The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Bullshit Thread

+7
ajapam
A Roguish Ham
BretBaber
Krubixcube
Miraculous Kaydybug
pspiddy
volvocrusher
11 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Bullshit Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bullshit Thread

Post by ajapam Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:11 am

The selfie part reminds me of the time I discovered that Auschwitz selfies were a thing. I guess thousands of people died here or something but LOOK AT ME IN THIS PICTURE! I WENT TO A PLACE!
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:16 pm

So I'm working at a restaurant supply warehouse now and found two things that belong here. Apparently imitation bacon bits are a thing which is just wrong. The other was a package of lard advertising that it has no trans fat. Pretty sure no one cares about the nutrition in a fucking box of lard.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:36 am

i stocked some lard with that same "no trans fat" message on it at walmart the other day. it made me laugh
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:20 am

ajapam wrote:The selfie part reminds me of the time I discovered that Auschwitz selfies were a thing. I guess thousands of people died here or something but LOOK AT ME IN THIS PICTURE! I WENT TO A PLACE!

I saw people taking selfies at the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Memorial. Not really a thing you take a selfie for...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:19 am

Figure this is the best place to ask this: What's everyone's take on the presidential primaries?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Trump is an idiot. People are anger-voting for him. Liberals are doing their typical thing and whining without actually voting.

Pretty standard really. But the popularity of "outside" candidates is interesting. If Trump wins though...oh man.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm not sure if idiot is the right word for Trump. Lunatic seems a better fit, but I think he knows exactly what he's doing and juse doesn'tcare that hr has no clue how to tun this country. He only wants to prove no one can stop hI'm from being president. Though I would call people voting for him idiots since they essentially want Mr Burns to run the country
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:31 pm

I'd vote for a Republican candidate if the party would stop nominating/pushing for same old "rich, white, (possibly) sexist/xenophobic/homophobic businessmen with little to no/questionable political experience", none of which wouldn't be caught dead in the same room as you or I. They tend to cater towards the less evolved of the voter base and the worldview they champion is full of jingoism and fear-mongering. Its a fucking scary group made so by extreme right-wing pundits and sheep who never question what they're told. All of this may feel this way to me only on a PR level but I can't connect or relate to it.

I thought the Bush and (especially) Romney campaigns were embarrassing but the nomination period is setting a baffling precedent. I don't think that Trump or any of the other candidates can actually secure a presidential win but the fact that it's lasted this long for Trump is nuts. I suspect that this is nothing but a game for him, a drawn-out joke and he doesn't really care about any damages that he or his voter base cause.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Agreed, I'm an independent at heart - sometimes democratic policies work, sometimes republican policies work but the current republican party just seems bananas. Using inflammatory rhetoric constantly.

I just hate the infighting. The two parties shouldn't be enemies, they should be rivals maybe but the attitude should sound more like "I disagree with my respected colleague" and not "The guy on the other end of the aisle is an idiot, and he'll ruin the country and take your guns."

That's not good for anyone. Frankly, the liberals I know constantly mocking Trump aren't helping. Take him seriously, force him to come up to your level. Belittle trump for name calling by calling him names seems to be the current liberal strategy. That and not voting, since liberals love to bitch but not to actually vote.

OK, political rant over, thanks for listening guys :-p
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:23 pm

Haha, wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to listen. Honestly though, Trump seems like the natural regression of candidates. They keep throwing candidates people aren't happy with at them yet either vote out of fear of the other guy winning that they'll begrudgingly vote for the lesser of two evils, vote for a third party and feel no difference was made after, or not vote at all.
Now we have this guy coming who's different from the usual candidates. And even though it's not a good different, people are buying into it because change happens when people know they're not happy even if they don't know why they're not happy. Trump is just capitalizing on it, giving people something they're not sure they want, but know it's not like the others who they definitely don't know they want. It doesn't justify a vote for Trump by any means, but I feel there's a lot more to this than people are racist or idiots.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 01, 2016 12:57 am

The Ghostbusters remake trailer should have been posted on here (that's on me and I accept full responsibility and shame for doing so), but it's video game is charging $50 for a top down shooter
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 01, 2016 11:42 am

The Ghostbusters trailer should have been in here...and it's a shame because I think the women they chose are very funny but that script seems, well, bad.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun May 01, 2016 11:52 am

I'm fine with an all female Ghostbusters in theory too, but when a movie opens a trailer with seven seconds of puking as its opening joke, I can't see why you would want to defend this. Defend the pitch sure, but not what they've been showing off
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun May 01, 2016 7:14 pm

I was actually really excited when they announced the cast but it's all the more sad when you waste good talent on bad writing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sun May 01, 2016 7:53 pm

I wasn't super blown away by the trailer, but the two people who wrote it have done a lot of really awesome TV stuff like Freaks and Geeks, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development... so I'll give it a chance. Also my fiance is super excited to see it, because Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are two of her favorites.

