such a short time period. I beat the game in just over 3 weeks, and clocked in 60 hours doing so. Bringing that up isn't meant to show how nerdy I am, I bring it up to show how much the game kept me playing. Never have I ever played a single player game for 4-5 hours straight, but that is what happened with this game. Every RPG lover should get this game, it is so good.

5. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time - I love Ratchet, and this was the last truly great Ratchet game that I have played. Better than the first for a lot of reasons, but it just felt like the most fun I had with Ratchet since Up Your Arsenal. Also my very first platinum!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:08 am

I remember when you asked me when I'd start doing Top Fives again spiddy and you make a list of emulated games from past gens as your best this gen? Really? You are the worst. Seriously though mobile is fine, but I think at least original games during the timeframe would be a good call.

Also if you pick a series as one spot make note of your favorite for the tally.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am

I might replace Ratchet with Little Big Planet. Little Big Planet brought something very new and fresh to gaming, and it should be celebrated.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Bannen Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:02 am

Top Number lists are tough, because I always forget SOMETHING, but here it goes... Also, these are in no particular order.

1) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - The whole series is great, even when UC3 trips all over itself. UC2, however, is the best of the bunch.
2) God of War 3 - My personal favorite in the series is GoW2, but "of this generation" really only leaves GoW3, which is still pretty bad-ass. Playing on titan now, and rediscovering how much I loved it the first time through.
3) Fallout 3 - I spent eight months almost entirely playing this. Such a great game. Even the DLC had it's moments of greatness.
4) Dead Space 2 - DS2 does, what I believe, is the best balance possible between old school survival horror and modern infusion of action. Also, adding a voice to Isaac also adds a personality, and his torment throughout the game is both terrible and compelling.
5) Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - Insomniac has been messing with the formula since ACIT, with offshoots like All4One and Full-Frontal Assault (with very mixed results). ACIT, however, is possibly the best distilled R&C experience in the series. It has strong competition with Up Your Arsenal, but it has great weapons, awesome levels, great characters, and also a story that deserves to be experienced. It's somehow that trademark goofy humor, with a dose of grit and heart.
...also, Dr. Nefarious.

This seems about right.
Bannen
Bannen
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm

1) Mass Effect Series - I've easily spent a few hundred hours on these damn games. Hell I've spent almost 200 hours on the the MP of ME3 alone. No big surprise it's my top seat.

2) Splinter Cell: Conviction - This game really clicked with me. I spent a ton of time on this game and had a ton of fun with it. Unfortunately, the online CO-OP finder was garbage and 3/4 of the games started would end in a disconnect. That alone stands as the only reason I never completed all the achievements.

3) Batman: Arkham City - Best Batman game I've ever played. It took what I enjoyed from the first game and made it better.

4) Saint's Row: The Third - Outright absurdity. If you haven't played this game, do yourself a favor, and play it.

5) Gears of War 3 - This was another title that seemed to fizzle out pretty quick amongst my gaming circle at the time but I still had a lot of fun playing it.

I was going to do an honorable mentions section *cough*Portal 2 and Hitman: Absolution*cough* but I decided against it. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of games too... oh well.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:59 pm

I forgot about PC games, so I changed up my list a little bit
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 pm

pspiddy wrote:As a tribute to Trip-

1-Brink

2-Assassin's Creed

3-Madden

4-Battlefield 3

5-PEZ

Well you are still the worst, but Brink gave me a good laugh, so that is a plus.

@Methane_Max: What do you need in Splinter Cell Achievement-wise? If it involved the co-op campaign, I'd be in to help. If it involved Last Stand or whatever that garbage was, I'm not in.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Okay here is my list. Ordering 2-4 was difficult. It changes a bit everytime I think about it.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Perfectly paced, action/adventure game. Great combat encounters, setpieces, story, characters, presentation, graphics, music, etc. Also the game that got me into online multiplayer in a big way. I'll probably never be as good at multiplayer as I was at this in my prime.

2. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Not as good as Up Your Arsenal, but not being as good as an all-time favorite isn't so bad. I loved what they did with the Clank sections which are the series best. I also loved the game's space exploration and moons. The platforming ones were some of the best platforming sections in the series. There needed to be more full Ratchet planets, but otherwise, I loved it.

