The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation

+10
Motinator
chocobot
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat May 11, 2013 3:22 am

Pfft you're still hotter than Ema Wattson regardless of her hair ^_^
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation

Post by Captain N Tue May 14, 2013 8:01 pm

New Nintendo E3 rumors from some guy called 100 Year Old Gamer, and note whoever this is hasn't been wrong before:

Nintendo will air three to five Nintendo Directs before and around E3, starting on May 30

3D Mario will be "huge, bigger than any Mario game to date" and looks "unlike anything you've ever seen"

Retro's new game will be a first person, futuristic, and something everyone wants them to do

When asked if "a certain Super Saiyan" would join Smash Bros (since Namco is involved), he said it "hasn't been decided yet, but there is a chance"

Interesting rumors, though Retro's seem like a Metroid Prime game, unless it's Starfox in first-person, could be a new IP. I am very excited for Mario though.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Any thoughts on The Order 1886 and who might be making it? Seems like a new IP for PS4. It seems most people I have seen are leaning towards it being from Ready at Dawn. Seems like it will likely be revealed at E3 or thereabouts.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 pm

More Nintendo E3 rumors from 100 Year Old Gamer:

Pokemon News:

Pokemon X&Y and Pokemon Rumble U news expected with no other Pokemon games revealed.

Game Updates:

Yoshi Wii U is said to be a late 2013/early2014 title.
Games said to be at the E3 showfloor include: 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, W101, X, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

Rumored/Unconfirmed Games:

Capcom supposedly working on a Resident Evil remake from their back catalogue.
Nintendo wanting to continue Picross on Nintendo 3DS.
New Star Fox title, said to be more like Lylat Wars, expected this generation.
Star Wars expected on Wii U as "Disney likes the Wii U so far".
Nintendo titles to use NFC-new IP from Nintendo.
New Animal Crossing expected, but "way off" for Wii U.
Nintendo tried to regain Banjo Kazooie but it didn't work out.
A Final Fantasy remake is being developed for the Wii U.
Games that use dual Gamepad controllers will be announced.

Legend of Zelda:

New Legend of Zelda is said to feature a return for past races like Gorons, Zoras plus new additional species to encounter.
The game is also venturing into a more "RPG-like" territory without "going full out RPG", like Skyward Sword.

Hardware Revisions and Performance:

Wii U periperhals expected this year (to connect tot he Gamepad)
A New Nintendo Wii U is expected by the end of 2014 with more internal storage but Blu-Ray is unknown.
A new Nintendo 3DS revision is expected, but not within the next two years.
Denies Wii U clock-speed increases.
Achievements and linked accounts said to be coming but "in a different way than anyone else".
Nintendo working on trying to get more engines supported by Wii U.

Virtual Console Releases:

Nintendo are expected to show and highlight classic GameCube titles heading to Virtual Console.
Online multiplayer for classic Virtual Console titles isn't likely from Nintendo but "third parties will".
Plans to release classic titles, like Xenoblade Chronicles, on the Wii U eShop is likely at some point.

Retro Studios Wii U Project:

The upcoming, untitled game from Retro Studios is said to be first-person, futuristic and "something everyone wants them to make".
Said to be working on a Donkey Kong track for Mario kart Wii U.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 16, 2013 7:47 pm

I don't think the Star Wars part will be true since EA will be handling SW games and will not be making any Wii U games.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 17, 2013 2:39 am

Here is some trailer for a new SCEJ game:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/panopticon/

Feels like someone here would enjoy this.

Maybe this wasn't the best thread for that... haha. I don't know.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri May 17, 2013 3:02 am

I'm really excited to see more of Panopticon. Looks so interesting but I wonder what kind of game it will be, and what platform it's for. If it's a Monster Hunter type game I'll be really disappointed though. Bleh.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Heard that the next 3D Mario will be an open world platformer with Galaxy-like mechanics in it. Sounds like a Super Mario 64 like game to me but still sounds awesome.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 22, 2013 1:33 am

I'm a believer that 3D Mario is better when it's linear as it means tighter platforming level designs. Though they are welcome to prove me wrong.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 am

I'd prefer if it was something like Sunshine's FLUDD-less levels. You have to figure out how to get to a linear area in a non-linear area. I agree that Mario's better linear also, though I'd still want some exploration.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 am

Sunshine is my favorite Mario so....
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 am

Well it's a rumor but anything is fine with me since Mario works either way. As for Sunshine, I liked how it felt more like a Banjo game than a Mario game. Agreed on the FLUDD-less levels, those were just awesome.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 am

Rayman is still my favorite platformer this gen...hands down. Favorite platformer in a long time. It's that nice mix of challenge and flow that made me want all the time trials and collectables for their own sake, which is a rare thing for me.

