The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What would you like to see this developer work on next?

4 posters

Go down

What would you like to see this developer work on next? Empty What would you like to see this developer work on next?

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Random thread idea. We look at some devs whose next project is unknown and say what we'd like to see them work on next. This will probably come down to either saying a sequel to a series they work on or a new IP though you can always say another existing series that would suit them. If you say a new IP explain what genre, kind of game, and type of things you'd like to see from their next game. Honestly would be good to mention some things you'd like in a sequel if you pick that route too. That will make the thread a bit more interesting. For a couple devs to start with maybe:

Kojima's new studio (I know this forces the new IP direction, but I'd be curious what you'd like to see here)
Rocksteady Studios

Feel free to throw another developer in the mix. I was thinking studios that don't just work on a single series that way their next project isn't obvious and we get some more varied answers.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see this developer work on next? Empty Re: What would you like to see this developer work on next?

Post by ajapam Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:10 pm

For Kojima, a recreation of Silent Hills would be glorious. Anything wild that doesn't try to recreate Metal Gear would be fine by me, though. A Ps4 timed exclusive before coming to PC would be the best case scenario, and supposedly that's already been confirmed.

I'd like more superhero games by Rocksteady. Just a different superhero with different gameplay to match it.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see this developer work on next? Empty Re: What would you like to see this developer work on next?

Post by volvocrusher Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Just found out this thread, neat idea. A little late for Kojima though, but with Rocksteady, I'd like to see them do a Rorschach game. It would have to be something WB owns (or a new IP which I'd be in favor of). But I feel Rorschach would be a great progression of how they kept making the Batman games darker. They could let you see a different, less stable kind of character before the Watchmen comics took place.

If WB wanted them to stick with mainline DC though, my vote would go to the Teen Titans. Maybe evolve what they did with all those DLC side stories in Arkham Knight, but every hero has a shorter story they then all come together for at the end. Wonder Woman could work also, especially since it would give a nice change of scenery. I'm less confident in them striking a good tone for Superman, Flash, or Green Lantern with how they're moving more towards darker stories, so I'd rather them not make one on any of those heroes.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:24 pm

It is hard to imagine Rocksteady working on anything other than another superhero game, but I'd love to see what they could do for another one so that is fine. Preferably something that wasn't just a glorified re-skinned Batman (WB has already overused some of the Batman mechanics enough). I don't really know superheroes well enough to say which they should go with.

I feel this was a good thread idea that didn't get enough traction. Feel free to throw out some other devs if you want. Naughty Dog, Retro, and Sucker Punch are all options I guess. Even if you want we could extend it to what you'd like to see in the next Mario game. Or say just how you want the next entry of a certain series to be like.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Naughty Dog- It's pretty much a given that they're going to do Last of Us 2, but I'd like them to work on a new IP that's about an alien invasion. Think Independence Day with good writing. I think it could work well with their cinematic nature and add a new gameplay element with flight.

Retro- Another Metroid Prime. No one's making games like that (as in a full 3D Metroidvania), it's been ten years since 3, there's a ton they can do with new tech. I want to see what they can do with it. If they make DKC a trilogy though, I'd like them to move it to 3D and work with that.

Sucker Punch- I'm honestly not sure. I'd prefer a new IP since I doubt Sony will bring back Sly anytime soon, but not sure what direction for them to go in. Maybe something Silent Hill esque in story where you are stuck in a haunted town, but instead of combat you have to use parkour moves to escape enemies. Always wanted to see a horror game mix in parkour and think they could do a good job with that idea.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:33 am

I would love to see Naughty Dog go a little outside where their comfort zone has been for the last decade. Now I still think they should make the same kind of story-focused, cinematic action/adventure games they have been because that is clearly where their passion is. But I think one way to get something different while not going away from their current strengths would be to work on something less grounded than Uncharted and The Last of Us. Sure they do have zombies and blue dudes in those games, but the environments and general technology is very grounded.

Sci-fi would work and I'd prefer something more cyberpunk than space opera personally. Or something fantastical... not sure the exact word I'm looking for. Not like medieval fantasy, but like something sort of modern but not so grounded in reality I guess (while the direction they were going with that new Jak game seemed like a bad call for a Jak game, the environments looked really awesome, so something like that would kind of fit what I am describing). Weird tech or magic could be used to spice up combat or really all the gameplay facets. Enemies could be more creative. And it would be cool to see them doing setpieces where they are less strained by reality. It actually felt like they couldn't go a whole lot of new places with the setpieces in Uncharted 4 (the biggest ones seemed like new takes on ones from earlier games). I am imagining some ND-style sci-fi setpieces and they seem pretty dope in my head. And really just imagining the art and worlds they could create when not being so grounded could be awesome.

That might just sound like I want sci-fi Uncharted which isn't what I mean. I'm just trying to come up with a way to have them continue to play to their strengths but while bringing something new to the table and I think a less grounded universe would be a good way to do it. I guess they could move towards a melee-focused combat system as well, but so few devs get those right and they seem to be committed to having multiplayer in their games, so I'm not expecting them to stray a ton from third-person shooting.

