The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation

+10
Motinator
chocobot
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
Captain N
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation

Post by Captain N Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Well, gamers have spoken against the X1, and some devs think that what MS showed was pointless. So PS4 seems the way to go. Though I am curious what historic game Rare will show, I'm guessing it's something like either Battle Toads or a Banjo game. Unless it's Goldeneye.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: The Pre-E3 2013 Thread | Wishes, Predictions and Speculation

Post by TheMatt Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:54 pm

The only way I would be interested in a new Goldeneye game would be if Rare reassembled the team with all the Free Radical guys... but at that point just make another damn Time Splitters.

I have been using my Wii U a ton lately. I absolutely love it for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, because I can pop the video onto the tablet if I want to walk into another room. The extra screen is just awesome in general. I really hope they show some big games for E3... because so far I'm digging the system a lot... there's just not a whole lot to play for it! I actually really like how the buttons feel on the game pad. The D pad is great, the sticks are amazing and the trigger buttons have a nice click to them.

By the way, my Nintendo network game is TheMattV1 if anyone wants to add me :-)
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm loving the game pad a lot too. The analog stick setup is fantastic for FPS games, the D-Pad is one of the best I've ever felt, and The buttons all feel great. Surprisingly light too, things so much more comfortable than I thought it would be. The only thing I don't like are the triggers aren't analog like the 360's RT and LT buttons.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah the Gamepad is pretty light and glad you guys are having fun. The Gamepad has tons of potential and as Matt said, it's good for steaming services as well. Hopefully they do show more games at E3, and they will.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 am

I added you, TheMatt. Anyone else wants to add me, it's SanAndreas.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:13 am

They could have different models/skews with different price ranges. For example, Microsoft may try that $200-$300 price model with a 2-year XBL subscription.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:11 am

avidacridjam wrote:They could have different models/skews with different price ranges. For example, Microsoft may try that $200-$300 price model with a 2-year XBL subscription.

I've heard rumors of MS subsidizing the Xbone (and 360) by locking users into a 2-year subscription, cell-phone style.

But, are they going to charge by the month for all 24 of those months, and if so, how much? You can buy a 1-year sub to XBL for $60 (and less than that if you know where to look) so locking someone into a $10/month sub is still kind of a ripoff. I guess that it could be a boilng-frog kind of thing psychologically. I wouldn't go for it myself, since I don't like being locked into subscriptions and don't really want to pay for online play anymore.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:35 am

One of those models with PS+ doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, but with Live meh. Live doesn't really give anything that shouldnt already be free.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 am

LolXboxLive.
LolPayingSoYouCanGoOnlineAndBuyMoreThings.
LolPayingToHaveYourDashboardFilledWithAdverts.

Yahnah. Xbox Live has and always will be a rip-off. PS+ has it right, being optional and all. You get some damn good games off that too.
Rainjar
Rainjar

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 am

I don't know, going with this "digital is the future" thing (which is very true) and then CHARGING for the way that people will want to consume the most is...fucking...why?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Rainjar wrote:LolXboxLive.
LolPayingSoYouCanGoOnlineAndBuyMoreThings.
LolPayingToHaveYourDashboardFilledWithAdverts.

Yahnah. Xbox Live has and always will be a rip-off. PS+ has it right, being optional and all. You get some damn good games off that too.

To be fair, I liked Xbox Love in the first couple of years I had my 360, but that was back when it was the only game in town for online console gaming for all intents and purposes. I was never into online gaming on the PC, and PSN, while still flawed, is far better today than it was in 2007. But now that there are good alternatives for online I just don't want to pay for Live anymore, even if it is 4-ish bucks a month with a year subscription card, plus I soured on the Xbox line after my E74. I still have it, but I only keep it for stuff like Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and Blue Dragon that never showed up on PS3 or Wii.

Plus, to be honest, I only enjoyed online shooters back when I felt it was a novelty. The novelty is gone for me. The only games I play online are fighting games and occasional stuff like Fat Princess.

