The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Heads Up Thread(deals and such)

+16
chocobot
Krubixcube
avidacridjam
ajapam
Keith_Games
Captain N
TheMatt
SanAndreasX
Motinator
b.b.hagen
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
BretBaber
volvocrusher
Bannen
pspiddy
20 posters

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

Go down

The Heads Up Thread(deals and such) - Page 22 Empty Re: The Heads Up Thread(deals and such)

Post by ajapam Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Mot wrote:In Canada, all this weekend, you can trade in any current generation game and get Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4 or COD Ghosts for free at Futureshop or Bestbuy. I'm pretty sure everywhere's already out of stock though. I didn't believe my friend when he told me.
Wow that's a great deal. I think I'd go for Ghosts (hey, gotta have one CoD game) but all of my discs are just in a binder. The cases are at home
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

The Heads Up Thread(deals and such) - Page 22 Empty Re: The Heads Up Thread(deals and such)

Post by BretBaber Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:42 am

I looked at the Target add for the buy 2 get 1 free. I was considering Knack as the third option to my FIFA and Killzone, but was disappointed to find out they're not selling Killzone and Knack until Friday. I'm getting the system at Wal-Mart at midnight and was hoping to start my gaming adventure that night as well. So what I might do is buy FIFA and Killzone from Wal-Mart and then do the buy 2 get 1 free at Target, and return the Target games to Wal-Mart using my Wal-Mart receipt. Unless they put them out early, which I hope that they do.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:54 am

From what I've read from others it seems Target has the games in the back and has nothing in their system to prevent them from selling them. So if they aren't out by Tuesday and you can get the people there to grab them from the back, you can probably just do it at Target on Tuesday. If it isn't too far out of the way, I'd at least try Target on Tuesday. Some people actually got the games today, but it probably depends on the store about how much trouble it would be.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 am

I forgot to mention that the store I work at got 40 PS4's yesterday. 30 were preorders and the other 10 are up for grabs at midnight. One of those 30 is mine, and that excites me!

I think I'm going to look at tuxes for the wedding tomorrow so I'll be driving past two Targets, so I'll probably check them out to see what they have.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 pm

The targets were crap, only had Call of Duty out for PS4. Anyone else have Target luck?
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 pm

That stinks Bret. I went to Target. It was pretty picked over. Even missing some non-PS4 games. They only had 2 copies of Killzone and some Maddens for PS4. Nothing else... haha. The guy said that cabinet was full this morning and they sold most all of it today. But hey I wanted Killzone, so that was a plus. At this point I figure, I was getting Ratchet and Killzone this week anyway. If I get something around Ratchet's price, I'm getting a pretty good deal.

But I heard of this other angle people were working. Basically video game purchases can award you a coupon good for 30% off of a purchase of two games. But not every purchase will get you the coupon, so I bought three pre-order cards for a dollar plus some random ass CoD bottle/can huggie thing for 1 cent and rung each up individually (you have to buy them at the front cash register to get the coupon in most places too). So I basically payed $3.01 to get the 30% off coupon to use with the B2G1 (you can also return these, but given the savings, I just didn't bother). So I decided on NSMB 2 for 3DS as my third game (I wanted Mario Kart 7, but they didn't have it). Anyway ended up paying about 72 dollars for Killzone Shadow Fall, Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus and NSMB 2 which I figure is a pretty good deal. If you use this system and buy three $60 (like PS4 games), you end up paying under 90 dollars if everything goes right. But it seems a very YMMV kind of deal. I lucked out and everything went swimmingly, but others have had toruble.

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Make sure you try the coin rush levels with NSMB2 Trip, the game is mostly cookie cutter NSMB (and not nearly as good as Wii or U), but those are a fun twist on time trial modes that I'm sure you'd enjoy a lot. Easily the best part. This just makes me glad I got that code from Amazon. Never wanted anything besides Killzone and Skylanders anyways.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:52 pm

If I wasn't getting my PS4 at midnight it wouldn't be a problem, but I want something to play right when I get home. My cousin went to another store and they said they won't put out Killzone until Friday. I was always planning on getting Killzone and FIFA, just wish I could have gotten another game for free.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:53 pm

You could just download Resogun.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Resogun looks great. Contrast I'm a bit lukewarm on (not sure why exactly), but still looking forward to trying it out.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 pm

I hate shooter games like Resogun (normally any ways) and I haven't seen anything on Contrast. Sounds more like something I'd like though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:10 am

I'm pretty sure I read that you could "buy" the free games on the PC store. Not sure about the PS3 store, though
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Just waiting for the Steam Holiday Sale...

Also there's a few PS3 games I want. I'm very boring this year when it comes to buying new games though. REALLY trying to get my backlog under control before christmas.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

The HD remakes of the first three Phoenix Wright games are $5 (for all of them, not per game) on iOS. Trust me, that's a fucking steal. First case in the first game is even available for free if you're unsure.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Audiosurf is on sale right now for $1 on the humble store.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:45 pm

volvocrusher wrote:The HD remakes of the first three Phoenix Wright games are $5 (for all of them, not per game) on iOS. Trust me, that's a fucking steal. First case in the first game is even available for free if you're unsure.
Ooh I'll have to check this out. Definitely worth a try at $5.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Choco I think you'd especially like them.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Awesome, I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know what I think about them soon enough.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:06 pm

If I didn't already have Warhawk, using Home would be a small price to pay to get that game.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks Volvo! Jumped on that
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Volvo, pspiddy is right about the pre-black friday sale. I can't remember where you got Skylanders for your PS4 at. If you got it at Wal-Mart, you should be able to go back and do a price adjustment. Act fast though, because I believe you only have 7 days to do so. Basically you'd be able to get back half of your money.

Also, all PS4 and Xbox One games are $10 off until the 29th.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Meh, I'd gladly miss out on five bucks if it means not going to Little China.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:02 pm

If you haven't already: Go check out the Steam Autumn Sale. There are daily deals every day, and a Flash Sale that occurs every 8 hours, as well!

I feel pretty lame when it comes to console gaming as-of lately. I've been buying a sh't-ton of games from the Steam Holiday Sale, with hopes to eventually purchase Borderlands 2 (GOTY) and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, soon.

I've shifted to a lot of PC gaming lately, so if you haven't already added me on Steam, you should! Anyway, Finals are coming up for me soon, so I doubt I'll get much gaming in (of any kind) until winter break. Hopefully I'll also be able to purchase a PS4 come early next year, as well. Smile
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next