The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Trophying/Achievement Thread

+10
Nephilimi
Krubixcube
volvocrusher
Motinator
Bannen
BretBaber
TheMatt
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by volvocrusher Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:36 am

Okay Neph, just think about this for a second. You are buying whore games so you can cover up your whoring because one's especially bad. This is a sign that you have a serious problem.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The Trophying/Achievement Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trophying/Achievement Thread

Post by Krubixcube Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 am

Do you even ENJOY playing games anymore? =p
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:03 am

Haha, buying whore games to cover up really bad whore games. When you put it that way it doesn't sound very good...

Sometimes... I enjoyed playing Bioshock... and Far Cry... and Xcom... so about 1 out of every 10 games I play.

Excluding trophies, I don't enjoy playing most games. I play them for the experience or the story. For example I didn't enjoy playing Mass Effect or Walking Dead or Spec Ops. But I loved all three games.

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:10 am

I'd say enjoying a story is enjoying a game though. I don't ENJOY playing turn based games but I like the games...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 am

Does anyone still have Burnout and wouldn't mind helping me with a couple trophies? I don't need that 8 person one because I think there's a way to glitch it, but I would need the take a picture when you're winning and such. Also I might buy some DLC depending.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Everytime someone brings up Burnout I kick myself for not buying it when I saw it and now it's too expensive to justify the price for me. But I'll most likely get it later on because I must try it lol

I saw Neph playing Sonic the Fighters, so how was it?
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Some of us were talking about playing Need for Speed Most Wanted some time. But I'd still enjoy Burnout too
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Another game I still don't have Sad If you guys ever go back to Hot Pursuit, then I'd be down for that.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Is burnout expensive? I thought the ultimate edition was like 20 or 30 bucks for all the dlc and everything.

I played again for the first time today and it was actually a lot more fun and less frustrating than I remember. Like a lot better than I remember. If everyone played it again that would be awesome. You guys were always so good I was lucky anytime I didn't finish dead last.

As far as online trophies I guess I only need help with the camera trophy, 10 freeburn challenges, be on the blue team, 10 timed challenges and 5 bike freeburn challenges. I don't know how long the freeburn challenges take. The 8 person stadium and 8 person bike ride are likely impossible at this point.

Is there any setting or anything that helps you figure out where to go during a race?

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I could help with Burnout trophies, Neph. Just give me at least a day's notice before you try in case I haven't gotten around to updating it yet. Tht game has like 53 updates to install and half of them are pretty big
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:03 am

Not sure if the PS3 is region free otherwise I might have gone for the UE of Burnout. Amazon has the regular greatest hits one for 30+ bucks and not sure I want to pay for something that should be 20.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 am

PS3 is region free for 99.9% of the games. The only one i know that's region locked is P4A, any other game from another region should be fine.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 am

ajapam wrote:I could help with Burnout trophies, Neph. Just give me at least a day's notice before you try in case I haven't gotten around to updating it yet. Tht game has like 53 updates to install and half of them are pretty big

Awesome thanks. Yeah it took almost an hour today for the update.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 am

I'd play some Burnout. I wouldn't mind doing some challenges and stuff again.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Nephilimi wrote:Is burnout expensive? I thought the ultimate edition was like 20 or 30 bucks for all the dlc and everything.

I played again for the first time today and it was actually a lot more fun and less frustrating than I remember. Like a lot better than I remember. If everyone played it again that would be awesome. You guys were always so good I was lucky anytime I didn't finish dead last.

As far as online trophies I guess I only need help with the camera trophy, 10 freeburn challenges, be on the blue team, 10 timed challenges and 5 bike freeburn challenges. I don't know how long the freeburn challenges take. The 8 person stadium and 8 person bike ride are likely impossible at this point.

Is there any setting or anything that helps you figure out where to go during a race?

If we chose easy ones, 10 freeburn challenges would take like fifteen minutes.
Keeping to the route in a race is always my biggest problem. If you really pay attention though, your car will turn on its single before a turn and the signs on the top of the screen will flash.
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 am

Would anyone want to play tonight?

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey Neph, I always wanted to ask you something, when you finish getting the platinum for some games, like let say the ones you buy only to get the platinum, what do you do to those games? Do you keep them or do you sell them? I mean I've always been curious.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 am

I have a rental service so I use that for most of my whoring games. A rental service is essential for every whore. Sometimes I buy a game off Amazon if it's under ten bucks but then I usually trade it in, even if it's like 2 dollars.

Outside of whoring games I'm just like everyone else. I trade in some games but usually keep most of real games that I buy.

Thanks so so so much for you help tonight Ajapam. So many burnout trophies and now I'm so very close to 90% I can taste it. Burnout is super fun and we should totally do games night for it.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 am

Every once in a while, I come into this thread just to troll Neph. Neph...you make me sad.

TEHEHEHE *runs away*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:59 pm

I agree with Neph, we should do Burnout nights. Most Wanted is alright, but it's really just a downgraded Burnout Paradise with cops thrown in
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm

I'd love to play Burnout some night. I think the multiplayer is much better-- mainly because it handles races better. It'd probably take me 10 years to download all the update, so let me know a few days in advance if we're gonna play! haha
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Gonna have to force myself to buy Burnout if you guys are gonna do game nights for it. Hopefully I can pull off enough points on Bing to get some Amazon giftcards for it lol
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Heck, I might say burnout does cops better. With the DLC, we get to chase each other! Actually, even Hot Pursuit did that better, haha
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 pm

I finally got the PS All Stars platinum. Arcade mode was kind of a grind for me. It is my 23rd platinum.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Congrats Trip! Hopefully I get that game at some point this year.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I loved PS All Stars until I got the platinum, now I haven't played it much since then. Got the platinum for the Vita version as well. Great game, just wish the characters were cheaper and I'd probably play more online. I see your last trophy was Toro, the worst character to play with.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm

I have been working on getting the platinum trophy for Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. The problem is I have one trophy left, and from what I read online it is terribly glitchy. I've successfully done what was needed 5 or 6 times and nothing. It's a skill point on planet dobbo. You have to defeat every enemy only using weapons from the first Ratchet and Clank game. I've read that you can't let them go into the water, that you have to go to a different world and reset the game and then go back, that you can't use upgraded armor, etc.... I've read a lot of shit and I've tried them all. I spent a lot of time trying to get this platinum trophy and if a glitch denies me I'll be very pissed.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Tue May 14, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm pretty sure I was never able to get that skill point on the original PS2 version either. I never read into it much but I definitely remember being frustrated by it not working.
Motinator
Motinator

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue May 14, 2013 8:01 pm

If there was a problem with the PS2 version you'd think they'd work hard on fixing the problem when they ported it to an HD classic. I'm gonna do some more research online, because I don't want all of this work to be wasted.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next