And lets be real. There's no way to reboot Ghostbusters without it being somewhat of a disappointment. The original is a timeless classic.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 am

President Trump. Might as well lock this thread now.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:21 pm

How is it there's been three controversies over Starbucks coffee cups within the span of one year?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Today I learned that I'll have to do an extra year (if I'm lucky) at university on top of what I already planned for I want to graduate. Apparently there's some requirement I never saw. That's some bullshit

May just go do a year at the college so I can get a decent job because really that'd be more practical and I can learn whatever else I want on my own time. Feel kinda robbed though to be honest. I'm already sick enough of school and could've been relatively well off if I hadn't spent so much time on it
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 am

Man, that sucks HUGE nuts. Your adviser is clearly not doing their job Sad

Are online courses an option to get some of the easier requirements taken care of?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:38 pm

That would be an option, though I still don't know if it's worth it. Lots of time and money spent on stuff that's not relevant to me and it's not like my degree will give me easy career prospects. Looking at it my other option at university is to get a general science degree, which doesn't seem particularly useful either unless I got for a higher-level degree (LOL no way)
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:42 pm

This new refugee policy honestly has me pretty damn pissed. I'm all for the US not taking in so many at once, but this alternative is so much worse. I felt the solution was just checking into these people to make sure they don't pose a threat (and NOTHING else) and getting more than a couple countries to let in refugees so the ones that do don't take in more than they can handle.

What we get instead is just disgusting. Not letting people in with green cards, targeting only Muslim nations, not even bothering to try to hide that this is against a single religion, and the fact that Trump excluded countries he does business with. For all my issues with the left, they never do anything this disgusting and against what this country is about.

Last edited by volvocrusher on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:46 pm

It's atrocious. I'm still staying as moderate I can, not overreacting to everything president cheeto does because 85% of what he's done is what any republican would have done so far but that shit goes against this country's values in a huge way.

Think I'll be doing a donation to the ACLU today. Someone's gotta take that to court.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah, I agree. Repealing the ACA is one thing, it's a shitty thing to get rid of it without having a plan intact, but it's also pretty much impossible to tweak the thing. There's so many issues with it, that I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with what the left or right did regarding it.

But this is just deplorable and unnecessary. It's something Americans shouldn't stand for in any capacity.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm concerned, as someone with a pre-existing condition, if they wipe it without leaving the protections afforded in the ACA intact (which I think most republican voters DO want).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Oh yeah, I completely understand that. But my job offers shit health care, so bad that it's not even worth taking the pay cut for while I can still be on my mom's. But when she retires this June, I would have to take it if the ACA would still be in place to not place that fine. And I know Kay has it worse where she can't afford any insurance offered so she has to take the fine.

And I'm leaning more towards the side the dems had because as shit as it is, the alternative is worse IMO. But someone gets the shaft either way, which is why it didn't irk me as much as this.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm actually shocked by how fast this seems to be happening. Pretty worried about what will happen in the long run
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:40 am

So with this whole Joss Whedon debacle, I realized I don't think I can enjoy his stuff anymore. Not out of principle either, stuff like Black Widow tied to the chair in Avengers takes me out and just wonder "Was this a part of a ploy to sleep with her?" Not even saying it's likely in most cases, just can't get past that after hearing about the stuff he did. Granted I was never that big a Whedon fan, but I still loved the Avengers movies. At least glad he won't do the next ones.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm very on the fence about it. That said, I too don't really love Whedon so feel no need to defend him out of principle. I've always thought him to be...alright. From my understanding of it (and that is little, so feel free to correct) what bothers me is that he proclaims himself a feminist, and then pulls some kind of shady shit.

Never proclaim yourself anything. That's the lesson. Unless you live and breath it, you aren't...it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:09 pm

This whole net neutrality stuff is just so irritating. 83% of Americans are against the FCC's decision and you can't get 83% of America to agree on ANYTHING. We can't call ourselves a democracy anymore.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 pm

So if you scroll above, you can see I'm not a fan of our current president. But when CNN and company are saying more good things about North Korea in a single weekend than they have about Donny in over an entire year, something is horribly wrong. I'm not even saying they should say anything good about him either, he's a mess in far more ways than not. But don't say good things about the most evil country in the world right now, especially when they're using the Winter Olympics to employ propaganda tactics first employed by Nazi Germany in order to get stupid people to buy into the idea that they're not run by a man objectively more evil, insane, and insecure than Donny.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next