Mario games are good...but for instance I"m playing the Mario they put out for the DS and it's good. But it's not like "MUST...TRY...AGAIN" like the tricky treasure levels it's just a less polished Super Mario World. And I just played Super Mario World!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 am

Well you didn't play either Mario Galaxy so...
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed May 22, 2013 6:47 pm

volvocrusher wrote:Well you didn't play either Mario Galaxy so...

This.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 pm

No, I didn't, and that is a fair thing to say. Was just having a rant.

When do you think Nintendo WILL release a new IP though? They have a habit of indeed making a game that could be a new IP and slapping one of their characters on it. What's the last new one they released? PIkmin?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Well to be fair, Wii Sports and Nintendogs are considered new IP's by people. But yep, Nintendo does need some new IP's. I heard that Miyamoto is working on a new IP but haven't heard a word on anything else about it. And does Xenoblade count as a new IP? If so, youtube X from Monolith Soft, that game looks really good.

Also more rumors: Retro Studios is "apparently" working on a 3DS Metroid and Kirby game. I'd love to see a new 2D Metroid, or a 3D one with Primes gameplay style. On Kirby, not so sure but my brother said that's the best news he's heard all week.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed May 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Elite Beat Agents was a new IP. And I know some people will say this doesn't count, but they've been putting a good amount of awesome new IPs on the eshop like Pushmo. The whole lack of new IP thing really doesn't bother me too much though because they'll make spin-offs that actually feel really different like Kirby's Epic Yarn and their games just feel different from most other things on the market.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 pm

I wouldn't mind another new IP action/adventure game from them in the vein of Metroid or Zelda. In this day and age, I really like Nintendo's gameplay first attitude. Would it be nice if they were more well-rounded. Sure. But anyway, a whole new series in that vein that wasn't beholden to those series existing ideals or whatever I think would be good.

Also is it really possible Retro is working on a Wii U game, and 3DS Metroid and Kirby games? I say no. Where are you getting this stuff ngamer.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Those eShop games count as new IP's no matter how much people want to deny that because they are either from Nintendo, or a developer working for them that are making them.

And this stuff is coming from that 100 Year Old Gamer guy I mentioned alot, apparently all the stuff he leaks has come true, and get this, apparently it's a guy from Nintendo leaking this stuff. The Kirby one is something my bro told me about from a site he frequently visits. But like with any rumor, take it with a gain of salt.

On Retro, well it isn't too farfetched that they could be working on more projects, they did move to a bigger building a while back. Maybe for more development teams.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 am

weren't Xenoblade and Elite Beat Agents (and its Japanese counterpart) NOT developed by Nintendo though?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 23, 2013 12:43 am

They're second party, so for all intents and purposes they were. I mean, Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are second parties yet everyone considers their games to be Sony games.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 23, 2013 12:48 am

...I don't. Naughty Dog makes games that are on Sony consoles but Sony didn't make it. But you know what i meant. That would be like saying during the PSOne/2 era that Final Fantasy was a Sony IP. Zelda and Mario are Nintendo IPs, that's what I was more stabbing at.

And hell, maybe the lesson here is that hopefully Nintendo's going to start opening the door to more second party developers to get some new things associated with their name.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 am

Well, if they actually own the company I'd consider it their game also. There's a big difference between that and FFVII where Square was just using Sony to help distribute the game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 am

Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are first party. Though Sucker Punch only as of a couple of years ago. Ratchet & Clank might be a better example. Or Heavy Rain. Both Sony's IPs by an independent developer.

Edit: I agree with the sentiment that those types of games are considered new games by Sony though. So same could be fair for Nintendo.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 23, 2013 2:19 am

Fair enough
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 am

Serious thought (i put this here because you might think I'm joking but im not) I'd like to see Nintendo make a third person shooter. Be interesting to see what theyd do with it, and really it could be like Jet Force Gemini which is my 2nd favorite N64 game behind Majora's Mask.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu May 23, 2013 3:34 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:Serious thought (i put this here because you might think I'm joking but im not) I'd like to see Nintendo make a third person shooter. Be interesting to see what theyd do with it, and really it could be like Jet Force Gemini which is my 2nd favorite N64 game behind Majora's Mask.

I always wanted them to make a Prime like game but in third-person and it allows you to go in first person. But a new IP would be cool too, unless they want to fix everything that was wrong with Starfox Assault. Say what you want on it but the multiplayer was awesome.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Captain N Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 am

Damn Nintendo and their morning presentations and I'll still get up anyway.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next