So yeah, I'm 95% sure we'll be getting The Last of Us 2 with a twenty-some year-old Ellie and I'm sure that will be awesome, but this is an idea for something that would fit the current Naughty Dog mold while also letting them spread their wings so to speak I guess.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:45 am

A less grounded sci-fy world could be cool, I'd take it something like Guardians of the Galaxy is what you're getting at. In terms of universe more than tone but I'd be down to see them do a comedy also. In fact if this Spider-Man deal goes anywhere I could totally get behind them doing a GotG game. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see them work on something original more but I'd be down with that.

I threw out alien invasion because gaming hasn't really seen many modern day alien invasion flicks and I feel between alien weapons, ship combat, and a bunch of different alien designs they can do a lot new with that concept.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 am

Drinkbox just finished Severed, which is an awesome must play game in my opinion, so I'm sure they're busy working on a new title. They seem to do a new genre every time, so I'd really love to see them work on an turn based RPG similar to the 16 bit era of RPG's. They craft beautiful worlds, and their combat in their games is always exciting. Whatever they make, I'll buy it, their last 3 games have all been superb.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:51 pm

I know Bioware is doing Mass Effect, but they usually have another project going on at the same time. Would love to see them return to Star Wars or Jade Empire with their current engine and formula. Prefer Kotor combat over DA while JE's more action approach could be very interesting with the formula. Can't wait to see how it works with Mass Effect.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:51 pm

I would have to research this, but Bioware was working on a new IP alongside the new Mass Effect and they have been mentioned as a developer working on a new Star Wars game (unless this was confused with them continuing work on the MMO). I do not know if the new IP got shelved at some point after the EA/Star Wars deal happened or anything though. I'm not exactly up to date on their team structure.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Yeah but I don't really consider these things to be real until I see something on them. Curious what Bioware would make if they did a new IP though. Jade Empire was their only original idea for a universe the rest just have really strong execution. Their take on superheroes could possibly be interesting
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:31 am

So I got one, after Horizon, do you want Guerilla's next game to be a sequel or have them go back to Killzone? I can't see them doing a new IP right after this, but I'm curious what everyone thinks. Personally I'd be okay with them taking a long break from KZ. Horizon just seems more like my kind of game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:25 am

Killzone.  Although I like Horizon's single player campaign more than Killzone, Killzone is my favorite online shooter.  Nothing is more fun or satisfying than warzone to me.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 pm

I guess I'd rather they do another Horizon. That is just more my kind of game. I do sort of miss when Sony's AAA first-party line-up had more diversity. Killzone was both an FPS and multiplayer-first game for them. Ultimately it doesn't matter though I guess. You don't want to fill a niche just for the sake of it or anything and I suppose they are probably happy with just having marketing deals with stuff like Destiny and CoD.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Was Killzone ever a big success like Sony wanted it to be? Seemed like it always had more of a cult following I wouldn't be surprised to see another Horizon game.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 pm

I believe sales-wise Killzone was just moderately successful like most Sony stuff (Uncharted, TLOU, GT, and GoW being the exceptions). I believe Horizon has the best launch sales of any Guerrilla game to date, but I'd have to check on that. Another Horizon title happening I think is a given though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am

No, I think you're right. Guerrilla Games tweeted that Horizon had the best launch of any PS4 new IP, so I'm assuming it's safe to say it had the best launch.

I'm nearing the end of Horizon, and I just find it hard for them to do a sequel with this world and this character, but they have writers and I am not one.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:40 pm

This is videogames. They'll find a way
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Vicarious Visions did a good job on the Crash Trilogy remake thing. What would you prefer to see from them next: a new Crash game, a Crash Team Racing remake, or a Spyro Trilogy remake similar to the Crash ones? Or something else I suppose.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:28 am

I want them doing a new Crash.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Obviously I would play a full on Spyro remake. Not sure how much of it would hold up though. I had trouble getting into Spyro 2 recently but I had a lot of fun replaying the first game a few years ago
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:19 am

Crash Team Racing. I played the game when it was out, but it was my sister's. Also, it would need online support.

If I really wanted them remaking anything it would be Timesplitters.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 am

Well, they couldn't make one since Activision doesn't own the Timesplitters license. That was Eidos so it's a Square property now.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:28 am

Oh, I know that, it's just a dream since you mentioned older games. As big of a fan as I am of Insomniac, the little I played of Spyro I did not like. Regardless, I'd still buy it if they made that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 pm

So kind of a reverse on this, but say Disney is pissed enough at how EA handled Battlefront 2 that EA loses the Star Wars license, who would you want to get it instead?

Personally, I think Sony would be a good choice. I wouldn't want their first party efforts to be mostly Star Wars, but they have the resources to put out one or two games a year and still have a healthy rotation of their other IPs. Ubisoft could work too, they're more willing to experiment than other publishers and have a healthy variety of genres. The only other publisher I'd really want would be Square (ie Eidos), but they just got Marvel and are focusing on that and I wouldn't want all their output to be licensed.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum