The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games?

+4
ajapam
Krubixcube
pspiddy
BretBaber
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games? - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games?

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 am

Progress for Chrono Cross is definitely happening. It's the game I've been playing on my Vita the most, and I'm nearing completion. Just got the Einlanzer (I believe it was called that) from Isle of the Damned, and when I go to gamefaqs it appears I'm nearing the end of my adventure. My thoughts on the game are a lot better than they were during the beginning since I finally started to understand combat, leveling, elements, weapons, etc.... It still isn't better than Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy IX, but I might put it in my top 5 favorite PS1 role playing games. Hopefully I can finish it soon so I'll be done when I get Tearaway for Christmas.

As Lynx, I'm using Norris and Harle as my other two characters.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games? - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games?

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 am

I'd like for this thread to be active again. I just read everything on here and thoroughly enjoyed doing it.

Never beat Parasite Eve 2, the last boss kicked my ass like the last boss in Parasite Eve 1. So that's disappointing.

I also never beat Chrono Cross. I enjoyed the game but stopped for some reason that I can't remember. Would still like to beat that game, but as for Parasite Eve 2 I don't think so. That last boss was so hard, and there's like 3 forms and I couldn't even beat the first. No thanks. It was one of those games that had a weapon that made beating the game a lot easier, but if you missed it you were shit out of luck. That's a cheap and horrible way to make a game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 am

I beat Chrono Cross once...I have it and would be willing to give it another go. Could probably get it going on an emulator too so I never have to get off my lazy butt (or disturb my girlfriend's Bloodborne playthrough).

I never remember Chrono Cross being all that bad...but I was a lot more obsessive of a gamer back then and really would have searched every nook and cranny.

I never played any of the Brave Fencer series...or the old Suikodens. Honestly, I missed a lot of good JRPGs from the heyday of Japan's game development period.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 am

I'd love to do a play of Brave Fencer Musashi with everyone. I had so many fond memories of that game, I hope when I do finally get around to playing it again those memories don't get tarnished. I still don't know why they never released that on PSN. In fact, why did Sony stop releasing games on PSN?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:44 pm

They don't love us, man.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

I used to love getting those PS1 games as free games for having PS+ too. I'd rather have those or PSP games then most of the indie Vita games they give us.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Or...Kung Fu Panda *shudder*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4