With Xbone looking more and more like a console marketed strictly for hardcore American dudebro shooter fans - no Japan and little Europe, it seems -people who want a juiced-up cable/Roku box, and its locking down of its games behind EA-style DRM, MS is doing a bang-up job of selling me a PlayStation 4.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Apparently they'll focus more on Japan with Xbone but I don't see how especially after all their focus on the TV shit that'll only be relevant to the U.S on launch.
Rainjar
Rainjar

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 am

I saw Greenman joking (or not joking possibly) about how Sony will forget the Vita again this year. Obviously I hope not. I think one advantage is that devs (ones they didn't you know close) that worked on early Vita games should have stuff to show again. Assuming some of them are working on new Vita games. It seems very likely at least Bend and Team Siren at Sony Japan are. Any expectations/wishes in the Vita area for you guys?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 pm

I wasn't joking actually. That Sony just ignored the thing when it hadn't been out for half a year even blew my mind. I'd love to be wrong, but I discovered that being cynical as possible is the only way to not be disappointed with the Vita.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Yeah but I mean obviously Sony didn't ignore the Vita's launch at all. They had a bunch of games made internally for that time period and left themselves with like nothing to show six months later at E3. Assuming Sony hasn't given up on it altogether, it can't possibly be as bad as last year. I could see it getting brushed to the side in a big way because of the PS4 though.

Not that I'm expecting a lot. It just won't be as bad as last year.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:43 am

TripOpt55 wrote:Yeah but I mean obviously Sony didn't ignore the Vita's launch at all. They had a bunch of games made internally for that time period and left themselves with like nothing to show six months later at E3. Assuming Sony hasn't given up on it altogether, it can't possibly be as bad as last year. I could see it getting brushed to the side in a big way because of the PS4 though.

Not that I'm expecting a lot. It just won't be as bad as last year.

Exactly why I'm not expecting much from the Vita. I'm honestly fully prepared for when Sony's going to announce they discontinued the thing. I'd love to be proven wrong, the hardware is the best portable ever, but I have a hard time seeing the thing with a future.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 am

That required remote play feature should mean they arent ignoring the Vita, but this is Sony we are talking about
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 am

Hey here is an E3 trailer for Puppeteer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlEhkhDxKg

Also sounds like Sony Santa Monica will be unveiling their new IP at E3.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 am

It could just be that they had designed the remote play before they decided to end the Vita and decided to just show it off anyways because they still have a couple games in development for the thing and don't want people to think they ended it before the final games come out and officially end it so they can still push a few more units. It's completely speculating on my part, but it does seem like a possibility.

Like I said though, I would love to be wrong. It's just that the DS' lineup last year was better than the Vita's this year, even the PSP at its worst was doing better than this. I just have given up hope on the thing until Sony gives me a reason otherwise.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:27 am

I went to edit my E3 wishes blog (things I hope happen, but aren't all that likely) for tomorrow. I wrote it last week and the first wish was: "Sony doesn't forget the Vita exists"... haha. I apparently I don't have much faith in the Vita either so I'm not sure what I'm talking about in here. At least there is Bend I guess. Bend will give me something. They must.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:45 am

I want a puppy! =D
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

If I don't get news on FFV13 then you don't get a puppy. No puppy for you!
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:24 pm

pspiddy wrote:OK, since I know the $ony brass listen to everything I post on this forum here goes-

Vita price drop to $200 and PS4 launch price of $400. A bundle of both for $550 with 3 months of PS+ included. I have no citations to back up my random numbers.

And really, it's too late in the game for $ony to abandon Vita. But as Kay said, it IS $ony so all bets are off.

Pachter's pegging the PS4 at $350 launch and the Xbone at $400 launch.

I think it's time to cancel Versus 13 and fold it into FF15 myself. I'm hoping Square will announce FF15 at E3 as their "big announcement." Hopefully it's not an iOS version of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. LOL.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:49 am

TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:51 am

Looks cool. I'm in as long as it's like Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 awesomeness without the NG3 terribleness.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next