The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Games You Played in June 2015

5 posters

Go down

The Games You Played in June 2015 Empty The Games You Played in June 2015

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:36 am

Another month gone, so let's do this. Actually have a lot to go through this time.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The Games You Played in June 2015 Empty Re: The Games You Played in June 2015

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 am

Final Fantasy X HD (PS4) - Still a great game. Still hoping for Final Fantasy XII HD though. A

Other than a bunch of old classics, that's pretty much it for now
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Here are mine:

Splatoon: Excellent mechanics. Great style. Really fun singleplayer that is all too brief, but really pushes the core gameplay in some neat directions. The multiplayer is held back by a lack of content at launch and some other silly decisions that could have so easily been remedied like the utterly stupid map rotation. But it is unique and different still. And I had a lot of fun with it. Might pick it up again down the road when it has more content. Grade: B+

Game of Thrones Episode 3: Still kind of boring to play. Still has ugly graphics. Still in a world I love. Still a pretty good story. And Dany was in this one, so that is a plus. Grade: C

Metal Gear Rising: It is a fairly fun game in an under-represented genre, but it doesn't come close to the best that genre has to offer. Honestly I liked DmC better. Grade: B-

Batman: Arkham Knight: Better than I expected it to be. Couldn't put it down. More of the fun stuff you'd expect, great open world, some cool new story developments and I dug the Batmobile. I already talked a ton about this on here, but I had a blast. Grade: A-
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:48 pm

The Witcher 3- Does a lot of things and does them all well, but none of the aspects are quite great. Grade: B- My review http://www.pixlbit.com/review/931/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_review
Splatoon- Pretty much everything Trip said. Grade: B+
Batman: Arkham Knight Probably the best game this gen, definitely the best AAA one. I want to keep playing this, but waiting for WB to actually fix this with the PC patch and get rid of all the slowdown. It was good enough that I could ignore that for the main game, but the side stuff, not so much. Grade (as is on PC): B+

Last edited by volvocrusher on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Shadow Warrior: Neat first person sword combat with some cool powers. Great artstyle. Guns aren't all that satisfying though and the humour is really hit and miss. I'm excited for the sequel and this studio's other games. B-

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: I played this before on Ps3 but I put about 30 hours into it since getting it during the steam sale. Obviously this type of game is best on PC. The mechanics are all pretty solid and it's both twitchy and strategic. My main complaints are that the SCAR and it's terrorist equivalent should either be seriously nerfed or removed entirely, and that the community is occasionally pretty terrible. I once got kicked for trying to be careful as the last terrorist alive vs 3 CTs, and I was in the top 3 players on my team in that game. But a good game with good people is awesome. It kind of feels like Metal Gear Online but without the rampant lagswitching. A-
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:17 am

ICO: Second time I've ever played it. Damn have I gotten better at video games since the last time. It makes the length of the game much more enjoyable—just long enough so that I'm properly excited and hopeful when you think you've escaped. Grade: A

God of War: First time playing this (and everything else below). Really enjoyed it. I like the pacing of unlocking new abilities. Playing MGS - Rising, I always felt like I had too many moves that I never remembered to use. God of War gets it right with two weapons, both of which are fairly obvious as to when you should use each. Grade: A

Uncharted - Golden Abyss: Fun, but missing the Naughty Dog polish. And the quick-swiping events are annoying. Especially the ones that are part of the final boss fight. Why can't all quick-time events be like God of War? Didn't God of War start them? Grade: C+

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters: Basically have the same thoughts on this as Uncharted—missing the Insomniac touch. No swiping here though, so I enjoyed it a little better. Hoping that Secret Agent Clank is fun. Grade: B-

Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:49 am

Actually Shenmue started QTEs and even though I'm not a fan of what I played of that game as a whole, it's QTEs put most others to shame.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:26 pm

I always thought Dragon's Lair was the first to use them though Shenmue was the first to use the term QTE.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Ah yeah, good point. Always forget Dragon's Lair is nothing but QTEs.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down