The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Trophying/Achievement Thread

+10
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
Motinator
Bannen
BretBaber
TheMatt
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by BretBaber Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Got the Going Commando plat. On the Ni No Kuni thread give me your tips for the Alchemy trophy. Thinking about that one makes me want to cry.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by Motinator Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Do you know what the trick was? That's the only one I didn't get every skill point on of the first 3 Ratchet and Clank
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 am

I went really slow and tried my hardest not to knock anyone in the water. I used the visibomb gun, tesla claw, and the wrench. I used mainly the visibomb gun because it didn't really seem to push enemies into the water.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I just went past 50% in trophies in Injustice, I think I may get the platinum trophy for it.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am

Playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss on crushing. On the last boss fight and it is royally pissing me off. I know I swipe right and it says I do not. The fight with Dante wasn't bad, sometimes it was just my mistake. This one though just feels like everything I do is wrong even though it is not.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 29, 2013 12:56 am

I thought both of them were terrible. Liked the game more on crushing because the rest of it was light on challenge, but fuck those parts.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed May 29, 2013 1:54 am

I did end up beating it, found laying it on my lap was the best approach. It did make the game more challenging on crushing, but not to the point of frustrating. Minus those last two boss fights that is.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 29, 2013 2:28 am

We need a moratorium on all QTE Boss fights. QTEs are terrible. Replacing boss fights with QTEs are worse. QTEs featuring touch or motion gestures an even higher level of terrible. QTEs that don't recognize your swipes even when you do exactly what they say like the ones in Golden Abyss... just a special kind of terrible.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed May 29, 2013 3:23 am

I see Fuse is full of trophies for its MP i know some people who are getting it/have but lol not enough for a full party at any given time.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed May 29, 2013 8:54 am

I normally don't mind QTE's, but replacing boss fights is taking it too far. It was a little better when I played on normal and could make 3 or 4 mistakes though. I would have liked to have seen how they would have handled a boss fight though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Getting trophy for biotic combos in ME2 was kind of like that for me. I play as an Engineer, and its just so fucking hard to time it with your party members cause they dont always use their powers instantly like Shepard does when you select them. I had to go out of my way to make sure my party members and enemies were in the right positions to make sure i could get the timing right for that it was so frustrating.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 am

A game that really handles trophies well is The Last of Us, because it makes most of them hidden, and your first play through of the game isn't littered with dings. I love dings, but this game was better the first time without them. I'm sure most that have played the game will agree.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 am

I agree about Ratchet and Clank trophies being good. Platting A Crack in Time was tough even though I'd played all the Ratchet and Clank's before. But they were also all fair and fun to get at the same time. And I'd have plats for two of the PS2 games if they'd have trophies back then. Someday I'll do it on the HD collection
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:08 am

One game I think that had trophies/achievements throughout that did it well was Mass Effect 2. Structured it so you got it after each mission but while the loading screen was on  there, so it gave just a little bit extra satisfaction while the others gave a challenge, without being annoyingly stupid (save the melee one). I still remember giving an "Awww" when I saw "Cat's in the Cradle" pop up after reuniting Thane with his son.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:29 am

I concur with Volvo on trophies during loading screens as a plus. When they pop up during a story moment I find myself looking up to the right hand corner to see what's going on and pay no attention to the cut scene.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:02 am

yeah, I don't mind achievements but keep them out of the drama. Games like Rayman, I don't mind but story-focused stuff...ugh.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:36 am

I returned to Resogun after a week off and managed to get the platinum. After getting frustrated with the 1CC trophy (beat Experienced without continuing), I decided to jump up to Veteran. So when I returned to Experienced tonight it was a breeze. Only lost one life in the whole run where as before I was entering the final boss with no extra lives and messing up. I managed to even beat the boss without dying. 15 times multiplier was a little tough to get as well.

This was my first platinum in a while. I am also going to go after the Tearaway one. Just pretty much collectibles to grab at this point plus a couple silly ones that I need to clean up.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:08 am

Congrats on the platinum. I wish I understood Resogun better, but I really don't. I have no idea what I'm doing in the game besides shooting shit that is coming at me.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks Bret! After playing so much Super Stardust, the basics of Resogun came naturally though it took a bit of learning and discussing it online with some people to get all the nuances of scoring and human saving.

Also I followed this up with a Tearaway platinum today!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:43 pm

I think I'll be going for the platinum in Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault. Only 8 trophies away and they're all doable. If I need help I may call on you Trip for one of the trophies (you have to beat the developer times on 3 levels, I've already done 2). Not looking forward to the trophy where you have to hover boot, run, and glide for a certain amount of miles since there is no way of tracking this. I'll probably spend a good portion of today attempting this.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Just need one more trophy for the Full Frontal Assault platinum.  As it turns out I won't be needing Trip, I'll just need some patience.  The last trophy I need is the one I'm not looking forward to. Apparently I've glided for at least a quarter of a mile, I've done the running bit, and I have for sure done the hover boot for at least 50 miles but not more than 100 (need 112).  I wish 1 of the other 2 would tell you when you reach the milestone like the running one does, so I'll literally just be zipping around and flying for no reason.  Bummer deal, but platinum glory awaits!

Last edited by BretBaber on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Nice. I never really took a run at that platinum. Sucks that there is a grind-y trophy.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Seems like they do it with all of the Ratchet games, but the worst was definitely the first game from the HD collection where you had to either make 1 million or 250,000 bolts. You hardly earn bolts in that game and I won't lie, I cheated to get it. Some people were saying they played through the game 4 times without it popping up. Bummer.

In the end, I really liked Full Frontal Assault. The multiplayer would be really fun if I still enjoyed playing multiplayer. There's a lot to do in the game to get your money's worth, but I believe the game launched for $20 so really you got your money worth right from the start.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 am

Platinum Glory! I had to hover around for 2 hours until that stupid trophy popped up. Insomniac, stop making stupid grinding trophies like that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Congrats!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:41 am

I will be drinking the finest wine out of my 20th platinum trophy. Success is sweet my friends.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:18 am

I decided to finally go back and get all the collectibles/singleplayer trophies I was missing in The Last of Us. It was kind of bugging me I never got them. I didn't look very hard on my two Survivor runs though because I was more worried about not getting caught in a bad spot supply/health wise (so I'd sneak by whole areas for instance). Anyway, I finished those trophies up today. Not sure I'll ever get the platinum just because it seems like it'd take a lot of time in multiplayer. Wish they were a little simpler like Uncharted's MP ones, then I'd have it.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:09 pm

What are the multiplayer ones? I didn't know there was one other than pick a faction or something like that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next