3. Mirror's Edge - This never would have been on my list at launch, but never has a game grown on me so much. It requires practice, but it rewards you so much for that practice. Only a few games can match its 3D platforming ever and it has the best this gen. The level designs and moveset make for a great risk/reward element when speed-running. The story is forgettable, but just the feeling of getting that perfect run or figuring out how to shave a few tenths of a second off your times is one of the best feelings a game has given me.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The best Zelda game ever. While I find most of the game enjoyable, it is the dungeons that set it apart. They are big, complex and intricately designed and the best in the series. The stretch from Arbiter's Grounds (my favorite Zelda dungeon) to City in the Sky is one of the more amazing stretches I've encountered in any game.

5. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - It feels to soon to put in, but I really loved it. It felt like it pulled the best of each of the previous games. The linear platforming bits of 1, the hubs and exploration of 2 and the variety of characters of 3 (but that last one is handled much better with the ancestors). I don't think the platforming is on the level of 1's and the heist missions don't match 2 and 3's, but overall it is a better package than any of the previous games. I admit this game is in the most risk of falling out of the list. Not because its five, but because sometimes time makes me see something's faults a bit easier and I've only played it once.

Honorable Mentions (in no order and off the top of my head): Uncharted 1 and 3, Rayman: Origins, NSMB Wii, R&CF: ToD, Mario Galaxy 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia, LittleBigPlanet 2, probably forgetting something else.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm

@Trip - Hahaha, Last Stand is exactly what I needed. I've come to terms with the fact that I will never get 100% completion on that game. Once the MP pool dried up, I knew it was over.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:Okay here is my list. Ordering 2-4 was difficult. It changes a bit everytime I think about it.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Perfectly paced, action/adventure game. Great combat encounters, setpieces, story, characters, presentation, graphics, music, etc. Also the game that got me into online multiplayer in a big way. I'll probably never be as good at multiplayer as I was at this in my prime.

2. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Not as good as Up Your Arsenal, but not being as good as an all-time favorite isn't so bad. I loved what they did with the Clank sections which are the series best. I also loved the game's space exploration and moons. The platforming ones were some of the best platforming sections in the series. There needed to be more full Ratchet planets, but otherwise, I loved it.

3. Mirror's Edge - This never would have been on my list at launch, but never has a game grown on me so much. It requires practice, but it rewards you so much for that practice. Only a few games can match its 3D platforming ever and it has the best this gen. The level designs and moveset make for a great risk/reward element when speed-running. The story is forgettable, but just the feeling of getting that perfect run or figuring out how to shave a few tenths of a second off your times is one of the best feelings a game has given me.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The best Zelda game ever. While I find most of the game enjoyable, it is the dungeons that set it apart. They are big, complex and intricately designed and the best in the series. The stretch from Arbiter's Grounds (my favorite Zelda dungeon) to City in the Sky is one of the more amazing stretches I've encountered in any game.

5. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - It feels to soon to put in, but I really loved it. It felt like it pulled the best of each of the previous games. The linear platforming bits of 1, the hubs and exploration of 2 and the variety of characters of 3 (but that last one is handled much better with the ancestors). I don't think the platforming is on the level of 1's and the heist missions don't match 2 and 3's, but overall it is a better package than any of the previous games. I admit this game is in the most risk of falling out of the list. Not because its five, but because sometimes time makes me see something's faults a bit easier and I've only played it once.

Honorable Mentions (in no order and off the top of my head): Uncharted 1 and 3, Rayman: Origins, NSMB Wii, R&CF: ToD, Mario Galaxy 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia, LittleBigPlanet 2, probably forgetting something else.

Gotta agree with you on this: Twilight Pruncess is my favorite Zelda ever, and it's my favorite video game of all time other than FFVII, but I chose the Gamecube version over the Wii version myself, so to me, it's the best game of the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era rather than being a game of the current gen. That's why I didn't vote for it.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 am

^ A fellow Final Fantasy VII lover. Papa Bret approves.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:40 am

1. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time—my favourite Ratchet, period.

2. Burnout: Paradise—spent soooo much time with this game. And a lot of great times with y'all!

3. Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots—I enjoyed all of this game, even the long cut-scenes. I was just hooked.

4. Heavy Rain—this one purely because I get emotionally hooked to things.

5. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7—Sooo much content in this game, I'll be playing it whenever I'm yearnin' for Harry Potter for years to come.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 am

BretBaber wrote:^ A fellow Final Fantasy VII lover. Papa Bret approves.

My name is SanAndreasX and I approve of this approval.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 am

This is tough and I was kind of thinking about it the other day.

5. Killzone 2
4. Mass Effect 3
3. Xcom
2. Heavy Rain
1. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls

Honorable mentions: mgs4, bioshock, Batman Arkham City

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next